HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:05 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
New Product
EzUHF, the long range EzOSD companion, AVAILABLE NOW!

Yes, we realize it has been long in the making, we’re not going to make excuses here. But we’re sure you’ll agree with us it has been well worth the wait. For starters, we’ve made every effort to make the EzUHF products simple and intuitive to use just like our other products. And naturally they offer the same rocksolid reliability and performance which is synonymous with the ImmersionRC brand. Of course the EzUHF alone is a powerful solution, but combined with our other products such as the EzOSD and the EzAntennaTracker the sum becomes greater than the parts.

EzUHF transmitter

How about seamless integration with the FPV-ers OSD of choice, the EzOSD, giving you all the essential status info about your RC link? Not a simple analog hookup, but genuine digital communication between the EzOSD’s microcontroller and the EZUHF’s. Taking all the guesswork out and showing you exactly what the status of your RC uplink is. That very same RC uplink status info is inserted into the EzTelemetry stream and decoded on the ground by your EzAntennaTracker, and visible on its display, or the Immersion player on your PC. You can even track your plane live using our Immersion player and Google Earth and get detailed RC uplink status and link budget information. You can even get detailed RSSI info directly plotted, so any ‘bad’ spots immediately show, allowing you to evaluate antennas and best areas to fly over.

ImmersionRC player link budget and Google Earth RSSI plot

Two EzUHF receivers will be available at launch. An 8-ch version which supports a diversity antenna configuration, EzOSD connectivity and is no bigger than a standard 8-ch RC receiver, nor any heavier at just 18-grams. Sporting an intelligent connector configuration this receiver will not have connectors sticking out at odd angles, but has been designed to fit snugly in the smallest of fuselages. Due to its RF hardened design it is designed with the FPV pilot in mind and has all its in- and outputs properly decoupled and filtered.

EzUHF 8-ch receiver

The second receiver simply is the smallest and lightest UHF receiver bar none, weighing in at a mere 8-grams and barely bigger than a poststamp whilst offering 4 channel support. Obviously the reduction in size makes it extremely suitable for popular planes like the FunJet, or other similar models that generally are not used for long range flying, but do require a solid, reliable connection. Coming from the same pedigree as the 8-ch EzUHF receiver the 4-ch EzUHF receiver is specifically designed for FPV use. Due to its diminutive size it however goes without the diversity or the EzOSD connectivity, as small planes don’t generally require an OSD or have room for a multiple antenna configuration.

EzUHF 4-ch receiver

The EzUHF transmitter is a true powerhouse with a wealth of connectivity broadening the horizon for each FPV pilot. Headtracking support has now been taken out of the hands of the RC transmitter and is exclusively handled by the EzUHF transmitter, so any radio can be used with your TrackR2 now. Support for any radio battery voltage is guaranteed as well, as the EzUHF transmitter has a power-in jack which will accept a 3S LiPo, so no soldering in your precious RC transmitter is required. For Futaba systems using a 9.6V battery or 3S LiPo the EzUHF transmitter can be powered directly from it, with just a single cable. The battery voltage, either from the external battery, or provided by the radio, obviously is monitored and an audible alarm will sound when the battery gets low.

The EzUHF transmitter comes with an auxilary input that’ll offer exciting upcoming new features for FPV/UAV use. The EzUHF transmitter also comes with a power boost switch, which boosts the power if you happen to put yourself in a tight spot and need to regain control. And we’ve not even touched upon the full duplex capabilities of the EzUHF solution, which is exclusively available on the EzUHF transmitter and the 8-ch EzUHF receiver, turning both into full blown transceivers and hence opening the door for exciting future possibilities.

The EzUHF transmitter

But there’s more, as all EzUHF products feature a common USB connector, even the miniscule 4-ch EzUHF receiver, which, in combination with our application software, will allow you to set up your receivers in just the way you like. Mikrokopter mode, the cloning of channels, diagnostics, firmware updates, etc. etc. all available with the click of your mouse or a press of a button, no soldering required, nor any fancy non-standard cable. Convenient, simple and intuitive, leaving you with more time to enjoy your flying, rather than spending hours or days setting up your equipment.

All of that and many, many more upcoming features which further allow integration of our products and turn the electronics powering your FPV plane into a reliable, rocksolid, but above all a plug ‘n fly solution that you get to enjoy every time you fly.

