New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2015, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by mgutzmer
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Jul 2011
79 Posts
I contacted Jtek RC this afternoon and explained my situation. He says the slim line Pitts style muffler is about 1/2 inch shorter header. And that is from bottom to top, which is where I need to be. He offered to modify the muffler if it had not been used. I guess the gas, oil commentates the metal a lot. But I figured that it would be cheaper to just buy the slim line wrap around muffler. So I will order that sometime soon and not worry about this anymore.
mgutzmer is online now Find More Posts by mgutzmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2015, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2011
79 Posts
Wow, that spell checker really missed the boat. That is" contaminates". I need to start prof reading my post.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,735 Posts
That is why machine shops won't weld gas tanks from cars. I had a antque sports car wit a leaky tank and I had hell gettting it fix. I found an old welder who laminated sheetmetal over the outside and welded it on. It work and was still working when I sold the car 8 years later!
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Old Today, 01:46 PM
Joined Jul 2011
79 Posts
So for now I have put the fuse aside and turned my attention to finishing up the wings.
I added one wing tip to the right wing. I was scratching my head to try and figure out the perfect way since the wing tip airfoil did not perfectly match the current wing tip. So it is pretty much centered. As long as the front and rear is where it is supposed to be, everything else will work it's self out with some sanding and filling.
I should have the two halves joined this week.