HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Looks pretty good, just needs a ball for the servo linkage and maybe some real thick grease to keep it air tight. It probably uses a ball and not a rod for the valve and the spring on the bottom could also be tightened or loosened to tune it if needed.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Nice looking project . I'd ditch that weedy and get a ZENOAH 300pum from gizmo engines for $260 shipped and it's a 29.5 with a 1048 carb . Mount 5" rails and get the gizmo mounts , 1/4 shunner cable , and speedmaster hardware then your home free.
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:22 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,912 Posts
Bob, on that type you can adjust the tension a little by backing off the screw that holds the spring in place.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Nice looking project . I'd ditch that weedy and get a ZENOAH 300pum from gizmo engines for $260 shipped and it's a 29.5 with a 1048 carb . Mount 5" rails and get the gizmo mounts , 1/4 shunner cable , and speedmaster hardware then your home free.
i already did ditch the engine because it wouldn't start. i'm not going to get a zenoah any time soon because i'm already working on a progect with a large gas engine and pneumatic engines are fun because you can make them sound like a gaser, they can be made to go very fast, and i need something that requires some machining so that i finally set up my metal lathe.
builder bob is offline Find More Posts by builder bob
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:17 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcal View Post
Looks pretty good, just needs a ball for the servo linkage and maybe some real thick grease to keep it air tight. It probably uses a ball and not a rod for the valve and the spring on the bottom could also be tightened or loosened to tune it if needed.
ok, never seen one of those but that sounds like it'll work great. what kind of grease do you recommend? i can not find telescopic tubing! if anyone sees any at a hobby shop or something please tell me the place's phone number or sight so that i can order some.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
i don't know if i've posted this before but here's where i'm getting my ideas for the engine: http://home.ctlnet.com/~robotguy67/c...ir_engines.htm it's hard to get large diameter telescopic tubing (i found some! don't know what the tolerances are though) so the engine's going to have to be at least a V8 to get a lot of power. in the link the first engine only has 5 7/16" cylinders and it's swinging a 18" three blade prop, might be doing this wrong but i think that that means it's able to get close to the power of 25cc gas @ >10cc
Last edited by builder bob; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
ok i'm confused now. i've finally found the homlite with a clutch for $10 and close by. i have not yet gotten any of the parts to make the boat run on air so i always can change my mind. the idea of running a high rpm V8 is cool but it will definitely cost more then $10. what to do?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
never mind it doesn't look like the one on page two. here it is http://westernmass.craigslist.org/grq/3398351671.html
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
i found all of the pipe i will ever need! http://www.componentsupplycompany.co...tubing-sw.html looks like it'll be close to $100 worth of parts to build the engine . i should have gotten the pipe i had seen at the tagsale and just tried it!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
few my math was wrong, it's not that bad.$60 for an engine is good! i still need to be able to machine the crankshaft though. here's a kind of funny example of the power of air: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=air+p...r:24,s:0,i:163
Last edited by builder bob; Nov 15, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
i put some finish on my boat and it looks so awesome! i've got to get a pic to show you guys!
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
i got a couple cents off a house that i was striping the siding off of and i think if i use some pieces of them it'll make the boat look better. I'm not getting much time to work on the boat right now because i have a hard trimester at school. hopefully it'll get easier/i'll get less homework soon, hopefully, hopefully, hopefully
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
finally a pic! i still need to put some finish on the bottem though, i couldn't flip the boat over when the top was still wet
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Shes looking good!
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
thanks! I'm loosing interest in it again though