Now you must be wondering about availability? And rest assured we’re not going to go down that road again and make you wait. Actually a limited quantity of EzUHF products will be ready for shipping next week, with larger volumes available shortly thereafter. For information regarding ordering and availability a list of retailers carrying the EzUHF products will be published here shortly. Suggested retail pricing is listed below, all EzUHF transmitters come supplied with a Futaba compatible cable. An assortment of suitable transmitter and receiver antennas will be available for these retailers as well, based on our recommendations.

EzUHF transmitter : $259,-
EzUHF 8-ch receiver : $149,-
EzUHF 4-ch receiver : $109,-

ImmersionRC – Real Virtuality
http://www.immersionrc.com
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:10 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,072 Posts
Congratulations.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:15 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,137 Posts
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
I think I'll wait for the EL ...

Mine ships on monday apparently, can't wait :P
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:25 AM
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappy View Post
I think I'll wait for the EL ...

Mine ships on monday apparently, can't wait :P
I thought you were going to pick it up on Saturday :-)
ImmersionRC is offline Find More Posts by ImmersionRC
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:26 AM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
looks realy good sander nice one
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:27 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,072 Posts
Just to sum things up what sort of technology does ezuhf use? Does it use frequency hopping? How many does it hop through? What frequency?
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
Just to sum things up what sort of technology does ezuhf use? Does it use frequency hopping? How many does it hop through? What frequency?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
It is a very robust FHSS system, with flexible options (under software control0 for frequencies (around the 433MHz/70cm Ham band) and hop counts.
It records error rates for each of the hop bins and downlinks that data via the EzOSD temeletry link, so you can analyze this after the flight, if any interfering sources are suspected.
The standard option will be for 50 hops, for Ham licensees, but there are license-free parts of the 433MHz band which could be used also.
Much of this is up to the retailers, who need to choose options suitable for their local market.
ImmersionRC is offline Find More Posts by ImmersionRC
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:36 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Congratulations Sander, impressive!

Is ImmersionRC a Holland based company? I am asking because I want to know if any taxes/duties have to be paid for Dutch (and other European) customers.

Edit: Oh, you mentioned long range. Can you elaborate what the range is?
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:56 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,673 Posts
Even they are an EU company, my understanding is that their stuff is manufactured in Canada, so the prices are in $ and you must add expensive shippng and duties for us, the Europeans, go figure...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
Austria
Joined Feb 2007
6,411 Posts
as a dutch company dutch tax law applies to all EU members as long as the goods are sent from holland. if you order from outside the EU (e.g. nghobbies in canada) your national tax laws apply. likewise if you order to a non-EU country from holland.
trappy is offline Find More Posts by trappy
Last edited by trappy; Mar 24, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmersionRC View Post
It is a very robust FHSS system, with flexible options (under software control0 for frequencies (around the 433MHz/70cm Ham band) and hop counts.
It records error rates for each of the hop bins and downlinks that data via the EzOSD temeletry link, so you can analyze this after the flight, if any interfering sources are suspected.
The standard option will be for 50 hops, for Ham licensees, but there are license-free parts of the 433MHz band which could be used also.
Much of this is up to the retailers, who need to choose options suitable for their local market.
So, that means it can be legal used in the EU, without need for an ham license?
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:32 AM
Challenging Convention
UK
Joined Jun 2006
714 Posts
Ohh, she looks the nuts..

I

AM

GLAD

I

WAITED

FOR

THIS

!!!!!!!

Cheers

Andy
Andology is offline Find More Posts by Andology
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:35 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Quote:
ImmersionRC is a registered trade name of Hardware Analysis, The Netherlands
I know I pay tax/duties on items bought in Europe and have to pay on items above a certain value that I import from outside Europe. The quote above makes me believe that ImmersionRC is a Holland based company and prices from ImmersionRC products include tax/dutes (as arranged per Dutch law that products advertised to consumers should include all taxes).

I asked because I am/was not sure that ImmersionRC is a Dutch company.
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:40 AM
France
Joined Sep 2009
80 Posts
Hello,
FELICITATIONS ! =))
fjnetcom is offline Find More Posts by fjnetcom