Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:28 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,000 Posts
Discussion
Atomik 1/18 Ford 150 truck

Any members owning this small truck. I would like to hear about your experiences, mods if any and anything that will help me to make up my mind for getting one for Christmas. Thanks
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Last edited by Thetis; Dec 02, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:12 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,000 Posts
So, nobody in this forum is owning this truck, right?
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:59 PM
Jody
Cincinnati
Joined Nov 2010
63 Posts
I own one and also sell them, among other things. When they came out, I took one to use for a demo vehicle. It runs fine, it looks cool, and I have not had any trouble with it! I have not made any modifications.

The original set of instructions that came with these things did not include information about charging the battery and was missing some instructions about the radio. I'd make sure the seller provides you with the supplemental info if you are getting this as a gift for someone, or you could request it yourself from Atomik. We've printed and included the extra info with each shipment for our customers.
RCTO is offline Find More Posts by RCTO
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:50 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTO View Post
I own one and also sell them, among other things. When they came out, I took one to use for a demo vehicle. It runs fine, it looks cool, and I have not had any trouble with it! I have not made any modifications.

The original set of instructions that came with these things did not include information about charging the battery and was missing some instructions about the radio. I'd make sure the seller provides you with the supplemental info if you are getting this as a gift for someone, or you could request it yourself from Atomik. We've printed and included the extra info with each shipment for our customers.
I got finally one the other day. It is a cool little truck and runs really nice so far. I have tested her on gravel, grass, concrete and asphalt. On gravel the ground clearance is very little which made me think of finding a 12mm hex adapter and use a bit bigger wheels. Is there any such adapter (3.87mm D) that you know of?
I know it is made to be low but my mod bug is already killing me.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:19 PM
Jody
Cincinnati
Joined Nov 2010
63 Posts
Looking for an adapter...
RCTO is offline Find More Posts by RCTO
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:57 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011