SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,013 Posts
Doesn't a 50/50 setting actually do nothing at all?
In order for it to change anything wouldn't you need a minimum of 49/51?
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:14 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Doesn't a 50/50 setting actually do nothing at all?
In order for it to change anything wouldn't you need a minimum of 49/51?
Rn
He most likely means -50/+50, if your radio doesn't go to a negative value try going 25/75.
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
That's very disappointing Wish they had added the ability to control gain from tx. I wouldn't even mind having to use 3 separate channels to individually adjust gains, I know this would mean a 4 channel plane requiring a 7 channel rx.
dunno if this is feasible as all gains are independent abs you would need three knobs on your tx to do that. I don't know of one tx that has that many knobs.
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Nope. I mean 50% switch on and 50% switch off on a Futaba T10CAP Endpoint setting screen. The radio does not do negative endpoints on the screen for any endpoint settings. But the 'throws are of course a + and - value in the flesh so to speak.
See pic below.
Chan 7 (AUX 1) set to 50/50 works fine.
Chan 8 (AUX2) set to 25/75 and the servos jitter.
HeliHaven is offline Find More Posts by HeliHaven
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
dunno if this is feasible as all gains are independent abs you would need three knobs on your tx to do that. I don't know of one tx that has that many knobs.
No knobs needed, you simply adjust via atv (end points) on the particular channel you're using to control gain. For example, aux1/aux2/aux3 correspond to gain on ail/ele/rud. Then you'd do to aux1 channel on your radio and adjust the end points to achieve a given gain, do the same for other channels.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHaven View Post
Nope. I mean 50% switch on and 50% switch off on a Futaba T10CAP Endpoint setting screen. The radio does not do negative endpoints on the screen for any endpoint settings. But the 'throws are of course a + and - value in the flesh so to speak.
See pic below.
Chan 7 (AUX 1) set to 50/50 works fine.
Chan 8 (AUX2) set to 25/75 and the servos jitter.
I haven't used a futaba radio, but if you'd program those values into a spektrum radio it would simply do nothing (both values are 50). On a spektrum radio you would need to set it to -50 and +50. Once I get my ORX v2 I will test this myself and give definite feedback.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:24 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
The issue with ailL and ailR being reversed can easily be fixed with the use of a programmable servo as someone else on here mentioned. I'm using Hyperion servos which have the ability to be reversed. It's a shame there is no ailL and ailR input, then you could reverse in the radio whichever way you want.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimog View Post
I haven't used a futaba radio, but if you'd program those values into a spektrum radio it would simply do nothing (both values are 50). On a spektrum radio you would need to set it to -50 and +50. Once I get my ORX v2 I will test this myself and give definite feedback.
Yup. On Spekky and JR you are correct. I have both Futaba and JR systems, but have not tried on the JR system as I do not use it, but will do in a few mins to try it out.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
My Futaba 9c has 5.......

3 knobs on the front an 2 variable on the sides

Its not unusual on Futaba

Newer models also have them

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Last edited by dav3uk; Dec 16, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Also on radios like the new DX18 which I'm using there is already 2 gyro menus, if there's enough demand I can see spectrum adding a 3rd gyro menu. If the orx doesn't percorm that well I'm going to play with individual gyros (like the hk 401b), granted its a little more money (3X 11.99) but your have a lot of programming abilities.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Well, I just had a go with a JR system (X-378 7 channel) and what a mess. Jittering all over the place. I can use Aux to turn the gyro on and off, but cannot damp out the jittering no matter what percentages are set in the TX. The jittering is worse when in the 'Off' mode. It lessens markedly when the gyro is in the 'On' mode.
The worst of it is when inputting left aileron with the gyro in the 'off' state - man the servo jumps around like a jack hammer!

Also tried it in a Turnigy 9X upgraded with Sky9X mainboard running FrSky DJT and a D8R-XP RX - jittering just the same.

Then tried it in an old 35meg Futaba T6EX - working fine with no jittering at all.
Tried all three gyros I have and all the same. Will look at it all again tomorrow.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Minimog - take it from me - the current batches of HK401B's with the 9CV-1110A2 sensors are diabolical. Extremely over sensative to say the least! Even with all the 'fixes' of hot glue etc. they are a nightmare!
Only glad I bought two dozen 18 months ago with the MA948 can, and still have some left for my own stash!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
Minimog - take it from me - the current batches of HK401B's with the 9CV-1110A2 sensors are diabolical. Extremely over sensative to say the least! Even with all the 'fixes' of hot glue etc. they are a nightmare!
Only glad I bought two dozen 18 months ago with the MA948 can, and still have some left for my own stash!
Recommend an alternative? I have 3 401b's quacking around.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:40 AM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Sorry Minimog - can't help with anything in the same price range. Shame really, as the old once were very good.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:55 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,506 Posts
Quote:
Well, I just had a go with a JR system (X-378 7 channel) and what a mess. Jittering all over the place. I can use Aux to turn the gyro on and off, but cannot damp out the jittering no matter what percentages are set in the TX. The jittering is worse when in the 'Off' mode. It lessens markedly when the gyro is in the 'On' mode.
The worst of it is when inputting left aileron with the gyro in the 'off' state - man the servo jumps around like a jack hammer!

Also tried it in a Turnigy 9X upgraded with Sky9X mainboard running FrSky DJT and a D8R-XP RX - jittering just the same.

Then tried it in an old 35meg Futaba T6EX - working fine with no jittering at all.
Tried all three gyros I have and all the same. Will look at it all again tomorrow.
Mine was doing the same thing with an Aurora A-9. I replaced the Y connector to the ailerons from a heavy duty Hitec to a cheap HK one and it solved the jittering. I was stumped too and changed the Y connector by pure luck as I noticed that when I unplugged the ailerons it stopped.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen