SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 02, 2013, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
New Product
New Taigen RC Tanks Available

Hi Fellow Tankers, Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now selling 1/16 Taigen RC Tanks. All our Taigen tanks include metal gears, IR battle unit, 2.4GHz radio and painted figure. Some spare parts are now available and more will be added later on.

Taigen Tanks: http://www.artistichobbies.com/products.php?cat=123
Taigen Parts: http://www.artistichobbies.com/products.php?cat=124

Thanks, Gene
M1A2 Commander is offline Find More Posts by M1A2 Commander
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2013, 09:15 PM
Imperious Bloviator
United States, GA, Milner
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Glad to see a US dealer for Taigen tanks. I have accumulated three now, it's nice to see someone with parts relatively nearby.

Gene, what's the procedure for binding a TX to different tanks?

Phil
Lesmambo is offline Find More Posts by Lesmambo
Old Apr 03, 2013, 10:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Hi Phil, To bind a new Taigen 2.4ghZ radio to a new receiver. Do the following: There are 2 switches on top of the radio, Flick the right stick forward. Turn on power to radio. The red light on the radio will start to flash. When the red light stops flashing, flick the right switch back to the original position. binding process should be complete.

We will at some point be stocking Taigen 2.4GHz radioís and at that time will find out if these new radioís come with a receiver because all Taigen radios are pre-binded to the receiver at the factory.

We will also be stocking main boards in the very near future along with spare parts.

Hope the above answers your question Phil.

Gene
Old Apr 03, 2013, 11:15 AM
Imperious Bloviator
United States, GA, Milner
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Works like a charm, thanks!
Lesmambo is offline Find More Posts by Lesmambo
Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Just an update fellow tankers, Just received a new shipment of Taigen parts including the Tiger I metal lower chassis and 2.4GHz radio package.

http://www.artistichobbies.com/products.php?cat=124

In June, we will be receiving additional parts that will include the Panzer III metal lower chassis, tracks, suspension, sprocket and idler wheels and additional upgrade parts for the Panzer IV. The Panzer III IR tank should also be available in June.

Gene
ArtisticHobbies.com
Old Jul 18, 2013, 06:52 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,066 Posts
Taigen IR Compatibility

Is the Taigen IR battle system compatible with the Heng Long IR battle system? Do both systems use the RX-18 board?

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post
Is the Taigen IR battle system compatible with the Heng Long IR battle system? Do both systems use the RX-18 board?

Mfpage
Sorry for the very late reply Mfpage, didnít know we had a question that needed to be answered. No, the Taigen IRís arenít compatible with the Heng Long IR battle units regardless of what board you have in your tank.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 01:15 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
80 Posts
mfpage no the Taigen system is NOT compatible with HL or Tamiya or any other system. It has all the sounds and quirks of the RX18 though.
As for the board it is an RX18 with a fan and a built in 2.4ghz reciever, basicly same as the new mato system and I think the Leopard is coming out with it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post

Mfpage
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Jul 28, 2013, 01:20 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
80 Posts
M1A2 you are wrong here bud. If I put a different board in a Taigen it can and generally does become compatible with a Heng Long or a Tamiya. Why folks would want Heng Long compatibility is beyond me but there are several products that can do this
Mako system and the Clark TK series do this well.
For Tamiya compatibility you have Mako, DBC, SLU, El Mod and Clark TK boards as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A2 Commander View Post
Sorry for the very late reply Mfpage, didnít know we had a question that needed to be answered. No, the Taigen IRís arenít compatible with the Heng Long IR battle units regardless of what board you have in your tank.
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:05 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Thanks for the update on availability Gene.

I looked them over and they ALL look great!

Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Jul 29, 2013, 01:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDude View Post
M1A2 you are wrong here bud. If I put a different board in a Taigen it can and generally does become compatible with a Heng Long or a Tamiya. Why folks would want Heng Long compatibility is beyond me but there are several products that can do this
Mako system and the Clark TK series do this well.
For Tamiya compatibility you have Mako, DBC, SLU, El Mod and Clark TK boards as well.
Hi FreakyDude, my answer to you was referring to any stock board that comes with your Taigen or Heng Long tank are not Tamiya compatible. But yes you can add an additional boards, like Mako2 to make it Tamiya compatible if you want but that costs extra money. I thought your question was talking about any new tank straight out of the box. Hope this clears up anything I said above.

Has anybody tested the new Mako2 boards in the Taigen tanks yet?? Thinking of ordering one for testing.

Gene