SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:43 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
Sold out. When will it be available again?
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:12 PM
United States, WI, Mukwonago
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
FPVModel; Can you please take a minute to update the pre odered folks as to the status of the orders. The web site now shows that they are sold out. What does that mean for us?
soulpatchfilms is offline Find More Posts by soulpatchfilms
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:14 PM
United Kingdom, Edingale
Joined Aug 2005
99 Posts
I believe it means they are not taking any more orders until they service those of us who pre-ordered
Darrens is offline Find More Posts by Darrens
Old Mar 16, 2013, 08:23 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Mar 2013
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Sold out. When will it be available again?
It has never been available. The difference now is they are not accepting money.
Leandro Barancel is offline Find More Posts by Leandro Barancel
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:02 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatchfilms View Post
FPVModel; Can you please take a minute to update the pre odered folks as to the status of the orders. The web site now shows that they are sold out. What does that mean for us?
Us beta testers just received our units this week. Most of us just started working on them yesterday. Rest assured that you will get what you paid for.

I think the main thing that is holding back the release is the case for the gimbal controller.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfpvmodel View Post
If any of you have questions please contact me at jason@fpvmodel.com. I will try to get to you in a timely order. Thanks.
Jason, it sure seems that you are the "RC Man of the Year" with all the interest in your new,
innovative direct-drive gimbal! I too, have missed your Pre-order special and am crazy over this fact. I do have
a suggestion for you to consider, regarding the next batch of YUN-1's that you are working on and have sent you
an email just like every other Quad-Addicted Hobbyist on the planet! Thank you for your posts and making
yourself available to all of us MRC guys!
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Us beta testers just received our units this week. Most of us just started working on them yesterday. Rest assured that you will get what you paid for.

I think the main thing that is holding back the release is the case for the gimbal controller.
I'm not asking for my gimbal to be delivered, but just to be kept up to date in a more timely manner. They have been very slow to answer questions here, on the website, or through email.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:32 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatchfilms View Post
I'm not asking for my gimbal to be delivered, but just to be kept up to date in a more timely manner. They have been very slow to answer questions here, on the website, or through email.
I understand.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Yes guys,

Darrens is right. We are still waiting on the casing for the controller. As to the RC Man of the Year comment, this is a product that has taken a long time to design and many people were involved. Max had most everything to do with the sourcing and design. Please keep in mind this is a FPV Model design to offer a complete kit, not mine, thank you though.
fpvmodels is online now Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:59 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
Yes guys,

Darrens is right. We are still waiting on the casing for the controller. As to the RC Man of the Year comment, this is a product that has taken a long time to design and many people were involved. Max had most everything to do with the sourcing and design. Please keep in mind this is a FPV Model design to offer a complete kit, not mine, thank you though.
I often wonder if companies ever invest time in doing a simple communications course. So many on these forums have absolutely no idea about effective communication and how easy it is to do.

It would be a simple thing to tell your customers via this forum that there is a delay for a component but to also add a rough idea of a timeline.
Your reply to those who have preordered that there is a delay because of a wait for a casing really doesnt provide much information.
A rough guide to how long a delay it will be, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month roughly might help others who are thinking of buying your product have a little more confidence that you wont be like other companies who take months and months to deliver.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
A little communication can go a long way.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:18 AM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,543 Posts
Great job Darren and Ken on your videos and maidens.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
Last edited by Daloaf; Mar 17, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:59 AM
Randburg
Joined Jul 2008
346 Posts
As one of the beta testers, I can tell you that we are giving feedback at the moment, most improvements have already been made, I have also paid money 2 months ago.

I also can't wait for the production version and I am sure once they are happy with quality, shipping will start.
Ryan Thomas is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Thomas
Old Mar 17, 2013, 02:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
To be frankly, at the beginning we thought we can make something for ourself and someone like us love to fly, plus we have a lots resources: many contacts of different factory, financial background, talent designer and passion.
when we start this project, we just relased how many thing we need to teke care and we do enjoy it: the color of the logo, the soldering of the PCB standard, the new products QC standard, the banners, the expo we going to attend, special cable we use, etc.
I get the same question even from my girlfriend everyday--when! but for me the biggest question are--what, what kinds of product we want to deliver to the person who trust FPV MODEL, we are not promise we will deliver the perfect item to the world but we always try to, meanwhile we want to provide the best customer service and good communication, Jason also trying his best to make sure of this part, at last, thank you for your interest of FPV MODEL ---Max
fpvmodels is online now Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Feb 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
So here's my first video with the YUN-I. Like I said earlier, it was very blustery and the soft dampers on the mount allowed the gimbal to shake just a little, but this is no reflection on the gimbal, simply a result of the damper rubber being a little soft for the conditions today.

Camera is a Contour HD set on 30fps 1080HD. This camera is also quite heavy, but the YUN-I carries it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiXh1h1nBQ
Darren's,
Before you reply me you are satisfied with your YUN I gimbal, first watch this video:

SimpleBGC test in wind (3 min 48 sec)

That is the same Alexmos gimbal in a very windy weather..Just that gimbal variant was brought to perfection like before mass production one should always retest 1000 times, recheck and again polish prototype up and again remake it

And your video really discloses YUN-I has significant shortcomings like vibration that I have been asking FPV Model from the very beginning who never replied me regarding vibro, and doesn't matter if it was gusty weather- nobody wants to wait for an ideal weather with no wind.
FPV Model, you had better to make YUN I better functioning ==>Enemy #1 for all gimbals is vibro, jello.
Borrc is offline Find More Posts by Borrc
Last edited by Borrc; Mar 17, 2013 at 07:22 AM.