Closed Thread
Old May 02, 2011, 02:06 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Hahaaa... I never thought the ol' "Bristol Stomp" might fix it! If it re-appears, its got to be between the lens and the CMOS chip, I think, so unscrewing the lens (mark the position first of course) and blowing or brushing the innards with a lens brush will likely fix it for good!.
No, I think I'll just aim the plane at another post, but do I have to build a Polaris first
Head
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2011, 10:00 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber78 View Post
Hi,

for those who are wondering what is the battery management IC of the 808HD, I researched it quite a bit and what i found out is that it is equivalent to Linear Technology LTC4054 or Microchip MCP73811. the chip is actually a single cell Li-Ion battery charger which also stops the charge when the cell is full.

the actual part number used on the 808HD is 2YL6 which is the same as the above mentioned part number.

i built Li-Ion chargers based on the MCP73811 to charge my extra Li-Ion batteries.
Thanks for digging out that info. Do you know if that chip also regulates the charge with the conventional CC-CV charge profile? Since the battery also has a charge regulating circuit on it's output tabs, like the old 808 battery, do you consider it to be redundant and maybe just comes that way from the manufacturer, so they don't bother to remove it? That integral battry circuit was discusson the chucklohr.com site, and was determined to simply bracket the battery voltage... acting as a LVC on the discharge and capping the voltage on the charge cycle.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old May 02, 2011, 10:07 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJarred View Post
hi everyone, sorry if you get these posts alot in this thread, but i have read through the initial posts and i want to get the camera, can anyone tell me the best ebay store to buy it from, and what fish eye lense to buy for it???

thankyou for your help,
AJ
Please re-read post #2. All the stores sell the same camera and all have shown good service... take your pick. Post #3 gives wide angle lens info.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old May 02, 2011, 10:33 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Today I had a chance to fly my new HD cam with macro lens.
video is pretty boring , bumpy air but great sunny day.
http://vimeo.com/23137020

I see skipped frames and over saturated colors
Oh, never mind, I see IN the post that you were using your macro lens.

It looks good J. The macro lens messes up the focus just a little bit but really, it's still pretty good. I could see a little smudginess from the center of the frame up but from center down it was spot on.

You might want to do a video with the lens on (and the correct date ) just to check the focus "as is".

Other then that, good job.

Was this AV using yor FPV setup with the keyfob separate?

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old May 02, 2011, 10:36 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
Oh, never mind, I see IN the post that you were using your macro lens.

It looks good J. The macro lens messes up the focus just a little bit but really, it's still pretty good. I could see a little smudginess from the center of the frame up but from center down it was spot on.

You might want to do a video with the lens on (and the correct date ) just to check the focus "as is".

Other then that, good job.

Was this AV using yor FPV setup with the keyfob separate?

Yabba
Yeo sides are bit of focus but there are some frame skipping when you watch larger image.
Next time I'll try without the lens.
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Old May 02, 2011, 10:42 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Yeo sides are bit of focus but there are some frame skipping when you watch larger image.
Next time I'll try without the lens.
And the right date Dog,

Y.
Old May 02, 2011, 10:52 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,775 Posts
Yep I set it up after that video let me check again :-)
Yep it works :-))))
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by nakelp86; May 02, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Yep I set it up after that video let me check again :-)
Yep it works :-))))
Photoshop You can figure out how to draw in the date with Photoshop but you can't figure out how to SET it

Yabba
Old May 02, 2011, 11:41 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,775 Posts
hahaha
dont let me start throwing some tomatoes there :-)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Old May 02, 2011, 12:34 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev View Post
This is my first flight recorded using #11 cam and fisheye lens adapter It was on board of one FPV Aeromaster with 1.3G gear and Dragonlink radio. Thank you guys for the ideas here!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92jj0kydE04
Good quality video which fisheye did you purchase and from where.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old May 02, 2011, 12:38 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
832 Posts
Anyone have a spare # 11 hd key cam avilable to sell? Need one to take with me to panama for some aerial videos of properties ,

dont really have the time to get it from china , they we gone all weekend at the model expo and then today they were celebrating labor day . This will kill the shipping time ,
thanks geoff
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old May 02, 2011, 04:09 PM
Joined Oct 2009
226 Posts
My effort with #11

MOTH & CAM MPG4 (3 min 29 sec)

HI ALL
Thanks for all the help here.
Finally got my #11 up.
Very happy with it, hope the video isn't too boring.
May not be obvious in the pic of the "holder" I made, the "holes" are protected with a piece of thin plastic, held on with double sided tape, voices (edited out) still very clear through plastic.
No filters used, just trimming and titles, for now anyway.
GWS 3D TIGER MOTH.
KINGSTON 4X4 CHIP.

RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS
Old May 02, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee404 View Post
Just a quick post,

Engine off 4.20v
Engine on 4.21v
Without camera 4.20v
Camera on recording 4.20v

I have now also tested the car battery charger and confirm that it has a low output voltage. I could continuous record for almost 10 hours on my 32GB card which is the expected recording time. The voltage varied between 4.24V and 4.31V on my $30 multimeter.

I started recording with a depleted internal battery. At the end of my tests the internal battery was still almost depleted. Why wasn't it fully charged?

I then did the same tests with with 4 fully charged AAA cells and a depleted internal battery AND A 1N4001 DIODE connected in series - I deliberately wanted to keep the voltage low. I got only 18 minutes of continuous recording and the voltage varied from 4.18V down to 3.99V. I could restart the camera and record another 16 minutes on the internal LIPO. Why was the internal LIPO partly charged? 34 minutes total recording on 4 AAA cells?! I will repeat this test tomorrow after fully charging the AAAs again.

So, what can we learn from this? I don't know, I am more confused than ever!
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old May 02, 2011, 04:40 PM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Good quality video which fisheye did you purchase and from where.
Thank you! The focus is not so perfect and I use a card which is not "C" grated at all. The lens is from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
tushev is online now Find More Posts by tushev
Old May 02, 2011, 05:07 PM
Joined May 2011
3 Posts
Hey all,

first thanks for all the informations about the 808 HD cam, i recently bought one too and i can't wait to play with it, i've got a #3 version already, but the difference between #3 and #11 was really big.

Anyway, i have still some questions, how long exactly do i need to charge the #11? Some are saying ~1hour, some say 90min, is there a exactly time? My #3 version constantly lights up then the charge is finished, so how do i know when the charging is done?

Second questions, i've read here in a few pages, that after the new patch (to record more than 20mins) someguys said that the quality isn't that good like before or its kinda laggy (lower fps), is that true? Is the quality in anyway worse after the patching the new firmware?

And for Video Editing, i am using Freemake now, coz its alot easier to use, but i wonder if there is any nice settings to make the file smaller but still keep the quality like the original (without any quality losses)?
I am using the "Sony" 720P Settings, and with custom Bitrate of 3200, but i am not sure if the quality is the same as the Raw.

Does anyone have a nice configuration to make the quality most small as possible and with the best Quality? As example, a friend sent me a video file of a Full HD clip (1080P) the lenght of the video is like 9min but its only 230MB large, but has a excellent quality, well atleast better than any 720P could have, how its possible to do that?

Thanks in advance for the answers

Regards,
Can
can76 is offline Find More Posts by can76
Closed Thread