New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: With the impending release of the Tempest, what Dynam Warbird would you like next?
Bristol Beaufighter 61 16.09%
Bf 110 52 13.72%
Curtiss P-40 50 13.19%
P-38 Lightning 64 16.89%
Mitsubishi Zero 41 10.82%
de Havilland Mosquito 48 12.66%
Grumman F7F Tigercat 63 16.62%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by Will_GH
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Jul 2014
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirebill View Post
Will , I sent you a PM , did you get it ?
Yep,
replacement canopy is boxed and will be picked up with Mondays USPS.
tracking number Pm'ed to you.

-Will
Will_GH is offline Find More Posts by Will_GH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by spitfirebill
USA, OH, Kent
Joined Feb 2011
307 Posts
Thanks Will , It's a shame that it took soo long to take care of this but I understand how things sometimes get lost in the shuffle . Now , I have more incentive to fix her broken fuselage that occurred a few months ago while demonstrating her capabilities for a bunch of spectators . I flew her a little too fast for a little too long and ended up spinning her in on the landing approach when one of the motors quit due to low batt. But on a good note , the only damage suffered was a clean break of the fuse just behind the rear gunner . Anyway , please work on DYNAM to release either a P39 Airacobra or something Japanese besides a Zero so I can get back to doing business with you ! Thanks again Bill
spitfirebill is offline Find More Posts by spitfirebill
Old Feb 23, 2016, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by usna09
FPV Made Easy
Joined Oct 2014
248 Posts
Anybody know if Dynam is still coming out with new planes? I just got the Texan and it's great! Would love to see a Tigercat. People seem to love their planes, and was wondering if they were still making new designs.
usna09 is offline Find More Posts by usna09
Old Feb 23, 2016, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
7,188 Posts
They have very few vendors other then Grayson, General and Motion. Nitro no longer handles them. Backorders are persistently bad so Dynam must have made reordering a nightmare.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 23, 2016, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by Griphin
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
3,181 Posts
Don't know. All models in stock here with new shipment received last week. Stock possibly currently going to non USA dealers
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Feb 23, 2016, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Ermilo
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Aug 2011
539 Posts
Would love for Dynam to present workable retracts.
Ermilo is offline Find More Posts by Ermilo
Old Feb 24, 2016, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by RcGuy03
United States, WI, Plain
Joined Jan 2016
6 Posts
The last plane of mine was the fw-190, even felt comfortable doing whatever the little kids at the park told me to do. I recently crashed full throtle into a corn field. Im waiting for a new dynam plane and a japenese plane would be greatly appreciated
RcGuy03 is offline Find More Posts by RcGuy03
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by tmulligan
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermilo View Post
Would love for Dynam to present workable retracts.
Since so many people report that the Dynam retracts don't work, they really need to fix the design flaw.
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by Seacondor
What goes up .....
New Zealand, Auckland, Mercer
Joined Oct 2013
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Don't know. All models in stock here with new shipment received last week. Stock possibly currently going to non USA dealers
Hobbyzone has been the number one supplier of Dynam planes in Australia for years. They are a good reliable group of guys.
Most of their planes are Dynam.

Greg
Seacondor is offline Find More Posts by Seacondor
Old Feb 25, 2016, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Ermilo
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Aug 2011
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan View Post
Since so many people report that the Dynam retracts don't work, they really need to fix the design flaw.
I have one dynam corsair for about six years. I noted the problem then and still no fix. I guess they say why fix it if people still buy the plane anyway.
Ermilo is offline Find More Posts by Ermilo
Old Mar 16, 2016, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by Fuzzylime
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Hey Guys, I don't know if anyone is even on this thread anymore, but if so, I just bought the Dynam P-51 Mustang. I have been flying ultra micros up until now. I had a guy in a store really scare me into going next into something more intermediate rather than right to the p-51. I have done a lot of reading of other pilots' reviews on the P-51 and so many rave about how it handles. So here are my questions: is this guy right? Should I first go with an E-Flite Apprentice or something similar first as this guy recommends?

Second question. He warns me about tip stalls and suggests I never deal with those on ultra micros and that these alone will really discourage me if I go directly to the P-51. Do you experience many tips stalls with this plane and, again, is he right about my starting with something "tamer" ?

Thanks guys. I hope somebody's here!
Fuzzylime is offline Find More Posts by Fuzzylime
Old Mar 16, 2016, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,988 Posts
Are the micros aileron equipped? You will find the P-51 easy to fly if so. If you crash just repair it and fly again. As for stalling, take it up high and stall it by maintaining level flight with no power. You will see how slow you can and cannot go. The dreaded tip stall bogeyman is pilot error. Keep the proper speed and the wing won't stall.
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Mar 16, 2016, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by microlyn
Fly it like you're in it
Canada, ON, London
Joined Nov 2012
1,511 Posts
Every wing stalls, no matter what the size. A" tip stall" is just one wing stalling before the other, for the most part.
Dynam makes easy to fly planes, and if you are good with the micros, you'll probably be fine.
The Apprentice is a good beginners plane for someone with little or no flying experience. it seems like you have experience with all the basics of flight and orientation, so the P51 on LOW RATES should be fun.
Are you part of a flying club?
microlyn is online now Find More Posts by microlyn
Old Mar 16, 2016, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
5,144 Posts
I'm still here .. I'm sure there's plenty of us still subd ..
I don't own the dynam mustang but I do have plenty of other dynam models .. I have found that dynam models do tend to be more forgiving then other brands ..not sure how to explain it but my dynam spitfire is a lot more forgiving then my parkzone spitfire in its whole character .. if u really want to fly the mustang now that's your option ..and as gtb says u might have to use a little glue whilst u get used to the model .. I find lil um models quite snappy compared to a bigger platform ..u will find a 1100-1200 a lot more stable and less snappy ..as for tip stall as all ready mentioned keep a good solid wings level approach in to wind with a little throttle on landing ..as long as u keep the speed up enough the wings stay locked level u will be fine ..if u r getting to slow u will feel the ail become spongy and less responsive ..that's your first basic warning that she could tip stall if u slow down any more ...
Good luck with whatever u decide
Regards
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Mar 17, 2016, 03:33 PM
Find More Posts by Fuzzylime
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the helpful comments for my P-51! No, microlyn, I am not a member of a flying club as yet. There is big one her where guys fly pretty big planes, and I have not wanted to go beyond my ultra micros, but I am slowly getting into a larger plane now. I think I have been pretty competent with my Beast, Sbach 342, and T-28. Not any kind of stunt flyer, but just do basic rolls, inverted flying and so forth. I thought this P-51 would be alogical step up, but the hobby store guy has me wondering. I've been looking a that Apprentice and it sure seems safe, but I am wondering the same thing; if it is maybe a bit too "safe" at this stage for me. On the other hand, it looks kinda fun to fly. I could put some floats on it which is good for here in Florida. Maybe I'll learn a few things The comments from you all on tips stalls are great. I've seen tips stalls on YouTube and think I may have had one once with my Beast, and just didn't know what the heck it was... Thanks again guys!
Fuzzylime is offline Find More Posts by Fuzzylime