Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
WOW!

For the past few weeks I have read, studied, and learned from all 612 pages of this thread... I am glad I did not give up! Through every click I have been drawn into the company due to a level of customer service that is rare, but Junsi is willing to provide. I have gone from curious to confused to knowing just enough information to be dangerous- lol. I have gone from liking to disliking to loving the iCharger line... all the while being astounded from the knowledge of a few long-term key posters.
These posters (you know who you are) deserve my gratitude -no- our gratitude. Thank you for making this a charger line that packs more features and key elements into a very affordable package! And thank you Junsi for listening!

I will be purchasing a 208B from either Progressive RC or EPBuddies in the future, knowing that I will be taken care of not only by spectacular state side customer service, but by the manufacturer themselves.

Thanks again!
~J

PS-
I hope to be an asset to this RC community as time goes on... I am surprised it has taken me this long to find such a large, friendly forum!
Welcome and please let us know if you ever have any questions or need help with anything. I'm sure your day will come soon enough to pass the knowledge on .

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
Repubblica Italiana, Piemonte, Torino
Joined Sep 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Be very careful when connecting packs for series charging that the series connections on the main leads match the series connections on the balance leads.
I quote your advice!!!
Last week I was charging 2 packs in parallel...The charge ended. I was disassembling the packs from charger when I answer to a call... I forgot to disassemble the parallel balancer cable and when I link the batteries in series...............A lot of white smoke!!!!
Fortunately, they are LiFe batteries, so no damage occur!!!!
mikiko is offline Find More Posts by mikiko
Last edited by mikiko; Jan 12, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:56 PM
Chesapeake, Va
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
I recently purchase an icharger 208b and I was trying to load the Logview software on my Windows 7 PC. It would not work just like the string. So I download the file at the link here and now it will not install either. Different error message. This time its path not found. What can I do to get it to install?

Thanks

RH53

Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your praise about our products.

3.13f is the latest version, you can download it from the first page of this thread.

Regenerative discharge is on the page11 of the User's Manual.

Logview can work on Windows 7. But there is a problem about the old installer. So pls check this link of the new installer :http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/LogView.rar

As for the calibration, you can look at the fourth step of the calibration procedure, "need-to-be calibrated" voltage screen, you choose the "balance port voltage", and then hold <Dec>< Inc ><Start> three buttons for 3 seconds at the same time to calibration state.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Junsi
RotorHeadH53 is offline Find More Posts by RotorHeadH53
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:29 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
You can also try downloading from our site here.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
208b : balance port cell high volt termination in lipo balance

I'm about to send that 208b back as I can't get it to stop overcharging my batteries (well.. at least it stops with the error :balance port cell high volt termination ).
I 'upgraded' to FW 3.14, all other settings are factory defaults, specifically LIPo - termination 4.2v. So why does it keep pushing 2 to 3 Amp @ 17+ volt (charging 4S) even when all my cells are at 4.2 already ?
pascalfd is offline Find More Posts by pascalfd
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:11 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,817 Posts
Have you tried using the LiIon (4.1V ) setting?
Have you tried a non balanced charge?

Have you checked the Default Setting?

What have you tried?
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Checked default settings over and over (specifically Lipo termination 4.2v). Tried balance (fast-normal-slow) and non balance charge. 3S or 4S. Charging at 1C (4.5 to 5 Amp) Balance tab always connected obviously.
Tried upgraded firmware too.

It didn't seem right to me to have to set the max volt lower than normal (I eventually want to be able to fully charge batteries) so I didn't change that setting nor tried the LiIon setting.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:39 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalfd View Post
It didn't seem right to me to have to set the max volt lower than normal (I eventually want to be able to fully charge batteries) so I didn't change that setting nor tried the LiIon setting.
Do you have the posibilty to post a .lov file (Logview) for a charging session?

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:40 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,817 Posts
A different question then. What is the highest cell voltage displayed during the charge?

FYI It is normal for the charger to show a higher total voltage on the main power leads than tyhe actual cells voltage.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:14 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,204 Posts
Quote:
I'm about to send that 208b back as I can't get it to stop overcharging my batteries (well.. at least it stops with the error :balance port cell high volt termination ).
I 'upgraded' to FW 3.14, all other settings are factory defaults, specifically LIPo - termination 4.2v. So why does it keep pushing 2 to 3 Amp @ 17+ volt (charging 4S) even when all my cells are at 4.2 already ?
Unless your charger is giving you the 'high volt termination' error when performing a balance charge, it sounds to me like your charger is working perfectly and doing exactly what it should be doing.

Quote:
So why does it keep pushing 2 to 3 Amp @ 17+ volt (charging 4S) even when all my cells are at 4.2 already ?
Charger voltage output on iChargers will always exceed 4.2volts X cell count when at end of CC mode due to voltage drop in main charge lead (assuming default settings). The charger will provide charge current at the set value until the highest cell hits 4.2 volts (CC mode), and then begin to taper to 1/10th the initial set value (CV mode), and then terminate.

My suggestion - perform a balance charge and allow the charger to charge to termination and then measure the voltage of each cell within your pack. If you feel anxious about this, you can monitor the charge to ensure that no individual cells exceed 4.2 volts and manually terminate if this occurs.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Do you have the posibilty to post a .lov file (Logview) for a charging session?

Fred
So I first balance charged 3 different batteries with logview recording and they all finished perfectly !
Only difference I can think of is that this time, since I could monitor the cells on the laptop, I never touched the charger :
Up until then, when the total displayed voltage was higher than normal pack voltage (ex : above 16.8 when charging 4S) I was regularly checking the individual cell voltage on the charger by pressing the 'inc' button, then back to general info with the 'Start' button.
So I tried logview recording again, this time checking individual voltage on the charger as described here above (started doing that around the 12min mark in the log) and bingo !, the charger kept hovering around 2A untill the 'High voltage termination' with cells hitting 4.28v...

See file below (rename extension to .lov instead of .txt - couldn't upload unless file has some common extension apparently)
Last edited by pascalfd; Jan 12, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2010
713 Posts
Have you tried with different battery pack ? it sure does shoot upto 4.28v per cell. there seems to be a problem with the termination. Is your Lipo termination set to 4.2v?

This is really wierd.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Same results regardless of the pack. And yes, lipo termination is at 4.2v

Could somebody else test my theory that checking the cells voltage towards the end of the charge somehow messes up the termination check ?

Works fine if I leave the charger alone as in the attached log which ended with 'done' message and the cells at 4.2. Same battery as log in previous post and no change to charger settings.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:21 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Could somebody else test my theory that checking the cells voltage towards the end of the charge somehow messes up the termination check ?
I check the cell voltage all the time as the charge nears completion (my impatience and that whole "a watched pot will never boil" thing). I've never experienced the problem on my 280B that you are seeing.
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:43 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,337 Posts
Quote:
Never seen this, but I'm not on fw. 3.14. Did you see this prior to the upgrade?

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen