HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
Joined May 2006
10 Posts
Discussion
BCX 4 in one LED status light

I couldn't seem to find any info in the manual about what the status light meaning is durring flight on the 4 in 1. I notice it turning from green to red durring flight and I was wondering if that meant that my battery was running low.
SuperFreq is offline Find More Posts by SuperFreq
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
hamilton ontario canada
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
the status lite will turn red if you give it full throttle or if you are near the max. battery draw- ease up on the throttle or whatever control is near the max and it will turn back to green- it will turn red also when battery is low
johnnyf is offline Find More Posts by johnnyf
Old May 23, 2006, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2006
10 Posts
Thank you!
Old May 23, 2006, 03:41 PM
Joined May 2006
10 Posts
How do you tell if the battery is low enough to stop? I know the manual says that when the throttle starts to drop you should stop, but I am just worried about crashing it if it gets too low. (I am new to helis here )
Old May 23, 2006, 05:34 PM
Just call me crash.
Joined Jan 2006
1,308 Posts
If the heli won't rise on its own, it's time to bring it in. You should then read the voltage on the cells with a digital voltmeter. On the back of the charging jack you will find a bare spot on the plugs to read voltage. Put one probe on the center plug of the charging jack, the other on one of the outside ones. Then repeat the process for the other side.

The voltage should read 3.7 volts per cell or better, if you're getting less than that you're running it too long and will seriously shorten the pack life. Also the voltages should be within .01 volts of each other, for example 3.78 and 3.77. If you discharge the packs below 3.7 volts, they will become further and further out of balance and can result in all sorts of nasty stuff, including fire.
rocknbil is offline Find More Posts by rocknbil
Old May 23, 2006, 08:12 PM
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Vermillion, SD
Joined Jan 2006
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFreq
How do you tell if the battery is low enough to stop? I know the manual says that when the throttle starts to drop you should stop, but I am just worried about crashing it if it gets too low. (I am new to helis here )
I would recommend stopping when you feel a loss of performance. It isn't worth ruining your batteries over a few extra minutes of flight.
cjg is offline Find More Posts by cjg
Old May 24, 2006, 03:48 PM
hamilton ontario canada
Joined Feb 2006
65 Posts
i agree with cjg- you can tell when it takes a little more throttle than normal to raise the chopper- stop then and recharge- i have an extra battery so i can fly longer-also installed the heatsinks-i read somewhere that you should let the battery cool off before recharging also-
i wish the cp pro would hurry up and get here!!!
johnnyf is offline Find More Posts by johnnyf