HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:30 PM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,631 Posts
Discussion
Club Trainers

I have been thinking of some ways bring some new blood to the slope and I am always impressed with how the hang gliders can organize and rally in such great numbers. There club meeting last month had over 60 people in attendance. They are preparing for battle to save our access and the North Ridge at point of the mountain. Anything we can do to help this battle is good for all of us who use the point.

One of the thing that popped to mind is that most of the UHPGA members have friends and families that would love to come out and enjoy the flight park together. If they are not able to strap on a paraglider then why not learn how to fly RC. We may find UHGPG members who want to learn for themselves and others will want to share the experience with their whole family.

I know Wid is all over the "Have Glider will Travel", so I wanted to propose this as one of the options this year. We could share with UHGPG presidency and if they like the idea then we can set a date and I think we would get a big turn out. It would be a great way to improve the relationship between our two groups and possibly bring some new flyers to the point.

How many trainer gliders and trainer pilots do we have for this sort of thing?
What do you all think?
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:59 PM
I land when i CFIT!
USA, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2007
877 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. I have a light full house glider that I would let anyone fly, and am willing to be a trainer as well. I would have to do it mostly on Sundays.
flytrip is online now Find More Posts by flytrip
Last edited by flytrip; Feb 16, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:45 PM
Soar Tow 2
West Jordan Utah
Joined Jul 2006
370 Posts
I still have a rudder- elev plane set up for training, Ted and I are both set up with AMA as club trainers, and we can use our AMA #s for training with no problems.
mwgib123 is offline Find More Posts by mwgib123
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:22 AM
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Jul 2011
43 Posts
I don't have any real training planes but I do have at least one transmitter and receiver that we can use.

Matt
Jugdriver is offline Find More Posts by Jugdriver
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:49 PM
Great, kid! Don't get Cocky!
Joined Sep 2006
527 Posts
I offered a Sig Riser last year, and the offer still stands. If the club wants it - it's theirs.

Solo
HahnSolo is offline Find More Posts by HahnSolo