Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Nov 2004
156 Posts
Discussion
Rectified, I'm now a happy customer Poor customer service at NEU. Playing telephone

I love NEU motors but the customer service sucks bad. I just sent a NEU motor in to change an output shaft. They sent the motor back to me in a different can with no gearbox... I don't even know if it is my original motor at this point and the people at customer service give me no confidence that they know what they are doing.

The real problem is the return method. You just send your motor in with a description of what you want. Then they call you and talk. Well, apparently we were speaking gibberish to each other and they had no idea what I wanted to do with my motor. Why would I ever take the gearbox off (which they failed to return to me at all)? It's worth almost as much as the motor itself...

They need a menu form for returns, or something. Print out a page from the website and order what you want. Describing things over the phone to someone who doesn't even understand their product line or the applications leads to confusion (how could it not) and results in mistakes. How can a company that makes such good motors be so flakey with their customer service. I'll consider Hacker in the future... Annoying.
FULLSCALE is offline Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
Last edited by FULLSCALE; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,338 Posts
Sorry about the problems but it sounds like there is something missing from the story. Why we're you asking for a new shaft?

There is a online form that we ask customers to download and fill out when retuning times for service. Did you find in the repair section?

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Sorry bro, Ive sent motors in for service that I have beat to death and the service has always been top shelf.
joepapa74 is offline Find More Posts by joepapa74
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,576 Posts
Repair information,

http://www.neumotors.com/Site/Repair_info.html

Repair form,

http://www.neumotors.com/Site/Repair...est%20Form.pdf

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:32 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Nov 2004
156 Posts
NEU has rectified this. Note to all: use the repair form...

NEU has rectified this, sending me the motor with my gearbox and a new shaft. Thanks Steve for your reply here and throughout this forum, you make great motors and your company did me right, it just took a while, total time Nov-Feb 10th. I've since bought another Neu motor and will continue to buy them.

To be fair, I did not see the repair form, (I'd say it's fair to say it isn't easy to find) and just sent in the motor with a handwritten note describing what I wanted. This probably led to some of the confusion .
I had a 1110 with P22 4.4 gearbox and a broken output shaft. I sent the motor in with a handwritten "note with my contact information and the nature of the problem", that I wanted a larger shaft if possible, but if not replace with the same size. The motor got sent back to me without the gearbox and a 3.2 shaft, smaller than the original.

Here are the instructions on the repair page, I quit reading after it started talking about Medusa and Aveox. Should have read to the bottom...

"All repairs should be sent to the location below. Please remove any connectors or speed controllers from the motor. It will save us time and help us get your motor back to faster. Be sure to include a note with your contact information and the nature of the problem. Repairs usually take two to three weeks after the motor arrives here. We also can provide repair service for both Aveox and Medusa brand motors. If calling about repair status please do so between 9am and 12pm PST. Please download and use this form when sending motors back for repair or service: Service Request Form.pdf"
FULLSCALE is offline Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,338 Posts
Glad to hear things got sorted out.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu