Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:21 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
431 Posts
Scallopking, just like I guessed, Bill fixed this issue for us. He found out that Google Earth made some change in the way the software reads the coordinates from external sources. He says, Google Earth wants no spaces between Lat./Lon. coordinates right now. He went a head and released alpha version to address this issue and sent me the link to upgrade. I tried and it is working just like it used to The changes should be available soon...

So it has nothing to do with virus/malware and such...

What got me is that how come you and I are the only ones having this issue

Wherre are the other guys using eagletree and google earth?
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:58 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, the updated software is here:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...lpha/setup.exe
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2011, 08:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
I just read the thread guys, I will download the fix and give it a try later tonight. I will let you know how I make out. I'm going to try my new Radian Pro that I picked up yesterday. The weather here doday is great sunny, wind is calm and +8 deagrees Celsius. Not that bad in Nova Scotia for 1st day of December.
Thanks guys.

Brian

Expect the worst. You'll never be disappointed.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Old Dec 01, 2011, 08:48 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,510 Posts
FWIW, and somewhat unrelated, but maybe not.... I took a picture with my cell phone and uploaded to a server with GPS coordinates... It thought I was in Denmark when I was really in SouthWestern PA.
Here are the coordinates when I took a pic at the same location earlier.
http://maps.google.com/?ll=40.460056...0056,-80.39674

I wrote it off as some sort of data corruption.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,126 Posts
I have just found this problem while trying to view previously saved kml files in Google Earth. They were fine a week or two ago, but now GE takes me to somewhere near Australia!

Have downloaded the software update, loaded an old FDR file and re-saved it for Google Earth - it works fine.

My question is, what can I do about all my existing kml files that don't work any more? - I don't have corresponding FDR files for most of these to allow me to re-save in the correct format. Is there any way of opening and editing so GE will accept them again?

Malcolm
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,126 Posts
Found a way to fix my old kml files now:- Open with notepad, copy lat / long details into Excel, find and replace blank spaces with nothing (i.e. removes the space), paste the result back into the notepad document and re-save.

- It works, but would be grateful if someone has a more elegant solution!

Malcolm
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:47 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
431 Posts
Hey Highviz, I asked Bill the same question last week and he told me about the manual editting with notepad if the FDR file isn't avilable anymore.
I don't think there is another way.
Some computer genius might type up a program for this to be done automatically I imagine. And it would come really handy if there are a few hundred coordinates in the kml file. Luckily I don't hany any kml file that I cannot handle
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
I finally got to try the fix, and it works great! Thanks for all the help guys.

Brian.

I can love my Eagle Tree System again.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jul 2006
1 Posts
RealTime GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Bill, would my datalogger V3(new2-2012) fwv5.71, PC dash board v10.04incorporate lastest fix.
I am not able in see on my "Win 7 Pro 64 bit Asus P6X58-E Pro 3.2gHz Core i7 960
24GB ram,GTX 570 1MB ram GPU" the correct location of my GPS. Puts the Gps in Africa.
Please Help!
Kweaver is offline Find More Posts by Kweaver
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:45 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweaver View Post
Hi Bill, would my datalogger V3(new2-2012) fwv5.71, PC dash board v10.04incorporate lastest fix.
I am not able in see on my "Win 7 Pro 64 bit Asus P6X58-E Pro 3.2gHz Core i7 960
24GB ram,GTX 570 1MB ram GPU" the correct location of my GPS. Puts the Gps in Africa.
Please Help!
If you start at the top of this page with Post #16 you will find the solution. Works great on my junkyard clunkers.

Good Luck,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Last edited by camship; Mar 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
kml files without spaces & FDR 10.28

Billpa,

thank you for the fix; I confirm that with FDR v10.28 (alpha), the live mode does register *out of Africa* [or away from *nearby in the Southern pond*], and places me hapless RPV back in Canada in Google Earth 6.2.1.6014 (beta). Note links provided for convenience [one stop shop for fix].

Although now I have a weird problem that it always auto-zooms to the same size in GE. If the parameter in the live kml file FlyToView is set to zero instead, this does not occur, but of course you need to navigate to it.

Not impressed that GE can't parse spaces, that's programming 101 and making parsing code that is resilient. Mind you, if there is a published interface checkout document [ICD], it's in the interest of coders/OEMs to find it and follow it - is there such a beast specifically for GE? Again, kml format is NOT a GE construct, rather a Keyhole inc source - they should have an ICD?!

Cheers
Andre Germain is offline Find More Posts by Andre Germain
Last edited by Andre Germain; Apr 08, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Mar 2004
175 Posts
This one corrected the positioning issue but google earth 6 keep zooming in automatically and does not have the altitude setting options
shadowless is offline Find More Posts by shadowless
Old May 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Billpa,
When will this patch be applied to the release version?

Cheers
Ross
roscoaus is offline Find More Posts by roscoaus
Old May 16, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Ross,

We should have the present version posted for beta, and then release, very soon. Sorry for the delay on this.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2011
509 Posts
I was experiencing this same issue and resolved it with the alpha build.
seojeff is online now Find More Posts by seojeff
RCG Plus Member