HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2009, 07:31 AM
FLY NAVY!
Clinton, TN
Joined Oct 2003
688 Posts
Help!
My Esky 2.4 Xmtr now just slow flashes

I've owned and flown this 2.4 Ghz V3 just fine for about 9 months; went to fly a couple of days ago and no go. The xmtr light is solid, then slow flashes continuously, and there's cont. flashing red/green on the 4/1. I've checked all the obvious stuff, like charge status of the batts, connections, etc.; all OK.
I'm bummed out.
Any hints??
Thanks

Duke
Seawolf 24 is offline Find More Posts by Seawolf 24
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2009, 11:12 AM
How does it work? How did it?
Karlsruhe, Germany
Joined Mar 2009
1,155 Posts
Did you try to re-bind it?

Red-green flashing means the 3-in-1 doesn't get any signal form the Rx. Either the Rx got disconnected from 3-in-1 (these are two separate boards), or it doesn't hear the Tx (broken antenna, lost binding), or there's some problem with the power (if you by accident shorted power pins on the Rx, where the servos go, chances are, you fried a track on the 3-in-1, I've had it happen once.
mareklew is offline Find More Posts by mareklew
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:55 PM
FLY NAVY!
Clinton, TN
Joined Oct 2003
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareklew
Did you try to re-bind it?

Red-green flashing means the 3-in-1 doesn't get any signal form the Rx. Either the Rx got disconnected from 3-in-1 (these are two separate boards), or it doesn't hear the Tx (broken antenna, lost binding), or there's some problem with the power (if you by accident shorted power pins on the Rx, where the servos go, chances are, you fried a track on the 3-in-1, I've had it happen once.
What is the rebind procedure? I'm curious only, though, because I don't think that's the problem.

This Xmtr is the one that came with my V3 lama. It now slow flashes regardless if the power is on to the 4/1. The xmtr power on sequence is normally (and was untiil 2 days ago):

Power on=rapid flashing of single red led on the transmitter for a few seconds(as 2.4 initializes, I guess), then solid, not flashing. This functionality has nothing to do with the Rx. I've never seen this xmtr led slow flash before; I think it's trying to tell me something, but I don't know what.

Thanks for the reply.

Duke
Seawolf 24 is offline Find More Posts by Seawolf 24
Last edited by Seawolf 24; Apr 19, 2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: sp
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:25 AM
All flight is 3D.
various parts of NY
Joined Jan 2009
941 Posts
Hmmm... I've never had this problem with the transmitter. I'd be interested in what the fix is, if any, for this problem.
Lamedico is offline Find More Posts by Lamedico