HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2014, 02:32 PM
yeah boy
Newton, NH
Joined Jul 2003
36 Posts
Discussion
ideas needed for the guts of a parkzone ultra micro spitty?

Had a bad crash yesterday, will try to tape both wings up and fly again...but was wondering thoughts/ideas to put the guts of the spitty into?

what would you do with them? looking for ideas please
david5272 is offline Find More Posts by david5272
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2014, 03:29 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
6,904 Posts
check in scratchbuild.

very likely you can put her back together and she will fly like nothing happened. i flew mine hard and she still took all i threw at her.

post pics of the complete airframe here, and on the dedicated spitfire thread on this forum. we can help you piece it back together and give tips if you need help.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 21, 2014, 03:27 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,422 Posts
I know a guy that build a B-25 or B-something out of one. It was really cool, but don't ask me how he did it lol
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2014, 03:58 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
6,904 Posts
that would be at least a twin. would need more than one motor and esc.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 22, 2014, 02:26 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
that would be at least a twin. would need more than one motor and esc.
lol I was thinking he said mossie, not spitty.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2014, 10:43 PM
Lansdowne, Pa
Joined May 2010
229 Posts
I had the AS3X Mustang and had a nasty crash. I had the fuse, wing and tail set for an UM Trojan and decided to throw the P-51 guts into the parts and make an AS3X Trojan.

It's now my favorite airplane to fly. It can fly fast or slow and fly in windy conditions. Give it a shot.
akozols is offline Find More Posts by akozols
Old May 24, 2014, 01:54 AM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2014
94 Posts
Scratch built flat panel 3d plane from doller-tree foam. Thats just for start though. While your beating the hell out of that, start cutting and forming whatever airframes your sick and twisted imagination can come up with. Then throw the system in a few of your favorites. Thats my plan when my sukoi xp gets beyond a foam tack repair.

That being said, you'd be amazed how repairable these planes are. As I said ^, FOAM TACK. buy it. The repairs are stronger than the foam itself.
The Jackalope is offline Find More Posts by The Jackalope
Old May 24, 2014, 10:25 AM
Toaster, not Toast
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2014
18 Posts
Check out Stevensaero, they make a bunch of balsa kits for the parkzone kits. I have the Liddlegee which is cute and a blast to fly. Sadly, most of their kits are 3 channel RET and I don't know how they'd handle the As3X. I too have the guts from a spitfire waiting for the right airframe so I hope you keep us up to date with your choice.
Toastermoore is offline Find More Posts by Toastermoore