HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
I paid $24.88 to have a 48" MXS airframe shipped to Orlando.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,559 Posts
That's more like it!
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,644 Posts
They charge the actual shipping... I am in Alaska that's why I said yours will be less.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
635 Posts
Hey folks!
Okay got one of these for Christmas. Doc Austin sent some info, just wanted to see if anyone had a list of things to consider or problems you ran into when doing the build?
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,644 Posts
Make sure you add medium CA to the screw nuts on the control arm ball joints... I don't think the manual references that. Build is very strait forward and simple. Chris J has some build videos that may help... Don't know if he did any with this one but all 48 and 60" EXPs are very simular to build. This plane you don't cut the tab on the back of plane behind stab slot and make sure you don't glue in horizontal stab without sliding in the elevator first.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:42 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
I paid $24.88 to have a 48" MXS airframe shipped to Orlando.
You don't fly with my buddies Mark and Scott, do you?
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Make sure you add medium CA to the screw nuts on the control arm ball joints... I don't think the manual references that. Build is very strait forward and simple. Chris J has some build videos that may help... Don't know if he did any with this one but all 48 and 60" EXPs are very simular to build. This plane you don't cut the tab on the back of plane behind stab slot and make sure you don't glue in horizontal stab without sliding in the elevator first.
Thanks!! Where would I find the Chris J video?
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:24 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Thanks!! Where would I find the Chris J video?
check here: http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/arf_resource.html
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
You don't fly with my buddies Mark and Scott, do you?
I do not I have yet to join a club field here, I tend to fly from a park near the airport that folks have been flying out of for years.

Which club to they fly at? I'm debating joining one in the next month or so and would love to join one where a few acquaintances fly.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,827 Posts
Quote:
I do not I have yet to join a club field here, I tend to fly from a park near the airport that folks have been flying out of for years.

Which club to they fly at? I'm debating joining one in the next month or so and would love to join one where a few acquaintances fly.
I sent Mark a PM and he'll be in touch with you.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,559 Posts
All right I'm ready to pull the trigger on this plane! I just can't decide on the color How is the visibility with the blue, black, white scheme and are the stars removable if I wanted? Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I sent Mark a PM and he'll be in touch with you.
That was fast! Mark contacted me and I've PM'd Dave about possibly joining OMAC. Thanks again Doc (and Mark!). Videos like yours are what got me stoked about EF planes, and this MXS specifically.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
All right I'm ready to pull the trigger on this plane! I just can't decide on the color How is the visibility with the blue, black, white scheme and are the stars removable if I wanted? Thanks for the help.
I've got that color scheme and although I love it on the ground, I am finding it's a bit tough to maintain orientation during overcast days or when dusk approaches. I've thought of adding some checker stripes under the wings to help with it.

The stars are a second layer on top of the white / blue so I would imagine they are removable, I just don't have the knowledge of how you would go about it.

Either way, I am finding this plane is a joy to fly, although I am still taming the throws down to my level. Landing with 80 degrees of elevator has proven to be a challenge!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,559 Posts
Quote:
I've got that color scheme and although I love it on the ground, I am finding it's a bit tough to maintain orientation during overcast days or when dusk approaches. I've thought of adding some checker stripes under the wings to help with it.

The stars are a second layer on top of the white / blue so I would imagine they are removable, I just don't have the knowledge of how you would go about it.

Either way, I am finding this plane is a joy to fly, although I am still taming the throws down to my level. Landing with 80 degrees of elevator has proven to be a challenge!
Thanks! On sunny days you have no issues though?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,442 Posts
The red blue white plane is great in the sun, but not so good when it is thick overcast, at least compared to the yellow 64" MXS, which is pretty awesome 'til dusk almost.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f