SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Joined Aug 2013
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd3 View Post
I moved the 3 wire to the ail. channel on the K2 and the Rx...No change... I guess I'm getting a little frustrated. I did notice that the light inside the Rx IS on but I keep seeing no signal on all channels when I try the Rx test on the board. I also tried to unplug 3 of positive leads on the ESC's like the Hob.Kng. manual mentioned ...again no results.
Do you happen to live in the SF Bay Area? If you do I'd be happy to meet up with you and see if I could help.
Raider1284 is offline Find More Posts by Raider1284
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Joined Nov 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider1284 View Post
Do you happen to live in the SF Bay Area? If you do I'd be happy to meet up with you and see if I could help.
Thanks for the offer, Raider...I actually live on the opposite coast...BTW: my problem is solved...my own stupid mistake. Gramps suggested I try to hook my 3 wire power lead to the aileron channel. So I did. I must have accidentally plugged it in backwards on the board..When I reversed it everything came to life. I re-watched Armattan's videos and it's all set up and ready to test fly.

Thanks to everyone who responded and tried to help and my apologies for wasting your time with my own dumb mistake.

Happy flying!
Bill
billd3 is offline Find More Posts by billd3
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Joined Aug 2013
544 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the offer, Raider...I actually live on the opposite coast...BTW: my problem is solved...my own stupid mistake. Gramps suggested I try to hook my 3 wire power lead to the aileron channel. So I did. I must have accidentally plugged it in backwards on the board..When I reversed it everything came to life. I re-watched Armattan's videos and it's all set up and ready to test fly.

Thanks to everyone who responded and tried to help and my apologies for wasting your time with my own dumb mistake.

Happy flying!
Bill
glad to hear it! Be very careful when plugging in powered cables. Im sure we have all made this mistake, but if you wire up or plug it in these cables incorrectly it can fry everything. I completely fried a GPS module, when wiring I wired it up incorrectly.

The problem is, is that it can be really hard to find reliable wiring info for these components. Sounds like the new "standard" now is to put the power cable in the middle, so even if you wire it up backwards you cant fry the components.

happy flying!
Raider1284 is offline Find More Posts by Raider1284
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
United States, MO, Urbana
Joined Mar 2013
54 Posts
New Build Help Update

Galvo - Thanks DR/Expo not available for throttle on DX6i.
Raider1284 - Thanks KK2 board does not have a pressure sensor / barometer.

My flying progress; reset all values to those of Armattans, I was trying Steveis.

Not flying great but flying! In a hover with SL ON a change in any attitude will induce a visible wobble, I don't think it is there while flying. Throttle better but still quite sensitive. Already snapped two skids; but no props YET!

I'm not sure what to change. I was thinking of reducing PGain from 40 to 35 as a starting point. Do I also reduce it in Self-Level Settings.

Thanks, Carl
Carl334 is online now Find More Posts by Carl334
Last edited by Carl334; Yesterday at 06:59 PM. Reason: sm changes
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
Aero Mechanical Inspector
Canada, NS, Dartmouth
Joined Aug 2014
111 Posts
CARL 334
Not flying great but flying! In a hover with SL on any change in attitude will induce a visible wobble, I don't think it is there while flying. Throttle better but still quite sensitive.
I'm not sure what to change. I was thinking of reducing PGain from 40 to 35 as a starting point. Do I also reduce it in Self-Level Settings.

Thanks, Carl[/QUOTE]

Hello there.
Did you follow the instruction to the letter in the recommendation of the Man
Himself MR. Armattan in post 12901 and if so did you
BALANCE your props properly - Blade & Hub to reduce your wobble like effect.
The blade balance is of vital importance for smooth flight !!
Your wobble is constant , you don't notice it at low RPM / Low throttle but is more
evident as you increase the speed - High Speed Wobble , just like on your car tires man but instead its blade now !!
Try this out and keep me posted of your progress , interested in the outcome .
Thanks !
Gramps
oldcougar50 is online now Find More Posts by oldcougar50
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Aero Mechanical Inspector
Canada, NS, Dartmouth
Joined Aug 2014
111 Posts
Quote:

Happy flying!
Bill
BILL.
Glad to hear that you got it sorted out man !! sometimes just the little details
eludes us the most !!
Happy Flying my friend.
Gramps
oldcougar50 is online now Find More Posts by oldcougar50
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2014
39 Posts
ok switching over to naza m lite with gps. anyone running this fc on a 355 fpv? if so what should i put my gains at? default settings are pitch 100%, roll 100%, yaw 100%, vertical 50%. and attitude gains are pitch 40%, and roll 40%. Going to be using sunnysky 980kv motors with armattan 30amp esc and 1038 dji cf props

also in the mounting tab do i need to enter amounts for x,y,z, according to alishanmao video he leaves it at 0.

Thanks

ARMATTAN4LIFE !!!!

PS. if anyone has pictures of there 355 fpv with all the hardware mounted that would be great also(where to fit gps module, led module, etc etc)
ares2180 is online now Find More Posts by ares2180
Old Today, 02:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares2180 View Post
ok switching over to naza m lite with gps. anyone running this fc on a 355 fpv? if so what should i put my gains at? default settings are pitch 100%, roll 100%, yaw 100%, vertical 50%. and attitude gains are pitch 40%, and roll 40%. Going to be using sunnysky 980kv motors with armattan 30amp esc and 1038 dji cf props

also in the mounting tab do i need to enter amounts for x,y,z, according to alishanmao video he leaves it at 0.

Thanks

ARMATTAN4LIFE !!!!

PS. if anyone has pictures of there 355 fpv with all the hardware mounted that would be great also(where to fit gps module, led module, etc etc)
Yup, there are a couple of us. Our PIDs differ quite widely but here my PIDs centre of gravity and setup can be seen in the video as well as how it flys.

FPV355 (2 min 53 sec)
chris jones is online now Find More Posts by chris jones
Old Today, 03:12 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl334 View Post
Galvo - Thanks DR/Expo not available for throttle on DX6i.
Raider1284 - Thanks KK2 board does not have a pressure sensor / barometer.

My flying progress; reset all values to those of Armattans, I was trying Steveis.

Not flying great but flying! In a hover with SL ON a change in any attitude will induce a visible wobble, I don't think it is there while flying. Throttle better but still quite sensitive. Already snapped two skids; but no props YET!

Thanks, Carl
What do you have for numbers in SL settings? What MPU numbers do you have?

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 07:02 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2014
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris jones View Post
Yup, there are a couple of us. Our PIDs differ quite widely but here my PIDs centre of gravity and setup can be seen in the video as well as how it flys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl5jJ...e_gdata_player
Thanks Chris! I will try those. At least now I have some sort of starting point.

How about x, y, z. Numbers on the mounting tab on software, do I leave them at 0?
ares2180 is online now Find More Posts by ares2180
Last edited by ares2180; Today at 07:09 AM.
Old Today, 07:11 AM
United States, MO, Urbana
Joined Mar 2013
54 Posts
Response to Chris post #12969

I fairly certain that SL is at Gain: 40, limit: 20 and MPU 2000, 16, & 98. I'm going to turn on KK2 now and verify: yes they are as above. I had created a cheat sheet from your original installation of the KK2.
I'm considering placing this quad on a string to alter/check setting but I don't know if that would help.

Thanks for the help. Carl

Looks like Quick Reply is not what I needed.
Carl334 is online now Find More Posts by Carl334
Last edited by Carl334; Today at 07:15 AM. Reason: change