New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by helifann
Joined Dec 2005
1,824 Posts
New Product
HSD f-16 105mm 8s power system maiden

Here's my HSD 105mm f-16 take off and landing video. This was shot w an iPhone so this is all my camera guy got. This jet is awesome, the size is very impressive. Everyone at the field kept saying they couldn't believe it's foam! There was issues with the esc on a 12s set up so installed a new HSD 8s set up. She comes with all the mixing installed including a stock gyro. Everything worked perfectly and the gyro held this thing rock steady. Sounded great! Looked great! Handled rock solid and smooth as glass in the air! I used recommended throws and cg and t was perfect. She came in rock solid for landing and slowed down really slow for a perfect touchdown!!! Thumbs up! I will be ordering another one of these!
HSD F-16 Rc Edf Jet Maiden At Pvmac (1 min 5 sec)
helifann is online now Find More Posts by helifann
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2015, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
20,199 Posts
Nice job! I love the PVMAC field, hope to be there for Big Jolt again this year.

Nice smooth takeoff and landing. Looking forward to some more flights on the 8S system.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 26, 2015, 01:32 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Nice job! I love the PVMAC field, hope to be there for Big Jolt again this year.

Nice smooth takeoff and landing. Looking forward to some more flights on the 8S system.

Pat
Thanks, I am looking into a better camera etc so I can capture the whole flight and we could see the thing In the air! As you can see it was cloudy and very dark, the camo works very well!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by Antaeus
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Oct 2001
579 Posts
Looks like lower wing loading than FW's.
Antaeus is offline Find More Posts by Antaeus
Last edited by Antaeus; Aug 26, 2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:11 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaeus View Post
Looks like lower wing loading than FW's.
The freewing is the best f-16 in its class! I have the grey and the thunderbird version and fly them just about everytine I go to the field. Landing the FW does take getting used to. This HSD f16 is huge and very inpressive, the gyro made it very stable and made it easy to fly. I love my freewing f16 and this HSD is a serious step up! Landing it was non eventful almost too easy.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by fishface5
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2014
1,508 Posts
Sounds like 8s is the way to go.
fishface5 is offline Find More Posts by fishface5
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:41 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface5 View Post
Sounds like 8s is the way to go.
I haven't tried the 12s but I just may leave as is, but who knows the 12s may just be a rocket! We'll see, the 12s may be more speed but with a heavier set up.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 01:53 PM
Find More Posts by alex.dragonhobby
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2015
217 Posts
Awesome...thanks to Dbsturtles for sharing this Video...
alex.dragonhobby is offline Find More Posts by alex.dragonhobby
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2016, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by wally2q
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Dec 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifann View Post
Here's my HSD 105mm f-16 take off and landing video. This was shot w an iPhone so this is all my camera guy got. This jet is awesome, the size is very impressive. Everyone at the field kept saying they couldn't believe it's foam! There was issues with the esc on a 12s set up so installed a new HSD 8s set up. She comes with all the mixing installed including a stock gyro. Everything worked perfectly and the gyro held this thing rock steady. Sounded great! Looked great! Handled rock solid and smooth as glass in the air! I used recommended throws and cg and t was perfect. She came in rock solid for landing and slowed down really slow for a perfect touchdown!!! Thumbs up! I will be ordering another one of these!http://youtu.be/QwvjiTc-44A
if you dont mind me asking - what was the problem with teh 12S setup?

i am thinking of buying this jet - gathering details to make a decision.....

pm sent...
wally2q is online now Find More Posts by wally2q
Old Jan 07, 2016, 10:39 AM
Joined Dec 2005
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally2q View Post
if you dont mind me asking - what was the problem with teh 12S setup?

i am thinking of buying this jet - gathering details to make a decision.....

pm sent...
There was an issue w the esc, eager to fly I installed the 8s system. It flew on the 8s but I prefer the 12s.
Old Jan 07, 2016, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by wally2q
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Dec 2012
274 Posts
what was the issue?... smoke?... should I stay away from the 12s vesion?... can you please elaborate?
i take it, you have it back into 12s configuration?... stock ESC or aftermarket?

thanks!!
wally2q is online now Find More Posts by wally2q
Old Jan 07, 2016, 05:35 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally2q View Post
what was the issue?... smoke?... should I stay away from the 12s vesion?... can you please elaborate?
i take it, you have it back into 12s configuration?... stock ESC or aftermarket?

thanks!!
They fixed the issue, all HSD f16's are shipped with the problem fixed and ready to roll. I suggest getting the 12s version.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 02:43 AM
Find More Posts by Speedf16
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
How long is flight on 8s
Speedf16 is online now Find More Posts by Speedf16
Old Apr 04, 2016, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by NickFox
Jet-Addicted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined May 2012
267 Posts
Which of the two is easier to land, the 90 or 105? I'm feeling a little reserved about the 90 on 6s - underpowered, and feeling like 12s 105 might be too much wing loading for me to feel comfortable landing. So for me, I'm really asking, between 8s 105 and 6s 90, can you describe the difference in how they both land. How about grass takeoffs/landings, for both?? thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifann View Post
The freewing is the best f-16 in its class! I have the grey and the thunderbird version and fly them just about everytine I go to the field. Landing the FW does take getting used to. This HSD f16 is huge and very inpressive, the gyro made it very stable and made it easy to fly. I love my freewing f16 and this HSD is a serious step up! Landing it was non eventful almost too easy.
NickFox is offline Find More Posts by NickFox
Old Apr 04, 2016, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by Bparro
Indianapolis, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
252 Posts
Wing loading of the 105mm is actually lower than the 90mm I think. Depends a little on how heavy the batteries are on either one.
Bparro is online now Find More Posts by Bparro