SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
The SH 6043 seems to fly very nice, I first saw it on the Benma site along with the v929 (I had guessed that this would be the v939, but turned out not).

By the way, your backyard is huge.
The backyard is never big enough
And from the camera and with this little bug flying ... it is looking bigger

I did find a bug of the "bug".

Using full rate, and getting a ghost of wind (a kick wind ... whatever is named when some wind arise suddenly) ... if I fly with the stick in full forward, and the wind kick the back/side of the SH 6043 ... then it can't keep anymore 45deg inclination of the flight ... and it will roll ... without control .... this does not happen with my "bigger" microQuad (170g vs 32g is quite a difference )

Anyhow ... it is a pleasure to fly this microQuad ... and no stress to brake anything in a crash ... while for the bigger Quad, every crash it is at least some broken propeller ...

I just order a couple of Tunigy 35C 1S 260mAh battery ... it should fly better with it.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: If only the TX would be a bit more precise ... it will be a perfect quad ... but .... actually you can fly sort of on-off with the right stick ... and just taking care to calibrate the throttle with the left stick ... but yes ... for learn good the skills on using the sticks ... having some accuracy on the TX would be nice ... anyhow ... for me it was important to have a little TX like the Nine Eagle one ... unluckily it is not as good as the Nine Eagle TX

pps: I did check the range, from two corner of the garden ... around 30 meter distance (maybe a bit more) ... and I was still having full control on the SH 6043 ... it was far enough for have no idea how is flying ... so ... range check is good enough for me
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
I've been enjoying my v929 so that I'm looking into getting a Hoten-X. I don't have a Devo tx so I need to get a RTF. I've seen some good prices for a RTF with Devo 7 at Helipal.com, a RTF with Devo 10 at RC711.com, and finally a RTF with Devo 7E at OOModel.com. The problem is that I have never ordered from any of these sites and I don't want to take a risk with this much money. Does anybody have any experience with any of these sites? Are they reliable? Do they have good customer service? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am mostly tempted by the one at OOModel.com because the Devo 7e looks quite interesting, but is there much of a difference between these three tx's (Devo 7, Devo 7e, Devo10) ? I've been researching this for the last few days since we haven't been having the best flying weather over here and as you can probably tell I'm at a bit of a standstill right now until I can get more feedback so please reply if you've got any advise for me. Thanks in advance.

Gerard.
I've ordered from OOModel before (LadyBird) and I got a great price w/ free shipping. They get the shipment out quickly too. However, that's where quickly ends. Once it's out of their hands, you better be patient, as it can take weeks to get through China Post, customs, etc.

You may be saving money, but you'll be losing hair by pulling it out every time the postman comes and doesn't have your package!
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:54 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiggio View Post
I've ordered from OOModel before (LadyBird) and I got a great price w/ free shipping. They get the shipment out quickly too. However, that's where quickly ends. Once it's out of their hands, you better be patient, as it can take weeks to get through China Post, customs, etc.

You may be saving money, but you'll be losing hair by pulling it out every time the postman comes and doesn't have your package!
Thank you for your input. I am quite used to waiting for items ordered from China. I have ordered many items from Banggood, Deal Extreme, Focalprice, etc, etc. I am hoping that EMS will be quicker as I would like to receive the Hoten-X before the snow starts falling, which often is early in autumn over here in Canada. Anybody else have any input before I decide?

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Feb 2007
536 Posts
Flown my U816 a little each night last 3 nights. Crashed it plenty even on concrete. Pretty tough but unfortunately one black prop has broke. Does anybody know if the ladybird ones fit? Would like to order a couple more sets in U.S.

Seems to fly pretty good, can hold on hover pretty good inside with low rates. Outside tonight was too gusty but it held its own, the flips are tight, but unfortunately just that pre-programmed flip.

I've noticed when starting to fly in a direction it gets a little elevation drop so throttle is needed. Also when yawing left or right continuously it seems to slide off at an angle. Course I was outside in wind, but is that common with all, is right stick correction needed when turning nose left or right continuously?
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:55 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Flown my U816 a little each night last 3 nights. Crashed it plenty even on concrete. Pretty tough but unfortunately one black prop has broke. Does anybody know if the ladybird ones fit? Would like to order a couple more sets in U.S.

