HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:57 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
There are two different fish eye lenses commonly sold on eBay and DX, probably more... lol I've got a "W-67" and "FE-12". Get the FE-12 if you get one, the other one blurs the image around the edges a lot! The FE-12 works well on the #11 though.

By the way, I got nearly 40 minutes with the battery replaced in my camera, it's all good to go for a while longer now.
W-67 is wide-macro lens, while FE-12 is fish eye....
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:04 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joespeeder View Post
Hey Guys,

I played with the cams this past weekend. It's not RC but I bet you enjoy it....

I sent this link to friends that I usually bore with my RC videos so I'll just copy my email note here for you guys rather than retype it.

------

Hey Guys,

For those of you that have suffered through my endless airplane videos
here's something a little different. I took the $50 Keyfob Cam and
mounted it on some sports cars this weekend. I only have the footage
from my Caterham (Lotus) Super Seven uploaded. This is the raw footage
with no editing. This was a test of the cam and mount so these are hot
laps but not over the top hot laps. I follow a good friend for a while
to get some car to car footage then pick it up a bit to get some video
in open air.

I'm on street tires and you can tell by the high pitch sound of them.
Later on in the week I'll up load video from some 911's we took turning
1:24's and1:26's. That video is from a low angle so you feel like the
video was sped up but it's not.

This was just a relaxed set of hot laps enjoying the Seven, the day, and
keeping up with some GT3's till they hit the front straight where they
went bye bye.

To give you some references on the main straight when the silver Lotus
goes by I'm going about 110mph. The Seven does about 123mph on that
straight but I wasn't pushing it. At the jump we crest it about 90mph,
land the car, then turn, I'm in 3rd gear most of the track except the
sharp corner after the jump(5B) which is down to 2nd , back to 3rd after the
toilet bowl, and top that out on the back straight. If I'm pushing I
grab fourth both before the jump and on the back straight. At the
hairpin after the back straight it's 2nd gear, then work up to 5th
before the start finish stand. Foot flat till turn one. Brake and down shift from 5th to 3rd for turn one and repeat.....

I was just really enjoying the Seven and not pushing to that limit. Lots of
opportunity to capture more video later as I now have a mount that works.

For those of you that haven't seen anything like this before you will
see my speed build as I get heat into my tires and after I pass the red
911(993).

All in all it's a cool video from a $50 HD Cam !!

Be sure to watch it in HD. Set the volume to 1/4 for the best sound.

Joe

------

The cam was behind my windscreen.

I'll add a pic of the car to this post tomorrow. I'm at the wrong computer to do that now. So check back if you're interested.

Joe
Joe,

Yes, what an amazing little camera. The lighting was perfect. Nice laps at Grattan. I used to run my GT1 Camaro there in the 1990's. The track looks like it needs repaving. You were cruising the track with that Seven and leisurely driving the line. Thanks for the video.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:45 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,142 Posts
Thank guys.
Is this the genuine article?
http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-DV-LENS-Video...item2311cf1312

Sounds like these people are good to deal with from reports here

Kev
Berkie is online now Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:26 AM
Thompson, Ohio
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
Just received mine from seller eletoponline off Ebay. Only took 8 days from time of ordering from China to Ohio which I was very pleased with. I shot a test video and have not done any firmware updates. The time and date stamp did not appear on the test video.

Anyways I also bought a SDHC card reader thinking it was better to plug that in the USB port rather than the camera all the time for future video downloads and formatting but guess I would caution others that the 4gig PNY micro SDHC card is difficult to switch back and forth between the camera and card reader. (At least on mine)..

Have to take a thin bladed knife to gently wiggle the card out of the camera slot until I can get a small pair of pliers to pull it out all the way. Over time I guess this can possibly damage the slot. So from now on going to to everything with camera connected to USB rather than switching card to the reader but camera video output seems great so far.....
rmcclure440 is offline Find More Posts by rmcclure440
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Hi guys, can you help me?

I just got my 808 #11 Jumbo, but I have some dirt, or bubbles in my picture.

This are always present when I record or take a picture. Here is what I am talking about:

As you can see there are this bubbles in the top left corner, on the top centre and on the bottom left corner...

