Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Why do Walkera helis have bind problems?

Hello! I have two Walkera Ladybird quads and one SuperFP heli, with Devo 10 and 7e transmitters. All have the latest firmware, but the same problem, like:

Turn on the 7E, right model selected, not fixed ID, then plug in Super FP battery. Red light goes solid as if bound, but then reverts to slow blink, no bind.

Walkera's answer is: "Pls kindly try to set another Super FP setting in the Model Name item again." In other words, delete the model and recreate it. The workaround works, but it's a kludge to delete some setting not visible in the menus that's gotten confused.

This happens a LOT, probably 50% of the time or more with any model and transmitter. Fixed ID doesn't help.

Anybody know what's going on? I'd try the Deviation load if it supported the Devo 10 & 7e transmitters.

Thanks.

Dan
magorian is offline Find More Posts by magorian
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
I usually plug in the battery first of the heli or quad before turning on the transmitter. The heli must be left stationary on the ground. The binding rate approaches 100% this way and I don't use fixed ID.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Odd, Walkera tells you specifically the opposite: transmitter on first, then heli, then heli off first. However, I have definitely tried it that way a number of times without noticing a better bind rate.

My question is, what in the model data in the trnsmitter has gotten corrupted that has to be flushed and rebuilt?
magorian is offline Find More Posts by magorian
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Is the throttle trim all the way down?
What is the throttle value on the display? Have you tried calibrate your sticks?

It can take false stick value (stick + trim) as some command, so be sure it is at zero...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Nov 05, 2012, 01:05 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,828 Posts
All my Walkrea birds bound to my Devo 7 with ease. Inital bind hook up flight battery then turn on TX. Throddle in lowest position. After bound I turn on TX first then hook up flight pack. If this is wrong please tell that to my six birds who think and act like they are bound > ha.....ha....> Binding do not move bird and make sure its level.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:06 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,159 Posts
If you power on your TX first, you must plug the battery in the heli in the first 10 seconds or so. Better yet, use Fixed ID, instant bind, anywhere, anytime.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Aug 2010
225 Posts
if you connect the battery first, then turn on the radio , there will be no problem.
myrcmodel is offline Find More Posts by myrcmodel