HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:16 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,396 Posts
What's the green stuff that you used to balance the fan?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,779 Posts
All Wemo rotors come balanced from the factory. (that's the green stuff) . I use polymer clay, locked to the housing with tinned epoxy, if needed. (as with Change sun, E-flite. Haoye, ETC>)

Clocking the spinner while running an assembled fan/motor, on the bench (at lows speed) is all that's usually required to achieve the smoothest operation.

The first thing to do when assembling Wemos, (before installing the motor into the housing) is to heat the shaft adaptor. (the bore is slightly undersized). so it will slip on the motor shaft easily. Apply loctite to the set screws and install into the adapter. (mark one of the screw location with a sharpy so you distinguish one from the other). The run the motor with shaft adaptor installed in a vise. If necessary. adjust/ alternate the first screw to be tightened. This will allow you to get the shaft adaptor running silky smooth. If you don't have a dial indicator. test this while adjusting after adjusting the screws, by placing your finger in the adaptor where the rotor will sit. and feeling for the smoothest operation.

Wrap the front of the motor with tape, to well center it in the housing.

Be sure to install the rear "centering ring" that comes with the fan. You may need to open the I.D. a bit to slide it over the installed motor. and into the rear of the housing.

Here's the Evo chart.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Oct 11, 2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added text
Old Oct 11, 2014, 01:20 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Jun 2012
128 Posts
Will the wemo evo rotor fit into the stock habu 2 shroud?

Thanks,
Chris
cedwards72 is online now Find More Posts by cedwards72
Old Oct 11, 2014, 01:48 PM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercollider View Post
Works great. The 9 blade EVO is more efficient than some of the other high count blade fans. My BL15 is 3200kv, and draws 66 amps 1205 watts on 5s installed in the Habu. Sounds great and feels equal to or a little faster than the 5 blade fan. It's not as "wooshy" as a CS 12, but more quiet. Here's a video.

http://youtu.be/5kktZUxewZA
Mine is the 3600kv motor. I think it will be too much for 5 cell operation with the Evo rotor.
whisperdancer is online now Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Oct 11, 2014, 01:56 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwards72 View Post
Will the wemo evo rotor fit into the stock habu 2 shroud?

Thanks,
Chris
Yes it will fit, buuuuut..... The E-flite housing is 1.5mm larger in dia than the Wemo (just measured it for you).

This means there is 0.75mm more tip clearance (per side) than in the Wemo Minfan Pro housing (it's actually a "69mm EDF").
Your going to see tip losses. and my suggestion is not to use it.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Oct 11, 2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Correction: "Wemo" was "E-flite"
Old Oct 11, 2014, 03:16 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Jun 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Yes it will fit, buuuuut..... The E-flite housing is 1.5mm larger in dia than the E-flite (just measured it for you).

This means there is 0.75mm more tip clearance (per side) than in the Wemo Minfan Pro housing (it's actually a "69mm EDF").
Your going to see tip losses. and my suggestion is not to use it.
Thanks Gary!
cedwards72 is online now Find More Posts by cedwards72
Old Oct 11, 2014, 03:32 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,038 Posts
+1 to everything Gary said. I use modified 12v HP server PSU to run my fans on my test stand. You definitely want to clock it to get I running as smooth as you can.

As for the 3600kv motor, not really sure if it will take it. You can try it using a temp gun and measuring amp draw. Start slow and limit WOT on a stand, taking readings at intervals. My guess is it's going to be a "hot" set up. The eflite motors are good, but you never know.
supercollider is offline Find More Posts by supercollider
Old Oct 19, 2014, 01:48 AM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,038 Posts
If anyone is interested, I just put up a 6s edf unit in the classifieds. Drops right into a Habu 2.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2267997
supercollider is offline Find More Posts by supercollider
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:36 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,010 Posts
Side note:

Since I have a V2, I needed something to so with my V1. So I added TV 😃
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Oct 21, 2014, 07:08 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2014
22 Posts
flew her

Stock set up with retracts and flaps on a four cell 3650 45c 65 burst. She flew well not blistering fast but okay. So now I want fast so I have a 80 amp and a 12 blade 70mm changing sun on a five cell. Has anybody ran that set up yet? You know with the stock setup it flies scale is all I can say. but who wants that. I will be at the big jolt event here in so ca this weekend and I will video tape some Habu that will blow your mind!!!
extra300 is offline Find More Posts by extra300
Old Oct 21, 2014, 07:27 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
Stock set up with retracts and flaps on a four cell 3650 45c 65 burst. She flew well not blistering fast but okay. So now I want fast so I have a 80 amp and a 12 blade 70mm changing sun on a five cell. Has anybody ran that set up yet? You know with the stock setup it flies scale is all I can say. but who wants that. I will be at the big jolt event here in so ca this weekend and I will video tape some Habu that will blow your mind!!!
What motor in the 12 blade?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:41 PM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Side note:

Since I have a V2, I needed something to so with my V1. So I added TV 😃
That's cool. Where did you get the tv nozzle for the habu? I hope you do a video and post it on the thread. I would like to see how well it does.
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:14 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2014
22 Posts
I don't know that it is a four to six cell set up so what ever comes with that. Do any of you guys know where to get a good priced 12 blade with a motor 70mm? Please let me know. A buddy of mine has the stinger 90 on six cell with the free wing set up and this thing flies like a thing of beauty. Rips along very good and sounds great. That air frame just flies good any way but when you put that set up in it wow!! But I don't have $399 bucks that shipped and no tax or shipping beautiful jet.
extra300 is offline Find More Posts by extra300