Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by Aerominded
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldrydes2 View Post
(Ha...Isn't this a hoot!)
It is indeed! Just when you have the boat dialed in, conditions change and adjustments need to be made again to keep the boat at peak. learning what to do and how much to do it is what makes this a (fun) journey.

Keep up the great work! looking forward to sailing with you next time!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by Rssailor
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
1,000 Posts
Well starting to work on #39 that I acquired earlier this year. Filled in the holes for the keel that the previous owner drilled which were not even close to center. Gotta redo the repairs he made to the keel structure as well due to the fact that the glass he layed on was not prepped and peeled off plus he failed to create a flat surface there to. Onward, hope to have this boat sailing next season kicking butt. Ryan
Rssailor is offline Find More Posts by Rssailor
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:40 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,000 Posts
I filled the hollow keel support structure with epoxy on 39 over the last day or so. Now it is time to sand and smooth the outside where I drilled the holes. Gotta sand a bit on the inside as well.
Got a laser level today, so I can get the darn keel drilled correctly. Will report in after the keel is mounted maybe next week. Ryan
Old Jan 20, 2015, 01:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,000 Posts
Guys, I am going to try and order some new masts based on my spare mast for 47. If you want a mast, let me know. Going to approach the same company that made our wheeler masts. Contact me for more details. Ryan
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Apr 2012
761 Posts
Infinity 54 racing….SFMYC, Spreckels Lake

The attached picture is my pick-of-the-litter for screen-saver. Looking forward to 2015 racing season while hoping the fleet grows and a manufacturer comes on the scene.
wyldrydes2 is online now Find More Posts by wyldrydes2
Old Mar 01, 2015, 12:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
761 Posts
beer-can Saturday!

Infinity 54s, Star boats took to Spreckels Lake following a thorough club house cleaning by a very large crew of dedicated club members. Nice work, team.

Today marked the first time #77 was in the water in 2015. 2.5 hours of racing tested this skippers new knee brace. The brace survived, thankfully. Praises go out to Ryan for his excellent work on #77. Other newbies got some expert help also. So, four I-54s had at it in light winds racing tight and highly contested beer-can races that lasted for two and a half hours. It's hard to imagine anyone having more fun than today's gang of skippers.

The Infinity 54 regulars will probably sail this Thursday. If you can get free, join in the fun. Remember-If it has sails and floats, bring it. CU there. JT
Last edited by wyldrydes2; Mar 01, 2015 at 12:22 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2015, 09:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
761 Posts
Thursday irregulars call to race (tictr)

If its Thursday, its Inifnity 54s on Spreckels Lake, GGPark, SF!
This is ultra-unofficial (beer-can) racing at its best.
No fees,
no forms,
no food and
no fooling.

See you lakeside 1-3 with the boathouse opening about noontime.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:59 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,000 Posts
First regular season race at SFMYC this Saturday. Who is coming, Bernard? Ryan
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:25 AM
Joined Apr 2012
761 Posts
Regatta#1

#77 will race.
Last edited by wyldrydes2; May 22, 2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old May 22, 2015, 12:42 AM
Joined Apr 2012
761 Posts
Infinity 54 and RX class race

RX regatta R3 report
Six RX and I-54s made up the RX R3 fleet May 21st.

Overcast skies and 6mph-10mph winds offered excellent racing on Spreckels Lake. The fleet completed 6 heats with 6 boats in just under 2 hours. The six heats were run on the “standard” course of weather, reaching and leeward marks for lap one followed by a second lap from weather, leeward marks, ending with the long beat leeward to weather mark (finish line).

Several heats were close but the second was a squeaker between #77-Jerry Turney and #80-Jim Hensel. Jason Spiller seeing the nail biter unfolding, stationed at the finish line so he could make the call as the two Infinity 54s crossed the almost 1” apart.

RX3 Race results found #81, Jason Spiller-1st, #77, Jerry Turney-2nd, #80, Jim Hensel-3rd, #11, Jim Harrold-4th, Ed Schoenstein-5th and boat 6 skipper unknown.

Races included a freezone-triangle (black flag zone) from the startline to the 1st mark, 30 seconds before the start gun. This is a practice we witnessed at the IOM World Championships at Foster City.

The "black flag" zone keeps the course side of the start line clear at the beginning of the race and reduces collisions from a boat "dipping" over the start line at the beginning of the race.

One boat (Ed Schoenstein) had radio Rx issues but otherwise the fleet remained intact throughout 6 heats.
Last edited by wyldrydes2; May 23, 2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old May 22, 2015, 01:23 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,000 Posts
Congrats Jerry, hard work pays off. Ryan