SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:47 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Questions:

When you sell the V959 can it come with any module or does it have to be the camera version? I'm thinking of getting a 808 from you guys but would have no need to for the WLToys cam if I did.

What's a good source of tiny wires the micros use? I'm converting several of my quads to DIY versions but need more wires. Sizes very small and too d*mn small, to be exact.

Are you guys going to, by chance, eventually sell the Turnigy tx's or any balance chargers?

Was the moon landing real or fake?

Thank you,
V
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:51 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Questions:

When you sell the V959 can it come with any module or does it have to be the camera version? I'm thinking of getting a 808 from you guys but would have no need to for the WLToys cam if I did.

What's a good source of tiny wires the micros use? I'm converting several of my quads to DIY versions but need more wires. Sizes very small and too d*mn small, to be exact.

Are you guys going to, by chance, eventually sell the Turnigy tx's or any balance chargers?

Thank you,
V
Small magnet wire you'll get for free when cannibalising worn out motors - rip the end cap off - voila - 3 spools wire.

small balance chargers are quite cheap - ~ 25 USD shipped for a clone.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:12 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,467 Posts
Quote:
Questions:

Thank you,
V
Hey V, by default the come with the camera................I wish we could have ordered them without any modules and just add them ala carte, but you can swap the camera out with the other modules. Once we receive the shipment we'll have a better idea of what bundling we can do.

We'll carry anything that sells good and we can offer a competitive price on.

The moon landing was real, or at least faked realisticly
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:46 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
986 Posts
MO,

Any ETA on the 959? Soon I hope.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,467 Posts
Hey Ben, wired the money to China this afternoon. I expect it to ship tommorrow. If things go perfect, 1 week, if customs screws us like last time 2 weeks.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:17 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
986 Posts
I'll be there.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:35 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
More questions:

What's the battery life of the 808?

How many minutes of 720p video will a 16gb card hold?

How do you change settings of the camera (like resolution, orientation, date, etc, )?

When is jai-alai going to make a come back?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:06 AM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I'll be there.
You'll have to get behind me Ben
UniversalRC is online now Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:06 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,467 Posts
Quote:
More questions:

What's the battery life of the 808?

How many minutes of 720p video will a 16gb card hold?

How do you change settings of the camera (like resolution, orientation, date, etc, )?

When is jai-alai going to make a come back?
Here ya go bud:

About 45 minutes:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=12

At 7mb per minute 16GB would hold 39 hours if my calculations are correct. Obviously it's Massive Overkill

4 GB is more than sufficient for many electric RC outings. My 5 1/2 minute videos take about 290 megs, so at that real-time rate, 77 minutes of recording could be done on that 4 GB card.

There's a GUI software you can buy that makes it ridiculously simple to configure:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...19&postcount=4

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=11

Thanks to Tom and Isoprop for collaborating on this for the community.

Jai-alai will make a comeback when they integrate some MMA rules and have cheerleading added to the sport...........or better yet cheerleaders are now the players doing MMA , where only grappling and not punching\kicking is allowed, where the cesta has whips attached to the end and the pelota is made from KY jelly-filled bubble-bath-style gelatin balls.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:09 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi MO,
You can let your Sig out of that closet now...The main reason that I got my daughter interested in flying multicopters was to keep her off Fart...I mean Facebook...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Don't know why I missed this post Jim, we ought to start a Chicks for Quads group
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:07 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey Ben, wired the money to China this afternoon. I expect it to ship tommorrow. If things go perfect, 1 week, if customs screws us like last time 2 weeks.
What kind of pricing could we expect for the V959? Sorry for the OT question.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
What kind of pricing could we expect for the V959? Sorry for the OT question.
Well Banggood is selling them for $69. We won't be $10 more than that. Everyone else is selling it for $83 shipped.

Modules are going for $7-8 so I think we can match that too.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,467 Posts
I just want to apologize in advance for being OOS of the V202 (only 10 left and I may reserve a few for local sales) and other parts. I'm hoping our replenishment order will get processed before Chinese festivities begin, but it's now in fate's hands. If things go well, we'll be restocked within a week. If they go bad, it could be the end of February.

The V202 has kept MassiveRC alive, which could have gone belly-up from dealing with Hubsan. I'm still waiting to see if Hubsan does right by us and will post an update when I feel their attempt has been finalized. James, I apologize for not listening to you.

One other thing I'd like to mention is the Chinese people. While we all complain about the horrible quality of products coming out of China, I really feel for the workers. What can you expect for $.10\hour wages and exhausting hours. I hope they all get a chance to let off some steam and get some relaxation in during their much-needed holiday.

Thanks for your patience.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:18 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
yep, or at least play with the cool toys they are making during their (non-existing) lunch breaks...
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,362 Posts
Hmmm, Only 10 left? Yikes!
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp