HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:48 PM
1:1 scale is fun!
United States, NJ, Midland Park
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Ah yes, the Wren. Always liked this cute little model and did consider it myself for the buildoff before choosing the Manx Monarch. Bob Woollett's designs are all appealing especially the Wren and it's big brother the Phoenix. Also like the shoulder wing Sprite and the Invicta glider.

For anyone interested here is the December 1948 Aeromodeller construction article for the Wren.

Ray
Thanks for posting the article Ray!
ECBoehm is offline Find More Posts by ECBoehm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Sorry for not replying soone, lost the thread, so to speak.

Cheers for the info, The 1949 Old timer looks doable

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/twin_pusher.html

But I'll have apoke about to see if theres anything else about, ideally that is of a size for the matched pair of balsa prop blanks I have hiddden away, I think they are 8 or 9 inchers. I vaguely fancy trying working with bamboo as well.

Off topic but once the plans arrive i'll be making a Veron Skylark 20"er with the youngest son as he has expressed a wish to join in. He wanted to dive in with a full stick and tissue but I think this will get better results without me doing it all for him.

ATB

Tom
Froglube is offline Find More Posts by Froglube
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:55 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,790 Posts
Good Tom, looking forward to seeing what you select, especially as it looks like being something unusual.

And good for you in setting your son off in the right way - much better for him to attempt something he has a decent chance of finishing and flying, it's a credit to you that he wants to try in these days of video games and RTF mini electric helicopters.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:26 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,790 Posts
RFJ has started his build log for the fascinating Manx Monarch. We now have 25 entries with 17 build logs started, which is very nice.

Just to re-emphasise; there is no closing date for entries, you can enter any time, the only criteria is that, in order to be included in the final poll, the model must be finished and a photo posted prior to the closing date of 30/06/2013. So let's see if we can beat the Britkit's record of 24 finished models
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:26 PM
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
Brit Plan build off- the Wren

I'm about to start so the thread has begun:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post23867803
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:54 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,630 Posts
I think it's great the number of non-UK entries!!!
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:48 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Yes, I'm very pleased with that Colonel, I did worry a bit that the choice of plans might be a bit parochial, so it is nice to see interest from all over.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Feb 2009
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford in the early 1990s, so when it comes to airplanes, and more specifically "aeromodelling", I love all things British!
I still occasionally pour through the 1992 Aeromodeller plans catalog looking for that next project. I communicate with many friends "over there".
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:23 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,790 Posts
Any more entries guys??

Coming up to the end of the first month and we have 25 entries. I'd like to see a few more - thirty would be a nice figure, so this is to remind everyone that there is NO CLOSING DATE for entries.

Join in the fun and get yourself a nice new aeroplane to play with!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:36 AM
Granby, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
952 Posts
Mam'selle electric r/c

Built one of these in 1962, Time for another one.
PeterH is online now Find More Posts by PeterH
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:42 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,790 Posts
Great stuff Peter, your entry posted. Looking forward to following the build log, it is just about the prettiest of all Vic Smeed's designs. I'll post a link to your build thread once you start it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:25 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,790 Posts
Congratulations to Colibriguitars on being the first one to finish a model in this build off, his Doug McHard designed Wee Snifter - and as usual he has made a lovely job of it.

I think it would be fair to say Colibriguitars R/C flying is still in the learning stage, he is managing very well without anyone to teach him, so can all the Britplanners please apply positive thoughts to bring him good luck with the first flight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Sep 2006
321 Posts
Old saying, "If it looks right it is right." Your snifter looks right. Lovely job. All the best with the maiden.
Raf_Bob is offline Find More Posts by Raf_Bob
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:42 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
I think it would be fair to say Colibriguitars R/C flying is still in the learning stage.....
.......and his building skills put the rest of us to shame!!!! I love watching Rodrigo's builds.
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,313 Posts
Thanks a lot for kind words! i just love to build and learn to fly! but with all this help is easy!
colibriguitars is offline Find More Posts by colibriguitars