SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2015, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
♘ Heli's Lives Matter ♘
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,255 Posts
At the very least for a performance upgrade, CnC swash it for sure. I use the stock head parts on the rest but there's too much slop in the stock plastic swash which causes the unintended pops, also dampen the whole head (every ball link) with O'rings and finally a solid carbon main shaft.

The BL is a squirrely micro to begin with and after a few flights the stock swash upper center bearing can just get loose, maybe not all but some for sure. You can tell by moving the 2 ball links that are not attached to the blade grips side to side, they should not move or if the do move, very little. The other thing could be dirty servo pads, which will cause these linear servos to jump and skip a beat every so often, if really bad or corroded. Some slop is good in some places and not in others but with the FBL controllers they tend to like everything tight, except for blade tension on the micros.

Nice heli's there Robo, looks like you got 'em where you want them now.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2015, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by Jasen40
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,666 Posts
I cracked alloy head the other week, and used a Hisky HCP100 head,spindle,and grips to get to get my heli back in the air. I am using the stock BL blades also. Funny thing is, it flys better or as good. Now that the head replacement is here, I have not reinstalled the Blade parts yet.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40