HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:32 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
RG, I was wondering how you would get your Beast down safely w/o the other Beast ripping it to shreds.

Then, you and I developed the same strategy at the same time! Fly it far away, with Fido in hot pursuit, then bring it in at top speed to land at your feet so you could pick it up before it was devoured.

Well played!

Well, plan A was to simply get the dog tired... This obviously backfired (Who care about the energizer bunny, that dog should have been hired!).

So, plan B was exactly as you said. In fact, if you notice carefully, I looked down very quickly a few seconds before the final dash, to see where I would land. Then, I went for it, but wow, was that dog still following it. Glad I landed close!

@Myponyrock: You may want to try the "Night at the Museum" movie trick... A bone attached to a remote controlled 4X4... Worked for that T-Rex so, should work for your huskie...

Now, back to the regular Spitfire channel.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Well, plan A was to simply get the dog tired... This obviously backfired (Who care about the energizer bunny, that dog should have been hired!).

So, plan B was exactly as you said. In fact, if you notice carefully, I looked down very quickly a few seconds before the final dash, to see where I would land. Then, I went for it, but wow, was that dog still following it. Glad I landed close!

@Myponyrock: You may want to try the "Night at the Museum" movie trick... A bone attached to a remote controlled 4X4... Worked for that T-Rex so, should work for your huskie...

Now, back to the regular Spitfire channel.
Sorry for OT but RG that video was great! Can't believe the stamina on that little guy, you didn't have a LOT of extra time to pick that one up! LOL

Anyhow, waiting (impatiently) for the LHW here in Edmonton to get the Spitfire in. Looks like later this week or early next .... fingers crossed.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:06 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,486 Posts
So can this brick use an external esc like ar6400?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:55 AM
Erich Parkmann
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2012
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Better latching to you, than to your airplane! Time to show my Beast vs the Beast video again! (for the one or two guys who may not have seen it yet!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53pEYSW68Y
Least your dog takes interest in your plane, when I fly my night vapor in the house my dog treats it as if it's some kind of firefly from hell. Must be his bad experience with "Uncle Maui" the old blue and gold macaw we had when he was a pup. Beautiful field for flying you got there and good exercise for your dog!
ArticWolf is offline Find More Posts by ArticWolf
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:19 AM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Only change from stock was to remove the landing gear. Rates were 100% - 70%, 30% expo on ailerons. No trim needed right out of the box. Wind 5-10mph with gusts. The only editing on the video was to zoom in sections, audio is the 5-6 guys that showed up. Sorry for the language at times. bears "poop" in the woods, geese "poop" on our field.

I like this plane a lot. Didn't see a lot of difference between the stock battery and the MA 190s but I didn't run the plane to LVC. I got 4+ minutes on the MA 190s and the voltage after still read 3.79v
Jim, How does it fly with cray paper? Winter is coming!

BD
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:49 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
Jim, How does it fly with cray paper? Winter is coming!

BD
just 3 flights on it at the moment and most of it was chatting with everyone so I didn't really get to "wring it out". Handles inverted well and good control response, stock, right out of the box. Didn't try knife edge due to the distractions. I think it would fly fine in Tolland but I won't due to the wire. I might try it in Auburn. Still need to chat with Peter. Very subtle stall and good slow speed handling, even in the wind. Hope to give it a try again tomorrow along with my Radian Pro maiden. "Grandpa Daycare" is probably going to keep me from getting to Tolland very much now. Everyone here is busy Wednesdays and so I need to get my granddaughter to preschool 12-3 so it's tough heading down for maybe an hour in between then.
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
Has anyone looked at the ailerons? They seem to me that when your turning right or left that the aileron that's on top is not as high as the aileron on the opposite wing that's on the bottom, there is more on the downward side than topside. Causing the plane to kinda yaw the opposite way. I find I need to put in some more rudder in to make a turn. I guess you just need to fly more rudder than usual. Also how do you find the power,it seems to me that it's not a good as the mustang plane motors as when you try a loop from horizontal it stalls out. Comparing it to the T-28 and P-51 performance it's just a tad on the slow side and not as maneuverable as them. But still good to fly. Just a whole lot different in it's character
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
Has anyone looked at the ailerons? They seem to me that when your turning right or left that the aileron that's on top is not as high as the aileron on the opposite wing that's on the bottom, there is more on the downward side than topside. Causing the plane to kinda yaw the opposite way. I find I need to put in some more rudder in to make a turn. I guess you just need to fly more rudder than usual. Also how do you find the power,it seems to me that it's not a good as the mustang plane motors as when you try a loop from horizontal it stalls out. Comparing it to the T-28 and P-51 performance it's just a tad on the slow side and not as maneuverable as them. But still good to fly. Just a whole lot different in it's character
I noticed this also and that the rudder and elevator need some authority, I run them at 95% high and low rate, just bump aileron back to 75% on low rate but I have not found need to use low rate.
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,255 Posts
Would the Blade Nano CPx motor work in this plane?
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
BL55, the battery for the nano and the spit are the same.

NEWBEFLYER, having more down then up is a common trait with ailerons that use a bellcranck.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Would the Blade Nano CPx motor work in this plane?
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
BL55, the battery for the nano and the spit are the same.

hello....
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER View Post
There is quite a difference in weight that would explain the difference you are seeing. The Spitfire is the heaviest of the single engine 1S planes
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
hello....
Sorry!! Thought you meant battery, sorry, i have trouble with reading.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:53 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
I noticed this also and that the rudder and elevator need some authority, I run them at 95% high and low rate, just bump aileron back to 75% on low rate but I have not found need to use low rate.
Tim
Good and I thought I was seeing things, I like your advice and will try it out. You're right about the heaviest of all 1s planes. I was also thinking of adding some rudder in the aileron mix to adjust to it that way something like 10-15% rudder in with ailerons ..would that be to much or about right?
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
plane is always going to the left...

Hi all,

last weekend I had the maiden flight with my UMX spitfire (got it from a local dealer, although it seems to be unavailable everywhere else in Germany...)

My spitfire always turns to the left, and the right aileron is hanging a bit.
Has anyone a good tip how to adjust mechanically the aierons to a central position?

Many thanks in advance!
mump is offline Find More Posts by mump