Seems to fly pretty good, can hold on hover pretty good inside with low rates. Outside tonight was too gusty but it held its own, the flips are tight, but unfortunately just that pre-programmed flip.

I've noticed when starting to fly in a direction it gets a little elevation drop so throttle is needed. Also when yawing left or right continuously it seems to slide off at an angle. Course I was outside in wind, but is that common with all, is right stick correction needed when turning nose left or right continuously?
I find that to be true with my v929, but I know my blades are not balanced (and one is cracked). Still very flyable, the tilting tendency when yawing is not a big deal as long as it is consistent and predictable.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:04 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
It seems most of these micro quads suffer some sliding on yaw, but during FFF the effect is not as noticeable and when yawing in place my 929 doesn't slide much as long as I keep the rate of yaw low.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Found this in the scratchbuild forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1710948

An $18 diy quad may be possible.

variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:42 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Yes the ladybird props fit the u816. At first glance, they appear that they don't, because unlike the U816, the center is not a hole straight through. The ladybird prop has a faux hole or indention of one at the top. But as you push the prop on the motor shaft, I believe that hole is tapered as it becomes more and more snug. In fact, I haven't experienced any prop fly off or need for glue with the walkera prop and the plastic feels more durable and more bendy.

The only thing is there is a few millimeters of space from the top of the motor to the bottom of the prop unlike an almost flush mount of the props with the u816 version,.....but I've noticed no difference in flight performance, which is still crap imho.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Feb 2007
536 Posts
I'm starting to agree with you. I don't have any other quad but there is something wrong with the U816. On another website somebody commented that the turning/angling control works OK but the throttling part is all over the place. I would tend to agree and if the throttle isn't steady the rest doesn't matter.

So I'm thinking about the Walkera V2 or the only clone I trust at this point is the V929 but don't really want the larger gear driven one.

Did you take pictures of the V929 board on the U816? How did it fit? Maybe I'll order that board and try it with my V911 transmitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
.but I've noticed no difference in flight performance, which is still crap imho.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Unfortunately I fried that board when I decided to cut the jst connectors off the u816 motors and solder them to the v929 board. I apparently used too much flux which bridged areas that I couldn't see until I very closely examined. Just so I could use the u816 canopy....sigh, sad times. However, the flight was night and day between the u816 board and v929 on the u816 body.
Mounting does require some scratch building for the PCB platform.

Last week a guy who lives a couple streets over seen me flying my v929 in my yard. He introduced himself and asked if he could try it for a moment cause he's been interested in the blade MQX and thought that I was flying that till he had a good look at the canopy, lol. I went on to explain that it was a clone of the Mqx and other than programed flips and absence of + flight, it has been reported to fly better ( I don't know that for certain) however, once I told him the price, he was sold.

Anyway, long story short....he had a ladybird and hurried home to get it and brought it back. We swapped and flew for the length of the battery a piece. The ladybird is amazing and precise maneuvers with stable hover in the wind. The micro quad responded to any twitch of the gimbals.... I want one so bad but I don't know if the v2 is anything like what he has. If it isn't, I would be greatly disappointed. So basically, the u816 to me is a failed clone.....not even close.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:43 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
378 Posts
Well I decided to order the Hoten-X RTF with Devo 10 from RC711. I paid extra for EMS shipping. It should get here before first snowfall, God willing.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:33 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Just received the MJX X100 for a somewhat in-depth review...what aspects do you guys want to know most about these quads? I'm thinking of making a chart that could allow us to objectively compare the performance/value/quality of these quadcopters. (Like those found on car reviews)... please let me know what you guys would like to know about this and all subsequent quads! Thanks=]
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:39 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
BTW I don't think I told you guys...that the V939 is officially in production!!!!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:48 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
454 Posts
Is the V939 a Ladybird clone ?
daggad is offline Find More Posts by daggad
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggad View Post
Is the V939 a Ladybird clone ?
Yes, similar like the MJX X100 or U816 or SH 6043.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman