New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2015, 12:06 AM
Find More Posts by kohersh
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
899 Posts
Unfortunately yes, it happens. Glad it didn't cost you a plane. Good friend of mine lost a 120cc gasser yesterday at joe nall, it happens
kohersh is online now Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2015, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by Apollo Icon
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
Unfortunately yes, it happens. Glad it didn't cost you a plane. Good friend of mine lost a 120cc gasser yesterday at joe nall, it happens
Sorry to hear that. It is always a bad day when you lose a bird, but I think it hurts more when it happens and it was beyond your control. I hate it when I have crashed a plane because I made a mistake, but I can live with that because it was something I did. Losing a plane to a mechanical failure just feels like a kick between the legs.
Apollo Icon is offline Find More Posts by Apollo Icon
Old May 13, 2015, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by regalmat
Ashburn VA
Joined Feb 2010
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Ouch. I was lucky--and that isn't usually the case.
regalmat is offline Find More Posts by regalmat
Old May 13, 2015, 09:48 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2011
899 Posts
See thats funny, I feel the opposite. If a servo craps or the radio drops out and the plane goes in there was nothing I could have done unfortunate as it was. but if i thumb it in, then i'm sick about it
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2015, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Apollo Icon
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
See thats funny, I feel the opposite. If a servo craps or the radio drops out and the plane goes in there was nothing I could have done unfortunate as it was. but if i thumb it in, then i'm sick about it
Your also a much better pilot than I am (currently, give me a few more years and that might not be the case). I accepted early on that I would kill a few birds due to inexperience. So if I eat run way, I learn and move on. Maybe in a few years when I can stick my harrier rolls 100% of the time I will feel different.
Apollo Icon is offline Find More Posts by Apollo Icon
Old May 14, 2015, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by camoy
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,718 Posts
Well for me since i am still learning 3D and equipment failures are beyond my control and can happen regardless of equipment used. I don't feel terrible when i crash. Either i made a mistake and need to learn from it or equipment gave out and nothing i can do about it as stuff does wear out.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2015, 07:13 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2011
899 Posts
We all make mistakes though guys. Crash happens
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2015, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Icon View Post
looking for some advice!

Just moved from to Phoenix and the lack of humidity caused my plane to shrink. Ironed out all the wrinkles etc, being careful to to twist the fuse, but now I can't pull any extream G tricks without losing my canopy. Snap rolls, inverted walls, etc of that nature and I eject my canopy.
Yeah I had the same issue, and I just tape the canopy like others have said. In Colorado it was mostly fine but I did get the canopy to pop off a few times. The plane is still straight and flies just fine. Flies better actually, now that I have more air to work with.

Where do you fly around here?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old May 17, 2015, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by regalmat
Ashburn VA
Joined Feb 2010
1,088 Posts
Quote:
I hate both situations, but the engineer in me really hates an unverified failure or one I don't understand. I had a few planes/helis just drop out of the sky and it killed me trying to figure out what the cause was. When I dumb thumb, I grit my teeth but I don't doubt how I ended up with a bag full of airplane to take home.
regalmat is offline Find More Posts by regalmat
Old May 17, 2015, 04:53 PM
Find More Posts by jrd210
Nelson BC
Joined Mar 2009
39 Posts
@Apollo Icon, I was losing canopy with snap rolls and tried tape but now glued one small piece of wooden dowel into the fuselage cockpit and then enlarged the hole in the front of the canopy, I also added a second magnet at the back as I did not think it was a strong enough "click" into place. Seems better so far.
jrd210 is offline Find More Posts by jrd210