I've already upgraded the firmware to firmware 2 but the problem remained...
AndreObi is offline Find More Posts by AndreObi
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:17 AM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
A card reader is cheap and so anyone that does not have any then he should buy one.
I like this reader http://cgi.ebay.com/16G-USB-2-0-Micr...item53e52667e8 cause is small, needs no adapter, and once the card is inserted then you can`t accidentally remove it, unlike to some other that the card is exposed more, especially when you grab the reader to unplug it from the USB port.

It is not the fastest reader available, I have one that is faster, but it is not slow.
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Jun 28, 2011, 09:33 AM
AMA #903699
USA, VA, Alexandria
Joined Mar 2008
924 Posts
Hat cam!

I did some experimenting with the cam velcro'd to the underside of my hat. I used QuickTime to flip the final file 180. Looks like I need to adjust my cap just a bit so the angle is a little better for looking out the windscreen.

After a 1.3 hour flight, I returned with three clips on the card. Two at 1GB each for 20 min. each, and a third that lasted about 2 minutes. That third clip must have been when the battery quit?

Here's the take-off run. Still trying to figure out the best solution for the cockpit audio.

http://gallery.me.com/tonyfdesign/100068
Tony_Fletcher is offline Find More Posts by Tony_Fletcher
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
The Netherlands, GR, Groningen
Joined Apr 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcclure440 View Post
Have to take a thin bladed knife to gently wiggle the card out of the camera slot until I can get a small pair of pliers to pull it out all the way.
Pushing the card further in with your nail or something tiny doesn't work? Inside the slot there should be a spring which pushes the card out to be able to remove it without any tools necessary.
grun is offline Find More Posts by grun
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:53 AM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
W-67 is wide-macro lens, while FE-12 is fish eye....
The "wide-macro" lens can be separated to use just the macro portion of it, or using the complete lens gives you a wide angle much like the FE-12. The part I think matters most is that the W-67 is a 13mm lens and the FE-12 is 15mm, so it's got a little more room to look through without hitting the blurry edges...
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:11 AM
Thompson, Ohio
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grun View Post
Pushing the card further in with your nail or something tiny doesn't work? Inside the slot there should be a spring which pushes the card out to be able to remove it without any tools necessary.
Ha HA! Yep that works, Thanks! Was afraid to try that at first because I thought it was pretty fragile and didn't want to get it stuck to far inside...
rmcclure440 is offline Find More Posts by rmcclure440
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcclure440 View Post
Ha HA! Yep that works, Thanks! Was afraid to try that at first because I thought it was pretty fragile and didn't want to get it stuck to far inside...
In this way work almost all notebook card-reader.
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:09 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Thank guys.
Is this the genuine article?
http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-DV-LENS-Video...item2311cf1312

Sounds like these people are good to deal with from reports here

Kev
All eight confirmed eBay sellers of this camera are listed in Post #2. Just like the thread title says... "Answers to most questions in post #1-#3"
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:17 PM
Davison, MI
Joined Sep 2007
1,204 Posts
Hey Guys,

I updated my last post with a couple of pics of the Seven.

Here's a copy of the email I just sent out to my non-RC friends with the next upload from last weekend... It details the cams, this thread, and the video.

-------------------------

Hey Guys,

As you would expect I had a couple of questions come back after my last note.

First...... Yup, I have made people puke from riding in the Seven.lol Although it doesn't take the Seven for me to have that effect. I've done it in the 911 also and seen it done lots. I had it happen at Waterford when taking a female passenger around for hot laps. Those laps were not gentle like those I posted here.... They should have been. She got quiet on me all of a sudden and motioned to go in.... Oops. Usually it takes a whole date for me to get that reaction !!!

As far as the cam goes I used an HD Keyfob Cam #11. It's an HD video cam that will take stills also. The entire cam is built into the case of a Keyfob. VERY small and light. So you can stick that sucker most anywhere. I use these cams to record video on RC planes and took them with me last weekend to stick them on some cars for giggles.

