Old Feb 08, 2016, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by kicekilla
No you cant fly it.
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Mar 2011
1,334 Posts
Mini-Review
Roaringtop Lipo Review

A while ago I asked for the chance to test a couple of free Lipo packs from a new (atleast I had never heard of them before) company; Roaringtop USA. I was soon selected and contacted by a rep. I will now share a short review of my experience both with the company and the product.

* I am not affiliated with this company whatsoever and was never asked to leave any positive feedback, only my honest feedback whether good or bad. *

I will first leave a small review about the company itself. When I first saw the ad for the free battery trial I naturally did not believe it was real, but figured, " what the hay" and sent them an email. I was responded to fairly quickly (which is the case for all of my correspondence to them) and he asked me what my address was for him to send the batteries to. The batteries were shipped and arrived very quickly ( i think it was 3 days) especially for a free trial! When checking out the batteries I noticed that one of the batteries that I chose was a 6s instead of the 4s I requested. I was a little bummed as I didn't have any 6s machine at the time but hey, it was were free so I decided I would make a 6s capable bicopter (still in the works, so I will be testing the storage ability as well ) Anyway, I told them about the error and they apologized and promptly sent me the one I requested and let me keep the one sent in error... Awesome! Bottom line is, if this companies customer service is anything near what it is when they are giving away batteries for free then I must say I am impressed.

Fast, Friendly service.

Next onto the batteries/performance:

So let me just state first that this is purely a user review and not some science/data driven report. I have neither the equipment nor time (OK I'll be honest, or the skill or knowledge) to provide much beyond what the normal user cares about.

I will start by saying that I really like these batteries and they seem to be nice quality and better built that cheapo lipos (which I have tested extensively haha)

The lipos I received to test were as follows:

- 60c 2200mAh 4s
- 60c 5000mAh 4s
- 25c 4500mAh 6s (not tested yet)

Name: packaging.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 423.1 KB
Description: Name: side.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 250.7 KB
Description: Name: top.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 357.2 KB
Description:

All lipos came well balanced as follows:

2.2: 3.84, 3.85, 3.87, 3.85
5.0: 3.85, 3.85, 3.85, 3.87
4.5: 3.84, 3.85, 3.83, 3.85, 3.87, 3.84

I have now flown the 2.2 about 15 flights and the 5.0 four flights. The 2.2 battery is on a 250 race quad on a 4s setup and running everything off the flight pack. The 5.0 is used on a QAV 500. Both are pictured below.

I typically shoot for using 80% of the capacity which is normally around 3.6-3.7 V per cell once landed. on the 2.2 battery it seems that the capacity is actually a little higher than advertised. I tend to fly about 2 minutes longer on this pack than my other 2200mAh 35c batteries, always landing with above 3.6 V and normally put back into the battery 2050 to 2150 mAh.

I typically do not do anything too aggressive with my QAV500 but the performance on the few flights I have done is good. I have to say that other than more power from the 60c on the 5000mAh I can not really tell the difference in flight performance. flighttimes, size, and weight seem to be about the same as my cheapies. BUT, for just a little more money, the roaringtop def. seem like more of a quality battery. I will see if they outlast the other brands, but these roaringtops are nicely made.

What I really like about these packs are how hard you can push them! yes my control battery that I am comparing to are cheap lower "c" batteries, but still! My 250 quad is a rocket using the 2.2! I can easily tell that I have more power available to punch out or do some acro.

Unfortunately I cannot say that these are better than other 60c lipo's, but that is only because I have not tried any other... but what I can say is that for the price (if you were to actually purchase them) you get a great battery that has a ton of power and just plain out works well and wont break the bank!

I will be going back to make my first purchase next time I need new lipos!

Thank you RoaringTop USA for giving me the opportunity to test out a few of your products! I really enjoy them and you have won a customer out of me.

http://www.roaringtopusa.com/
kicekilla is online now Find More Posts by kicekilla
to remove ads between posts