HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
Mine were tapped to the side of the box. I did not see the rods until i started to cut the box up for trash. Very easy to miss.
Thanks!!
My box is still in the recycling bin...I'll take a look as soon as I get home.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster View Post
sorry but i dont know what all the fuss is about the phase 3 f16 . i had one after a couple of fantoms which were slow , noist but stable. had 4 funjets on 4 cells , very good, just a bit small and non-scale. i think the f16 s a bit over rated
So you're not sure why people like the Phase-3 EF16?

I have had three...it's a simple, cheap, clean, easy to build EDF that will go over 100mph on relatively little power (for a EDF).

Folks have modified this airframe to be amongst the fastest foam models in the world.

What's not to like?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
its ok for the money. i must be a fun jet fan, just fancy something bigger. i think a lot of level 100mph plus figures are exagerrated. the funjet can easily do it on 4 cells you can feel it pulling vertically, but im not convinced edf like f16 s can do that . just my opinion
boxster is offline Find More Posts by boxster
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
its ok for the money. i must be a fun jet fan, just fancy something bigger. i think a lot of level 100mph plus figures are exagerrated. the funjet can easily do it on 4 cells you can feel it pulling vertically, but im not convinced edf like f16 s can do that . just my opinion
You're entitled to your opinion...but check out the thread. These guys know what they're talking about and the performance is not a matter of opinion.

Yes, a Funjet can certainly go that fast and since it's a prop driven plane, (which is generally more efficient than a ducted fan) it will go faster on less power.

But...that's missing the point of EDF coolness.

Regardless, the Phase3 Squall! is a different plane so we're talking about this in the wrong thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1336175
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
really like the look of the great planes EVADER and the PHAZER.pity they re so small. the PHAZER looks fantastic in the front window. but on the field it ll soon become a dot!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
really like the look of the great planes EVADER and the PHAZER.pity they re so small. the PHAZER looks fantastic in the front window. but on the field it ll soon become a dot!
Also wrong thread....and wrong forum since they're not foamies.
You can look these up yourself.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
sorry , first time on here.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
......but a last word on the f 16. you ll be lucky to get 70 plus mph out of a dive on 3 cells. too much exagerated figures im afraid . people can kid themselves if they want to
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
......but a last word on the f 16. you ll be lucky to get 70 plus mph out of a dive on 3 cells. too much exagerated figures im afraid . people can kid themselves if they want to
Speed typically requires more voltage. I'll agree with you there. In this plane, iirc, you need ~500W to hit triple digits...much more easily attainable with 4s than with 3s.

All of the 100+ EF-16 setups I have seen in person have been 4s+. The real high speed guys are running 6s, I believe.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Speed typically requires more voltage. I'll agree with you there. In this plane, iirc, you need ~500W to hit triple digits...much more easily attainable with 4s than with 3s.

All of the 100+ EF-16 setups I have seen in person have been 4s+. The real high speed guys are running 6s, I believe.
squall looks pretty good for the money. 4 cell version just under 100 all in except servos in the uk. might be tempted
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,338 Posts
again, o/t , but the p3 f16 is one of the best low drag simple edf's available, make no mistake!

chuck
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Feb 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
how big of a battery did u use? i have had a few different auw setups and really liked the lighter one but...... i want lots of power to use w/ the tv this time and that will take the bigger battery, hope it still works ok a bit porky

chuck.
2200, 2600. About three to four minutes with four or five full throttle runs while running 1/2 the rest of the time. Just ordered a 5000 nano-tech form HK for $42. That should make me happy.
parpar1 is offline Find More Posts by parpar1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Feb 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
squall looks pretty good for the money. 4 cell version just under 100 all in except servos in the uk. might be tempted
So cool i bought two on black friday $39.... The second one is to go stupid on.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:18 PM
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Feb 2011
256 Posts
Pictures of my first Squall build.

i made the tail cone / TV removable. So depending on my mood i can to just go fast or spinnnnn like a ball.

Working on a small outlet (2.x inch) to see whats what.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
2200, 2600. About three to four minutes with four or five full throttle runs while running 1/2 the rest of the time. Just ordered a 5000 nano-tech form HK for $42. That should make me happy.
well that 5000 will check out the weight carrying capability

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r