Closed Thread
Old Aug 08, 2011, 11:34 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredle View Post
Could be - I've had some input in another forum. Paint on the inside edge may have been the wrong way to go - I've got to order some new blades now to give it another try.

Thanks,
Fred
Paint can be easily sanded off. The key thing is to have a good balancer that centers the prop on it the shaft. The ones that use magnetic suspension are the best.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 12:24 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
here is a video from my #11 yesterday
FPV Breaking Formations (3 min 41 sec)
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:13 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,569 Posts
#11HD camera "On sale" ???

I just got an email this AM from one of the listed eBay sellers about a "big sale" of the #11 HD. I don't know if this is true or not... the links provided don't seem to show discounted prices. I sent back an email for clarification... no reply yet. FYI... here is the text from the email FWIW:
So sorry to disturb you,i'm the service of the ebay shop "eletech086" http://stores.ebay.co.uk/eletech086 here is our website linking : www.htinter.com

Be grateful to all the valued customers the support and help ,and Our corporate company restructuring .we make the big discount for some HD 808 #11 cameras,pls refer to our ebay store and have a look,thank you.

Big discount for the #11 HD 808 camera !!! From 8th August to 20th August!!! pls help us to tell your friends or other people around you about this Promotion,thank you.

our boss,he is 34 years old,a young guy,who is the #11 HD camera developer,also my unclue (i'm really pride of him) ,till Dec 2010,he developed the #11 camera,and he does better and better in the future.if you want to share some suggestions or any comments,pls just e-mail to us,we're sincerely hope that we have more chances to make this item better and better in the future.

If you want to get some information about the #11 camera,pls feel free to contact with us,my uncle and i are alwayes here with you.

Any questions,just e-mail to us.

Have a nice day!

May you have a wonderful day,and welcome to our store again!Thankyou.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/eletech086

Best Regards

eletech086

Gmail:eleaccstore168@gmail.com

Tel:0752-2562509

MSN: emma19880329@msn.cn

Hongbin Yuan

C1108 Shuxinju

Jinhuixinyuan

No.104 Eling South Rd

Huizhou city, Guangdong province

China

0752-2562509
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 08, 2011, 01:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hexham
Joined Apr 2011
44 Posts
At the risk of double posting from another thread I made the attached with a #11 camera with which I'm very happy.

Untitled (3 min 15 sec)

Cheers
gr4ndp4 is offline Find More Posts by gr4ndp4
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:42 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Feb 2010
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
here is the text from the email FWIW:
It's better to remove the personal info like phone-numbers, msn, email.
Klaassie is offline Find More Posts by Klaassie
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:10 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,506 Posts
Here is the link for Amazon for the #11 camera

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...efix=808+hd+11
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:01 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

I doubt that is really the HD version of the key chain cam at that price? Be nice if it was true. Have you bought one?
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:08 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
It isn't it quotes 640 x 480 video, it quotes VGA 1280 x 960 but that is for pictures not video - sorry to disappoint you

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:52 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
I doubt that is really the HD version of the key chain cam at that price? Be nice if it was true. Have you bought one?
No I have not, I just notice that Ebay dominates the thread and I was wondering if Amazon had the same product. I never have been a Ebay fan, but if everyone's happy with the Huizhou City product then I guess that's where I need to buy it. I do some import business with China, only in textiles. I know all the hazards of dealing with the wrong factory. By the way, everybody in China claims they are the owner of the factory or a relative there of. The important thing is the product.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:53 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,363 Posts
Help. Is it broken?

I got the #11 and used it three times with good results. I went to use it today and I push the power button, get the yellow light and a short flash. The yellow light then remains on and I push the shutter button, nothing happens. Yellow light remains lit. Now what?
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:58 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
I got the #11 and used it three times with good results. I went to use it today and I push the power button, get the yellow light and a short flash. The yellow light then remains on and I push the shutter button, nothing happens. Yellow light remains lit. Now what?
try re flashing the firmwhare from www.techmoan.com or try the reset botton
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:04 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
here is a video from my #11 yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-mQb9Me7Y8
Just a couple of observations.

Nice smooth flying for the most part.

I don't like it when folks chase birds.
It's probably better for everyone if we try to blend in and fly with them instead of at them. If everyone starts harassing birds it will become harder and harder to film them flying comforably around our planes. Further, some rabid environmentalist may see this and appear at a local council meeting, write a letter to the local newspaper and....next thing you know.....local ordinance no. 5-00-999-69 prohibits flying RC planes at the beach.

If they want to fly at your plane, that's probably ok. They usually realize that the plane is not afraid or an enemy, and after that they either respect it or ignore it.

It looks like the lens has a haze on it. Perhaps salt air condensing on it and then evaporating when the camera warms up. Leaves a film.

A good practice, especially near the ocean, is to leave the electronics in the car for a while, out of the salt air, until it warms up. Once it is warm the moisture will not condense on the lens and fog it up. If the lens stays dry it will be less likely to pick up salt particles floating in the air. This stuff can also build up on the RC electronics and cause corrosion.

Nice video otherwise!
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Last edited by JumpySticks; Aug 08, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:47 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Just a couple of observations.

Nice smooth flying for the most part.

I don't like it when folks chase birds.
It's probably better for everyone if we try to blend in and fly with them instead of at them. If everyone starts harassing birds it will become harder and harder to film them flying comforably around our planes. Further, some rabid environmentalist may see this and appear at a local council meeting, write a letter to the local newspaper and....next thing you know.....local ordinance no. 5-00-999-69 prohibits flying RC planes at the beach.

If they want to fly at your plane, that's probably ok. They usually realize that the plane is not afraid or an enemy, and after that they either respect it or ignore it.

It looks like the lens has a haze on it. Perhaps salt air condensing on it and then evaporating when the camera warms up. Leaves a film.

A good practice, especially near the ocean, is to leave the electronics in the car for a while, out of the salt air, until it warms up. Once it is warm the moisture will not condense on the lens and fog it up. If the lens stays dry it will be less likely to pick up salt particles floating in the air. This stuff can also build up on the RC electronics and cause corrosion.

Nice video otherwise!
thanks for your comment um the plane and camara where in the car for at least an hour while i surfed....i think the problem with my camara is at the end of this video i think it was damaged you can see how clear it is
La Bufadora baja california mexico ritewing zephyr fpv crash (1 min 51 sec)
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:01 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
thanks for your comment um the plane and camara where in the car for at least an hour while i surfed....i think the problem with my camara is at the end of this video i think it was damaged you can see how clear it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYlV7xbR2HQ
Uhhh...that explains a lot of things.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:03 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
[QUOTE=JumpySticks;18993466]Uhhh...that explains a lot of things.[/QUOTE

haha does it?
Closed Thread