I have a few of the first version of this cam. They come with a time/date stamp showing on the video and you can update the cam to remove that. They have also had an exposure adjustment update. In a car it's not as big a deal. But if you mount them to an RC airplane then the exposure update is really nice.

You order the cam off of Ebay and as far as I can tell all the seller's are the same person. They are very nice and have treated everyone I've read about well. If you get a bad cam they swap it out and I've seen people screw something up and they help them. Everything you need to know and more is listed in this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362692

DO NOT read all 300+ pages...... Everything you need to know is in the first 5 posts. READ and follow the specific links in those posts. They keep them updated and they tell you EVERYTHING yo need to know. If you want to look at what the guys are chatting about in that forum then click on last in the page selection link. They increase the thread by about 2 pages a day so it moves fast. The first 5 posts are always updated and will tell you all they have figured out.

Here's the Big Fig Newton (The Tricky Part), you can ask the Ebay seller to update your cam when you order it to remove the Time/Date Stamp and load the most current exposure software. They have that bit loaded all ready. I bought my cams around Christmas so I had to do it as I got early versions. When you buy it write them a note requesting the time/date be removed and to load the current exposure software.

It takes about a week and a half for the cams to go from China to Michigan. If they get help up in customs then... well it's customs...

They record about 40min of video and a 4GB card will match that recording time. You can get longer and yes you can modify the cam with bigger batteries if you want. Look to the thread my young padiwans if yo want to do that.

Here was where I got mine.

http://stores.ebay.com/hxelepro360-D...d=244359069059

The key is to get a #11 sometimes it says #11 sometimes not. But it always says 1280x720 H.264 if it dosen't say H.264 then it's NOT an HD cam.

They have different packages with odd accessories. I got the 39.95 package.

Here's were you get the cheep SD card that are fast enough to record HD in this cam.

http://www.datamemorysystems.com/_me..._DM55_0977.asp

I have 5 or 6 of these cards and thy have worked in everything I tried. Cheap as chips....

Now if your wondering how to use an Apple formatted movie file (H.264) on your windows PC or how to load these files to a DVD you can play at how to bore all your non-track friends with those great moves.

You want to download a program called "Freemake". Google it... What am I your mother??? Install it use it. It's free and REALLY simple and clean. I have a new wiz bang iMac and I still find myself using the PC and Freemake to burn DVDs as it's sooooo easy.

Ok.... latest news.

Here's a new video of a good friend doing 1:24's at Grattan. These laps ARE NOT sped up. They are taken from the nose of a race preped 911 He also went out with a video car in front of him to get car to car shots. Unlike the Seven they were running hot laps. If you thought you needed a bucket last time then you will again. Only bigger.

We played with where to mount the cam and ended up getting some camera shake but it's not too bad. The driver holds a track record at Grattan, races and was flown to Dubai recently by one of the major tire company's to do tire testing.

So sit back and enjoy the ride.

Here's the link.

Grattan 2011 Faster (14 min 30 sec)

Joe
Joespeeder is offline Find More Posts by Joespeeder
Last edited by Joespeeder; Jun 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Hi guys
Have just seen this http://www.youtube.com/user/georgitu.../1/cWaEoMAf1Z8 and it blew my socks off (still looking for them!)
Just love the way it captures the full form of the Fox. I'm sure it is a camera angle that would appeal to my non RC friends as well, because it shows how the video was created.

Have searched here, but having trouble finding an up to date mention of a vendor.

Can anyone help?

Kev
Did you look in the FAQs in Post #3! There's a link to lenses and vendors there.

I don't use these lenses, so only posted info that was available at the time. If this info does not represent a consensus, or better lenses/vendors are now known, if someone wants so summarize the current info in a post, I'll re-link the FAQ to that post.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 28, 2011, 04:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Hi guys. Here is a small sample of those "air bubbles" that appear in my footage.

Untitled (0 min 14 sec)

This is really annoying and I don't know how to solve this.

You can see the bubbles in the top right corner, in the top center and on the bottom left...

I just receive this today and its the Jumbo 808 #11. I bought it from the seller eletoponline365.
AndreObi is offline Find More Posts by AndreObi
Closed Thread