HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:39 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Suggestion
Rule clarification for group attacks

I was given a point automatically for using the term "knuckle draggers", without specifying any particular group of individuals. In my opinion, the term is synonymous with "moonbat", "wingnut", and any one of many being used in LTUP to describe some generalized group of individuals, but no RCGroups users in particular. The difference is that "knuckle draggers" doesn't refer to any political group in particular.

My question is how that term can be seen as a group attack, when it doesn't specify any group of RCGroups users in particular? I see terms like this being used on a daily basis to refer to general groups of people, but none specifically, and they don't seem to get reported, and if they do, they certainly aren't being warned. So, in the context of my statement, how could it be seen as an attack against any group of RCGroups users in particular?

Also, why am I no longer allowed to edit posts without getting a point?

Quote:
The post contains an attack against the intelligence, character, or appearance of a group of users.
Original Post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=22604031
Post content:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE
Who - Clint ?

Edited for the knuckle draggers.

The warned post is currently hidden from other users to give you a chance to edit it. Once you edit your post it will be visible to other users again and all record of this rule violation will be removed from your account.
Otherwise, your infraction will stay in your account until it ages for a certain number of days. If you accumulate a large number of points your account may be temporarily suspended.

For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:44 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,341 Posts
You could appeal that.
After reading the warned post it does appear that you feel the users reading your posts are "knuckle draggers". That would be considered a group attack.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:02 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
You could appeal that.
After reading the warned post it does appear that you feel the users reading your posts are "knuckle draggers". That would be considered a group attack.
This is what you've said about group attacks in the past:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
I can move this to appeals but the group attack rule only applies when a user is talking about a specific group of users on RCGroups. This thread is like many others in LTUP and is not specifically directed at anyone on RCG.
Again, which specific group of users on RCGroups does this term target? Because I certainly didn't intend on targeting anyone or any group of RCGroups users in particular.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:11 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,341 Posts
You state:
Quote:
Edited for the knuckle draggers.
That be an attack directed at users reading your post.
If you don't think that is a group attack then I will create an appeal for you.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:44 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
You state:

That be an attack directed at users reading your post.
If you don't think that is a group attack then I will create an appeal for you.
If that's a group attack, then in my mind every such "attack" in every post can be construed as attacking the readers of every post. In other words, is everyone reading a post considered a specific group? To me that definition seems an overgeneralization for a rule which seems to be tailored for identifiable groups. Can you see my confusion?

I don't really care about an appeal. I just want clarification as to what truely constitutes a specific group, and group attack, because from my experience, it seems like the rule isn't being applied consistently.

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by thunder1; Sep 04, 2012 at 02:50 PM.