HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:59 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Kind of a shame as I indicated previously I kinda liked the little cuss.

b
Yup, me too. I got hard on him and he took offense, threatening to leave. Well, I didn't want him to leave, so I said, "If you dish it you should be able to take it. And besides, I though we were all having fun with this." To his credit he stuck around and was very nice to me.

I'm sorry they banned him.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
My 130X baldes did not require balancing dynamic or otherwise however easiest way is on the bird. Zero pitch and 100 % throttle. What I do is place a board or such cross ways thru the skids and weigh it down so heli can not move during this. I use heli tracking tape such as is used on 400s and up .Place a piece folded over on the top and bottom of one blade close to the end., center of fold at the leading edge. If better add mor if worshe take it off and try one other blade. It is trial and error just like with tail blades.

Charles
Thanks, I just want to even fine tune everything better. My tail rotor blades are pretty evenly balanced but since I am going to new blades I want to make sure it is the best I can get it. I am having difficulty seeing the original color due to the dark mountains in the background and even when I fly it inside the basketball court under fluorescent light it difficult to see. I notice when under fellows in my club fly red airplanes, they are much easier to see.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:02 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Sartav, I will try your way and check it with Charles's way also. It will be an interesting experiment. Hey, dude looks like you may have been a bad boy?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:04 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yup, me too. I got hard on him and he took offense, threatening to leave. Well, I didn't want him to leave, so I said, "If you dish it you should be able to take it. And besides, I though we were all having fun with this." To his credit he stuck around and was very nice to me.

I'm sorry they banned him.
Yah, he really was fun to visit with and had a sharp wit.

When I'm stranded in my living room watching "True crime drama" with my wife I can escape here and "pretend" to be having a quality moment yet be hangin' with the boyz!

"He who will remain nameless" unplug your router for 15 minutes. Plug it back in, get a new handle like "non-confrontational-middle-class-white-guy-with-too-much-time-on-his-hands" or "IsweariwontbeaPIA" and come back and hang out!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:09 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,179 Posts
On another note, I stopped by my LHS and found that there have been only two returns on the 130x. It's a big shop in a metro area and I found that to be pleasing.

One problem was the Tx/Rx wouldn't bind and they couldn't recall the other issue. Good news as I figured that they couldn't be all bad!

300USD though for a tiny heli is ever-so-slightly-painful!

b
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:19 PM View Post
Hellybelly - sertav
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellybelly View Post
That actually works? Wouldn't the guy just get banned again right way when/if someone calls him out?

Oh, and just started flying my new 130 X. I like it so far!
Heck if I know!

Congrats on yer new heli!

I'm not sayin' I'm cheap but........I'm actually "tighter than bark on a tree" and don't have one as yet!

Sit back, enjoy the wonderful personalities, read the posts and above all be a gentleman or you see what happened to the last guy!

Sheesh!!

All the best!

b
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:36 PM View Post
Hellybelly - sertav
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
HellyBelly, what is your experience level and what other heli's might you have?
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I'm on my third A gear with about 90 flights on my 130X. Seems no matter how I adjust the A/B gear mesh the wear is the same. I'm thinking the A gear material is just too soft. As a result I asked my LHS to hold a metal A gear for me when they arrive.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:07 PM View Post
Hellybelly - sertav
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:12 PM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It seems that sertav has been suspended whereas Livonia Bob has just come out of it.

I wonder whether his situation is the same as Bob's. Can he still post like Bob?
Sertav has been banned as a troll account.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/recentwarnings.php

This is his fourth account at least; he was previously sviking, mhunter, and another one I can't remember the name of. I doubt sertav will be his last.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellybelly View Post
Average sport pilot going back to nitro days. Bunch of Blades. mSR X, mSR, 4503D, 130X. Working on Trex 550 right now.
Great! I have been flying heli's for under a year. I retired last year and accidentally got hooked on heli's after my sister gave me a coax heli for Xmas. I have all Blade heli's (120SR, mCPX, 130X, 350X, 450X). I mainly fly FFF and circuits. I don't have the desire to do 3D.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:19 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Sertav, you almost made it back in you rascal.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Mar 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Sertav has been banned as a troll account.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/recentwarnings.php

This is his fourth account at least; he was previously sviking, mhunter, and another one I can't remember the name of. I doubt sertav will be his last.

Dusty
You forgot Dave from Prescott.
stablehover is offline Find More Posts by stablehover