Old Feb 02, 2016, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by Kenta78
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
90 Posts
Help!
Graupner Cherry 2 SE..

Hi!
I bought a Cherry2 made by Graupner from a secondhand market.
The original owner passed away some time ago. The model was never built ,and was some what complete, but some small things are missing.

First off, the wings are held together with some "snap-togehter"thingies" in plastic. On this there shall be 2 rings made of (feder-stahl) ..pianowire I guess.
I can´t find the dimensions of these two rings, and what to replace with.
Would an o-ring do the trick?

And second, the wingjoiner i.e an 8x220mm solidsteel ,was not present either, would it be better to replace with a carbonfiber tube in the same dimensions?

So.. if you have built this very model back in the days, all help would be appreciated.
//Kenneth
Kenta78 is offline Find More Posts by Kenta78
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2016, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by AirBornOne
I'm All Thumbs
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
2,035 Posts
What..nobody likes your Cherry 2 Ken?
Would not go w/ CF tube spar,solid carbon maybe but better original equip.
Otherwise a stainless tube filled w/CF tow epoxied in is a very good replacement if not too heavy.
A picture of the plastic 'thingys' would help.IIRC those rings are used as springs to make a clamping effect.If true & there is room,a thicker dia. 'O'-ring could be substituted.
Heck, show some pictures of the kit to.
Skies
Jay
P.S. No I need to go look over my stash for my Cherry (I think I bought it used & broken).
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by VicT
USA, FL, Safety Harbor
Joined Sep 2000
232 Posts
I have the Cherry 2 . Here is a pic of the wing retainer parts.
VicT is offline Find More Posts by VicT
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by VicT
USA, FL, Safety Harbor
Joined Sep 2000
232 Posts
The ring is made from .5 mm thick wire. The diameter of the ring unstretched is 10.58 mm. Maybe a guitar string wrapped around a round object with a 5 mm diameter could substitute. Then the 5 mm diameter ring could be stretched open to match the tension that you want.
VicT is offline Find More Posts by VicT