HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,172 Posts
All this 1S /2S, premium brushed vs brushless got me thinking
why doesn't HH ship these things with a BL enabled ESC and an optional BL motor upgrade for those of us who would want it and not mind the extra $
BlazingStar is online now Find More Posts by BlazingStar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:01 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar View Post
All this 1S /2S, premium brushed vs brushless got me thinking
why doesn't HH ship these things with a BL enabled ESC and an optional BL motor upgrade for those of us who would want it and not mind the extra $
there is that irrational feeling of expense when you add that penny and go from $99.99 to $100. There are just as many people that will give up features to get the lower price point and HH deals in volume
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:53 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,330 Posts
I thought here was a way to run these ESCs in brushless mode?
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:00 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
I thought here was a way to run these ESCs in brushless mode?
There is a Vulcan neck pinch you can do which converts the motor port from 2 wired brushed to 3 wire "servo" so you can run an external ESC from that channel. You still need to add the ESC between the brick and the motor
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:41 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Another new video from Youtube. It's a review. The guy spend too much time showing how to bind it, but when the flying start, it's quite good...

Ultra Micro Spitfire Mk IX with AS3X Technology Flight Review (7 min 48 sec)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,348 Posts
I like someones comment about a 1s in runner to replace the stock brushed motor

OK, just put on the P-51 2 blader but looks a little off...
and off to the park.. give me about a half hour to come back for a flight report..
by the way, I can't get the 4 blader to fit the P-51 and I will show why when I get back...

brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:51 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
anybody use 5030 or 5043 yet? I'm sure one of those will cure the speed issue. 4 blades have never been known for fast that is, in the rc scale.
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:12 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I like someones comment about a 1s in runner to replace the stock brushed motor

OK, just put on the P-51 2 blader but looks a little off...
and off to the park.. give me about a half hour to come back for a flight report..
by the way, I can't get the 4 blader to fit the P-51 and I will show why when I get back...

Looks like the shaft is longer on the Spitfire? Does it have a different gearbox?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:22 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,522 Posts
Got mine at 6. Walked out of the Hobby Shop to drizzle. Full rain halfway home. Supposed to be good tomorrow... when i am out of town.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Woot, came today, about 4 hours ago. Wasn't home at the time. Opened it up just now, looks nice! Picture bomb for you guys. Dunno if I can get a video though. T'was fun taxing around my house.

One damn big box.

Out of teh box

Clear ...thing

Looks awesome hopefully the pictures didn't take up too much space
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Note: Either my turnigy nano-tech 160mah batteries have died over the past month, or they simply aren't fit for this spit. They work fine in my blade msr, but with the spitfire, the motor starts pulsing within two minutes. I assume this motor pulsing is LVC. Is it?
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
Note: Either my turnigy nano-tech 160mah batteries have died over the past month, or they simply aren't fit for this spit. They work fine in my blade msr, but with the spitfire, the motor starts pulsing within two minutes. I assume this motor pulsing is LVC. Is it?

that is the LVC
and this plane does pull more amps
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post

Looks like the shaft is longer on the Spitfire? Does it have a different gearbox?

Looks to be the same gear box, but motor is set more forward than on all my other UM planes..
and check out the front of the motor... it's a different motor I think
let me know what motor you think it could be
I also noticed it has more "resistance" to it when I turn the gear box shaft

because of a smarter member than me, this has the newer motor than my P-51, that's why the difference in feel when I turn the shaft
Last edited by brushless55; Oct 05, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: newer motor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:27 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
You sure? Ive never heard of a pager motor having cogging. The cooling holes you see have been standard on there 8.5mm black endbells for a while, your mustang is probably from before that time, since the mustang was the first 8.5mm black endbell.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:28 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,235 Posts
Impressive!

Hey guys, a friend of mine is starting to get into airplanes and pulled the plug on the parkzone UM corsair. I decided that maybe it was time I tried to get another micro, and low and behold, the spitfire was available in mass quantity! Naturally I couldnt help myself being a spit/hurricane fan, bought the guy.

Review(sort of):

First things first, I have been flying for about 2 years now and fly anything from big fms warbirds to micro birds and helis. Anyway I have owned at one time or another the t28, p-51, mossie, extra 300, sbach 342, stryker, UMX mig 15, UMX Carbon Cub, and now the spit. First thing about this plane, it is very STABLE, unlike my carbon cub that still seemed to get thrown around. Second, it has a nice quality landing gear that seems to be very forgiving. For the new guys who like to deadstick ultra micros, this may or may not be the bird for you as I didnt really dead stick it ever on landing...big bird habits. I come in right around 1/4 throttle and man this thing is very consistent in the landings and is easy to land riding out on the mains for a bit. A nice touch is this plane has no problem doing inverted flight, in fact you can do inverted loops without maxing out the elevator.

Long story short, I was convinced I didnt need another micro after I sold most of mine, but this guy is a keeper! I also maidened the spit today in about 6-11 mph winds (random windy gusts) and flew through 6 batts. Not sure if I said anything you all dont already know, but my next goal is to coax my wingman to get one!

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83