SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 02:37 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,260 Posts
rushing my build, almost finish just need to solder some connector and antenna for my uhf

using typicalmaster 3d design for landing gear

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1414568201039.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 202.0 KB
Description:

Description:

hkpilot mini

Description:
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
1,047 Posts
Landing gear is a good idea. My tail skid already broke after I slowed down too much and stalled on landing only a couple feet off the ground.
ccsj is offline Find More Posts by ccsj
Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsj View Post
Landing gear is a good idea. My tail skid already broke after I slowed down too much and stalled on landing only a couple feet off the ground.
using typicalmaster design, saw his plane with the gear couldn't resist to print one set for myself , really glad I choose to buy a 3d printer rather than a cnc Machine :d
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,335 Posts
You still need a tail skid with the landing gear. It prevents the plane from falling back on the prop. Just make sure you kill the motor when you're about to touch down.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
You still need a tail skid with the landing gear. It prevents the plane from falling back on the prop. Just make sure you kill the motor when you're about to touch down.
Im using stock plywood skid for now, FYI the stl files not scaled correctly when I open them, I have to scale it up using sketchup , for now waiting for my pitot tube loaned it to a friend time to get it back!
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
Im using stock plywood skid for now, FYI the stl files not scaled correctly when I open them, I have to scale it up using sketchup
Odd I thought I had fixed all those with the new STL's when I uploaded them. It was a issue with CAD putting everything in CM and I had to change it to MM. IF you want PM me and I can provide you with the original IPT files. As long as you're giving credit back I'm fine with modifications.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by typicalaimster; Yesterday at 01:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
United States, CT, Meriden
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
Finally finished my mini talon and had my maiden flight. I'm using the tiger 1250 motor, 4000mah 4s, MFD AP, and Graupner 9x5 prop. I also have an 8x5 Graupner but didn't get a chance to try it and I really liked the power of the 9x5. Video im linking is off the very first flight..I was only meaning to fly LOS and get it trimmed out, but the talon didn't even need one click of trim!!! After about 2 minutes I put the transmitter down and ran over and got my goggles and flew FPV for the remainder of the flight. Recording is from my DOM V2 built in DVR.
Mini Talon Maiden Flight (6 min 53 sec)

Mini Talon Maiden Flight (6 min 53 sec)
salmans21 is online now Find More Posts by salmans21
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
United States, CT, Meriden
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
I love the way the mini talon flies and would now like to add a pan tilt system to use with my Trinity head tracker. I have a CXN v2 goprohero3/fpv cam pan tilt with the GWS 360 degree servo. This one:
CXN - GoPro Hero3 + FPV Camera Pan & Tilt (Version 2) (0 min 46 sec)

I'm a little worried that the unit with that fill size GWS servo would be too heavy for the Mini Talon. I also have a fatshark pan/tilt/roll setup that I have modified to allow a mobius camera next to the flight camera. The mobius setup is much lighter but the CXN seems more sturdy. Which should I go with? Name: uploadfromtaptalk1414633244085.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 161.0 KB
Description:
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1414633244085.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 161.0 KB
Description:
salmans21 is online now Find More Posts by salmans21
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,200 Posts
I thought of that too for the full size might be too heavy, but the mobius pan and tilt will work great.
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Odd I thought I had fixed all those with the new STL's when I uploaded them. It was a issue with CAD putting everything in CM and I had to change it to MM. IF you want PM me and I can provide you with the original IPT files. As long as you're giving credit back I'm fine with modifications.
I'm fine after scaled it with sketchup your design is good enough without any modification
RCG Plus Member