Closed Thread
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,390 Posts
Discussion
DeMint Will Leave Senate to Run the Heritage Foundation

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us...tion.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Senator Jim DeMint, the conservative Republican from South Carolina who helped ignite the Tea Party movement, will leave the Senate to become president of the Heritage Foundation, a conservative research group.

Mr. DeMint — who has fashioned himself into a bit of a kingmaker for conservative Republicans, often at the expense of his own Republican colleagues — now finds himself with a comfortable and well-paying perch that will provide a platform to continue his efforts to push the Republican Party to the right.

DeMint told the Wall Street Journal, which broke the news shortly before DeMint released his statement, that the decision was grounded in the need to effectively popularize conservative positions "because we saw in the last election we were not able to communicate conservative ideas that win elections."

Joe Walsh
Richard Murdoch
Todd Akin
Allen West
Jim DeMint

"See Ya" bags....
Broken Wings is offline Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Last edited by Broken Wings; Oct 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:21 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,615 Posts
I don't blame him. Not at all
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,390 Posts
Defeatist, Jim DeMint said, "If we're able to stop Obama (Health Care Reform) on this, it will be his Waterloo. It will break him."

It looks like this is Jim's Waterloo......
Broken Wings is offline Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:36 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,615 Posts
All them tossers need to be stood up
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:32 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Good for him. Sounds like a great job.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:36 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Good for him. Sounds like a great job.
He's moved to do business with like minded

Modern Liberalism is an abject failure, historically, and needs to run its course....again...
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,615 Posts
We need an independent, libertarian juggernaut in the house! SOMETHIN!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:56 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
He'll be an excellent addition and will be instrumental in getting the Classical Liberal view out to the country.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:59 PM
Watts is life...
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
He'll be an excellent addition and will be instrumental in getting the Classical Liberal view out to the country.
I agree.... I know a few others who need to bailout of the party as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:19 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
I agree.... I know a few others who need to bailout of the party as well.
The best way to fight Modern Liberalism is to bring back Classical Liberalism. There are but a handful of Classical Liberals in DC and are too often drowned out by wannabe Statesmen who claim to support the Constitution but are only there for power and influence.

In order to retake DC, the country needs to be re-educated on what the Constitution is, what Freedom is and what the role of Government should be.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:41 PM
Watts is life...
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
In order to retake DC, the country needs to be re-educated on what the Constitution is, what Freedom is and what the role of Government should be.
We're now past that point. 52% bought more of the same. What I see, like I mentioned about changing how I do business, is the approach going forward. DeMint is very smart about making the change now. I suspect more with follow suit.

Here's what I mean... its folks like this, who will dig in, have dug in, and will trade (do busness with) in a such way as to let Modern Liberalsim, its systems run its course, while at the same time stay true to core values... they will watch this clip and not understand it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...nn_romney.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:52 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
The only thing that freaks out liberals more than a fiscal conservative is a black fiscal conservative. DeMint's replacement:
Quote:
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) will announce Monday that she will appoint Rep. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) to the Senate, according to two sources with knowledge of the pick.

Haley is set to announce the pick at noon.

Scott, 47, will replace Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), who is leaving the chamber in January to head up the conservative Heritage Foundation.

Sen.-designate Scott will become the only African-American currently serving in the Senate and the first black Republican to serve in the upper chamber since the 1970s. He will also be the first black senator from the South since Reconstruction.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ott-to-senate/
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:11 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
The only thing that freaks out liberals more than a fiscal conservative is a black fiscal conservative. DeMint's replacement:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ott-to-senate/
If how Progressives treated M. Steele, M Love, C Rice, Col West, M Malkin, L Elder, E Williams and T Sowell are any indicators, I'm sure we'll be seeing some racially motivated nastiness from them that will be promptly ignored by the media.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:40 PM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,565 Posts
Quote:
If how Progressives treated M. Steele, M Love, C Rice, Col West, M Malkin, L Elder, E Williams and T Sowell are any indicators, I'm sure we'll be seeing some racially motivated nastiness from them that will be promptly ignored by the media.
yep, Uncle Tom and all that. Maybe even a Cornball Brother....
Tim Jonas is online now Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:47 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
They are not freaked out. They will just marginalize him like they have done with the rest.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Closed Thread