HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:20 AM
Joined Nov 2014
96 Posts
Discussion
Galaxy Visitor 3 vs. Flying 3d X6?

Hello friends!

First off, I'm new here in the forums so please don't be so harsh on me. Second, I'm quite new to quadcopters (or to R/C flying entirely, hehe!) I say quite because I already owned 2 quads. WL V222 and Blade Nano Qx (I sold the later.) Though I already had 2 quads, I can say that my flying skills are extremely basic. Basic in the sense that I cannot fly a quad (regardless of the size) properly indoors. I was able to fly my V222 outside twice but both instances resulted in a minor crash.

Okay, enough of the background. On to the question.
I'm planning to buy a new quad. Based on the research I've done (here and in other sites) and given the basic flying skills I've got, I came up with the 2 stated multi-rotors. Basically, what made me choose both are their abilities and features that cater to beginners like me. I'll break down what i've researched for easier understanding:

Nine Eagles Galaxy Visitor 3*
- Beginner Mode (Max hover at 9'+/-)
- Altitude Hold
- Headless mode
- Auto return
- Ample flight time
- Built-in Camera
- Cheaper than Flying 3d X6

The only thing that kinda holds me back from acquiring it instantly is the fact that it does not have GPS (well, its too cheap to have one) and it has brushed motors that would eventually die faster than the brushless Flying 3d X6. On the other hand, here are what I find interesting about the Flying 3d

Flying 3d X6
- GPS assisted flying
- High wind resistance
- One touch return
- Safety features (fail safe landing, etc)
- Marginally cheap for a GPS, brushless quad

I was already inclined in buying a galaxy visitor 3 until I saw this quad. However, upon further research, what held me back is the flight time which is only a fraction of the Galaxy Visitor 3, plus, it does not have its own camera. I'm not a techie mod guy and given its price, I think I could not afford additional expenses.

I'm not really particular with power or flight speed since i'll be mostly using it for aerial videos. (because I travel much).

Planning to make a purchase by the end of November. Hope to hear from you guys. thanks!

Edit: Will also consider Walkera QR Y100. Will delete this thread once im done making a poll. thanks!
Azgauth is offline Find More Posts by Azgauth
Last edited by Azgauth; Nov 25, 2014 at 02:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:32 AM
Joined Oct 2014
7 Posts
Hello, I have the Galaxy Visitor 3 and I feel very comfortable, as it is a model very reliable, stable and excellent features like return to home and flight intelligent and beautiful lights for night flying. But let's say the price as the Flying 3d X6 instead is better as is already brushless, and equipped with GPS so I'd go on the latter. You should, however, take a look at other models like RC EYE One Xtreme, WLtoys V393, JJRC H8C, WLtoys V666, V323-WLtoys FPV.
raul329 is offline Find More Posts by raul329
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:36 AM
Joined Oct 2014
7 Posts
This is the video that we did my brother and I with the Galaxy Visitor 3
Nine Eagles Galaxy Visitor 3 Bi7hazard (1 min 15 sec)
raul329 is offline Find More Posts by raul329
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:37 AM
Joined Nov 2014
96 Posts
Thanks for you inputs raul. Will take that into consideration.
BTW I made a poll question for easier uhhh choice making? lol!
Kindly see this thread instead.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2292019

Will be closing this one so as to avoid multiple post. thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:43 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2011
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raul329 View Post
Hello, I have the Galaxy Visitor 3 and I feel very comfortable, as it is a model very reliable, stable and excellent features like return to home and flight intelligent and beautiful lights for night flying. But let's say the price as the Flying 3d X6 instead is better as is already brushless, and equipped with GPS so I'd go on the latter. You should, however, take a look at other models like RC EYE One Xtreme, WLtoys V393, JJRC H8C, WLtoys V666, V323-WLtoys FPV.
Is it a real "return to home" ? Does the Galaxy Visitor 3 have GPS ?
sylvestor2002 is offline Find More Posts by sylvestor2002
Old Dec 01, 2014, 12:25 AM
Joined Nov 2014
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002 View Post
Is it a real "return to home" ? Does the Galaxy Visitor 3 have GPS ?
oh I forgot to close this thread. Kindly see the other one I made at

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2292019&page=2

and no. The GV3 does not have a GPS.