HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Looking for RCM N1-M Plans

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to find a set of plans for building an N1M model which were published in the Aug '76 RCM for a possible future project. Since the RCM plan service has, apparently, gone into the toilet, I'm hoping to find a set online.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

John
jtplenge is offline Find More Posts by jtplenge
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 07:08 PM
Herk
Virginia USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,647 Posts
Looks like you got the help you needed on the scale forum:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5802
HerkS is offline Find More Posts by HerkS
Old Oct 02, 2014, 09:26 PM
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
Hi Herk,

Thanks for the link, the plans are happily residing on my hard drive. These are actually the N9M, but it's very similar to the N1M. Also, I found someone on here with a set of N1M plans he was willing to sell, so I'll soon have both!

Thanks again.

John
Old Oct 03, 2014, 07:52 AM
Herk
Virginia USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,647 Posts
Interesting aircraft with its adjustable sweep and dihedral.
If you build it, you will probably find it to be a much better handling model if it has active drag rudders on the outer panel. There is quite a bit of info about those on this forum.
Good luck with it.

A friend of mine built that model with the drooped outer panels back in the 70s. He flew it as a glider using winch and hi-start to launch it. It flew well, but the handling qualities were not very good with just elevons.
HerkS is offline Find More Posts by HerkS
Old Oct 03, 2014, 02:31 PM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,692 Posts
It's not a N-1M but I've got plans for a Horten VII (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1546211) that I'm willing to make available.

Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Oct 04, 2014, 08:34 PM
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
Hi folks, Thanks for the replies. To Herk - thanks for the info on the model, the designer didn't mention any handling problems so I appreciate the heads-up. When I'm ready to build, I'll look into the rudders, I'm also thinking about using a gyro stabilizer, they're pretty inexpensive and cheap insurance against seeing all my work get wrecked.

Brian, I would be interested in your plans, but there's no rush. This is all a ways in the future for me

Thanks again.

John