SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
705 Posts
Hmmm.... 21AP is quite sensitive to temp changes. Thats why I always do a jumper reset on the field just before flying. It recalibrates the gyros for temp changes. Drift issues are due to temp variances
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:28 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
aero, sometimes video can keep the sats from getting locks especially 900mhz get your lock on the ground with the video tx off then plug in the video tx.... and of course keep an eye on the sats during flight...

Steve
Hi all, I find out something very nice last night. I was building up my quad and always had a hard time to get satellites set, while waiting I remenber that I had a LPF (Low Pass Filter) in the same range of my Vtx that is working around 1.2G to 1.3G, then I install the filter on my Vtx. I was amazing when I turn it on to see the satellite set, it only took 1min, before that I will take around 8min to 15min to start to get any satellites. This worth around $10 to $15 bucks and I know for sure that I will never fly without it. I also install on my SW and will make a test after CARNAVAL, . This weekend is crazy here in Brazil.
Wish you all a nice weekend.
Mauro

P.S.: This is the one the I am using, but I got mine no BEVRC: http://www.rc4y.com/rc4y-low-pass-fi...d050e5800a3fd6
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Last edited by mauromassari; Feb 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,034 Posts
have one for us!
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:59 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
have one for us!
No one but some..... defenilly YESSSSSSSSSSSS
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
nnk
Russian Federation, Republic of Buryatia, Ulan-Ude
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
Hmmm.... 21AP is quite sensitive to temp changes. Thats why I always do a jumper reset on the field just before flying. It recalibrates the gyros for temp changes. Drift issues are due to temp variances
NOT THE GYROS! much more chances its internal coding error.
Because gyros stay in same temp. i only cold\warm up barometric sensor.
Reseting on field will do nothing... because anyway temp. will change inside the box about that 10C easily.
nnk is offline Find More Posts by nnk
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:02 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,034 Posts
most likely is that they have a temperature correction that is implimented in the code... warm up the temp sensor it may correct some outputs.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
nnk
Russian Federation, Republic of Buryatia, Ulan-Ude
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
most likely is that they have a temperature correction that is implimented in the code... warm up the temp sensor it may correct some outputs.
In this you right!
but what if it warm more up 10c
nnk is offline Find More Posts by nnk
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,333 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCiU3MPuQLA

21ap doing aero's
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Sep 2010
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnk View Post
NOT THE GYROS! much more chances its internal coding error.
Because gyros stay in same temp. i only cold\warm up barometric sensor.
Reseting on field will do nothing... because anyway temp. will change inside the box about that 10C easily.
I dont know wether it is code or the gyros. The manual says to reset using jumper incase of temp variances, I do that and it works. Though, I do agree that I have noticed that the temp inside the aircraft is usually 10 deg high.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:11 AM
I didn't think it'd do that
Australia, TAS
Joined Nov 2011
183 Posts
FY21AP random glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnk View Post
Well, lot of planes crashed because of FY21 start to roll plane in all axes randomly. and sometimes just stop to works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromodellers View Post
This is strange... I have heard people talking about nose diving in the ABM mode.. but never heard of rolling automatically. Steve asked a pertinent question... does it happen after a specific duration?
Hi guys, the random roll and pitching has happened to me twice so far, the first about a month ago while close to the ground and it lasted about 5 seconds and the one last night totally destroyed my Skywalker.

If you notice in the video the gps clock stops at exactly the same point it rolls, pitches and goes into a death spiral. Ground speed freezes as well.

All stick inputs had no effect. Maybe if I had switched back to RC mode I could have saved it, but initially I thought I had broken a wing, so I didn't even think to try.

No vibrations and nothing could have possibly moved inside. She was a well balanced ship.

FPV Skywalker no more! (1 min 2 sec)
omelette is offline Find More Posts by omelette
Last edited by omelette; Feb 23, 2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:32 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,333 Posts
The AER goes to 1000 which is very bad....
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,333 Posts
The clock stopped as well...Have you got a extension lead between the 21ap and the 117's data port?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,034 Posts
omlete... yes that is terrible... mmm... I am sorry to say I have no suggestions.... I assume you are running an external BEC for the 21AP?

switching to manual is definatly the thing to do when anything goes wrong...

very sorry for the loss.... wish I could help more.

steve
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,333 Posts
My 31 was doing lock ups like that...Switching to manual would not help.

Only power it down and power it back up...Bit hart to do when it's flying..

My 21 is doing the roll bit without the lock ups, caused I crash and almost another...Trying it again today for the last time. Plays up again..BIN IT GOES!

Shame as it has been working realy good. I made a couple of changes before it start to play up, so put it back they way it was ( Radio settings)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,034 Posts
Well this is not good news guys... I'd love to try and get to the bottom of it.

Before you Bin it maybe I can convince FY to pay for shipping back to them for inspection of your unit. If they can replicate the problem then they can fix it.

let us know how it goes

Steve