SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:27 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,215 Posts
Discussion
Hk back ordered again??!!!

dont know whats goin on with HK but seem to be back ordered on alotta things, any word on that? shipping also seems to be slower, even at the U.S. warehouse
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:54 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
I got my last 2 orders in ~2 weeks, that is about as fast as ever using the cheapest registered shipping (always register ).

When I see something that I want I order ASAP, for the 2 years I've buying from HC, nothing seems to change. Always running out of stuff I want. They never have any TP or Plush ESCs in stock, Hobbypartz don't have any either Finally order from TargetHobby who took 2 months to get me my last order Hope they get it right this time!

I just place my last Christmas order last night, if the last 3 orders are any indication, it will ship next Monday or Tuesday and arrive the following week. Well before Christmas, after this it's got to be EMS to get here before xmas.
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:10 PM
Joined Feb 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
dont know whats goin on with HK but seem to be back ordered on alotta things, any word on that? shipping also seems to be slower, even at the U.S. warehouse
Just add an e-mail address to the notification area and as soon as that item is in stock they e-mail you. Don't sit around for days deciding whether to buy or not because popular items sell out again very quickly especially at this time of year. The last 6 orders I have placed have been shipped out in 3 days via registered mail. My problem is Canada customs and Canada Post. My orders arrive in Vancouver usually 5 days after I order then sit there. It takes between 19 and 25 days to get the 300 miles from Vancouver to Edmonton. I suppose if I paid triple the shipping costs Canada post would get my orders to me earlier but I'm cheap.
leakywellie is offline Find More Posts by leakywellie
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,215 Posts
glad to hear someones getting prompt service from HK........I get real suspicious when these mail order outfits claim to have something in stock, then as you said shows up at your door a couple months later, my thoughts on that would be they were thinking " get the money first" and are merely claiming to have the item in stock but really dont, this may be why the big delay on your order, some outfit pull that crap on me and it would be the last time!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:24 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakywellie View Post
Just add an e-mail address to the notification area and as soon as that item is in stock they e-mail you. Don't sit around for days deciding whether to buy or not because popular items sell out again very quickly especially at this time of year. The last 6 orders I have placed have been shipped out in 3 days via registered mail. My problem is Canada customs and Canada Post. My orders arrive in Vancouver usually 5 days after I order then sit there. It takes between 19 and 25 days to get the 300 miles from Vancouver to Edmonton. I suppose if I paid triple the shipping costs Canada post would get my orders to me earlier but I'm cheap.
thats terrible man!!!!!altho alotta ppl have a beef with BC shipping...and yes Ive put in a "back in stock request, looks like EXI heli is also having backorder problems....... Ha, probibly the same supplier
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:26 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ya just gotta be patient fellas.

HK is probably the largest distributor of RC anything in the world. And they are dependent on their suppliers. You can't beat their Lipo battery prices.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:11 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2008
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Ya just gotta be patient fellas.
Yeah I second that.

Soooo many people all around the world are purchasing I guess the same item that is in so much demand stocks seem to run out very quickly.

I have 24 suppliers all over the world and end up making a decision weather to go down to my LHS (about 5 LHS's within 20mins) and paying $5.00 - $15.00 more for an item on the spot and fly the same day or wait a few weeks for an item to be restocked and be grounded.
MASJO is offline Find More Posts by MASJO
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:11 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,215 Posts
as an old saying goes>>>>>patience my A$$ Im gonna kill somethin HK did it to me again, they just got in a certain ESC I was waiting for but are now back ordered on another item I was waiting for! ya see I was hoping to get 3 items at once so I wouldnt have to keep waiting till they got something "back in stock" could be this outfit is gettin too big for thier britches, not kool, the low prices are getting to be "not worth the frustration
Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:48 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Lectroglide,

Sounds like you're have a tough go with "Murphys Law". You can't win for losing.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,427 Posts
and getting worse!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:56 PM