New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming is caused by Mankinds burning of fossil fuels?
Yes, it is caused by fossil fuels 235 34.61%
Not sure 79 11.63%
No it is not cause by fossil fuels 365 53.76%
Voters: 679. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 02, 2015, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by robogizzard
Joined May 2014
20 Posts
For the true believer there is a solution. Take control of your own carbon output. Simply place the carbon filter over your head and you can quickly reduce your carbon output.

robogizzard is offline Find More Posts by robogizzard
Old Yesterday, 12:45 AM
Find More Posts by robert harik
Joined Dec 2003
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I've only recently moved back to Minneapolis from Fairbanks.

If the enviromaniacs could see the sorts of vehicles that roam Alaska, they'd probably finally give up the crusade and go sit in the corner and cry. My friends and I like to sit out by the fire on weekends and listen to the twin-turbo'ed monster trucks drag-racing away from stoplights all over the city. We joke about how they burn more gas getting from zero to 35mph than it takes for my daily driver to go to Walmart and back, but it's really not much of an exaggeration.

Meanwhile, there's an old Bimmer in the driveway getting a straight pipe welded up under its slammed frame, a five-mile-per-gallon Dodge Neon SRT4 that belches clouds of black smoke at idle, and an Eagle Talon TSi (also mine) that burns so much fuel its AFR gauge constantly resets itself... Oh, and we mustn't forget the Land Rover you can hear coming from a mile and a half away. It's got a 4.6L V8 with no exhaust system at all.

Being part of the problem is much more fun than wringing hands over a solution
Ha ha when I lived up there we used to burn our old waste oil in our wood stoves...smelled great outside! Its so pristine up there you dont even notice , it probably all blows over to Russia! Global warming HELL YEHH !!!
robert harik is online now Find More Posts by robert harik
Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by robert harik
Joined Dec 2003
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogizzard View Post
For the true believer there is a solution. Take control of your own carbon output. Simply place the carbon filter over your head and you can quickly reduce your carbon output.

Unfortunately the libs would only provide those for the "mud people"( you and me). They need to stay alive for the good of the planet.
robert harik is online now Find More Posts by robert harik