Any info about this little fella?

http://www.tmart.com/Wltoys-F959-Sky...e_p275452.html
FranciscoB is offline Find More Posts by FranciscoB
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2014, 02:30 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
126 Posts
It has been listed on Banggood for some time as "coming soon". A customer has asked if it is compatible with the Turnigy 9X transmitter (as the WLToys F929 and F939 are), but a Banggood representative has had to reply (September 9) that they don't know and that they don't even have a sample themselves.

On paper it looks as though it would be an excellent beginner plane.
1auriec is offline Find More Posts by 1auriec
Old Sep 24, 2014, 05:41 AM
Portugal, Lisbon
Joined Oct 2006
40 Posts
Wouldnt a glider like this be cheaper to produce than the V911? I wonder it WLToys is worried about demand. From my perspective, a 3Ch beginner glider at V911 price would be amazing.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 07:12 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jan 2013
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranciscoB View Post
Wouldnt a glider like this be cheaper to produce than the V911? I wonder it WLToys is worried about demand. From my perspective, a 3Ch beginner glider at V911 price would be amazing.
+1

I can't really understand the pricing either. I really like my WLToys heli's and quads and they always represented great value for money. I'm less sure with this.
ChickenDrumstick is offline Find More Posts by ChickenDrumstick
Old Sep 24, 2014, 09:03 AM
Portugal, Lisbon
Joined Oct 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenDrumstick View Post
+1

I can't really understand the pricing either. I really like my WLToys heli's and quads and they always represented great value for money. I'm less sure with this.
They could even re-use the receiver+transmitter, I think. Maybe a new motor+gearbox+prop would have to be studied or just use the one from their F939. Otherwise it's just a matter of extruding a few thousand foam fuselages.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:26 PM
Micro and Beyond!
Joined Jul 2014
252 Posts
I've been tempted to try one their planes. As stated, the helis they make are very good flying birds (I've flown v911 and v913). As for pricing--my guess is that they mass produce their helis with confidence they will sell well while their planes don't seem to have the same market impact (yet) which means they produce fewer at a higher cost per unit.

Not to mention that it's a new plane!

BlukeSky is offline Find More Posts by BlukeSky
Old Oct 12, 2014, 02:24 PM
RC Otaku
Kawasaki, Japan
Joined Oct 2010
33 Posts
Banggood just changed its status to "Buy It Now" and " Add Cart". I just ordered one with LEDs. In the pics, they have the wings on backward, pretty funny. Keep in mind, this plane is a 3 channel, no ailerons, so I may be adding them after a little while. In the pics, you can see the indentations where the ailerons should be. Wish they had just gone ahead and made it a 4 channel. Plan to make it my last plane of the day, just after sunset.
Robachan is offline Find More Posts by Robachan
Old Oct 13, 2014, 04:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robachan View Post
Banggood just changed its status to "Buy It Now" and " Add Cart". I just ordered one with LEDs. In the pics, they have the wings on backward, pretty funny. Keep in mind, this plane is a 3 channel, no ailerons, so I may be adding them after a little while. In the pics, you can see the indentations where the ailerons should be. Wish they had just gone ahead and made it a 4 channel. Plan to make it my last plane of the day, just after sunset.
The description says the transmitter is a 4 channel one, but it doesn't specify whether the receiver in the plane is also four channel. If it is, you may be able to plug an aileron servo into it, but if not, you would have to replace the receiver with a four channel one to allow you to have ailerons, and this would almost certainly mean having to use a different transmitter.
1auriec is offline Find More Posts by 1auriec