SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:10 AM
Fly more Foam
United States, IN, Sellersburg
Joined Jun 2004
1,012 Posts
Build Log
Composite T-33A from EasyTiger Models

Before anyone has any comments on starting this thread, as my wife tells me "Survive the crash and move on".

I'm starting a new thread from the other in that i do not have full edit and control rights for the previous thread. The original was started over two years back and the plane did not become availible till this past September from EasyTiger Models.
Starting a new thread has its merits behind the scene so to speak for the continued support from EasyTiger.
Saying this, i did get a reply back on the CG and will post that with more pics in the coming week along with a suitable retract selection as has been noted previously.

Just so everyone may know where I stand, this plane was ordered direct from EasyTiger and as of current, he is the only one offering this plane. I DO NOT represent ETM in any form and I purchased this plane at list price and shipping that is shown on the web site.
There fore, this is a totally UNBIASED review and personal changes made at my choosing.
Being that this and the RCL foam is the only T33 at this size currently being offered, I would hope that others will find this helpful and insightful.
Stay tuned as I continue.
Sam

Links that were already referenced and posted in the previous threads can be found here.
http://www.rcjetaddiction.com/forum/...-new-90mm-t-33), made back in 2013
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post29562109 , Posted pics of the wing in previous thread
sam51401 is offline Find More Posts by sam51401
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:52 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
So what gear have you decided on?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:41 AM
Fly more Foam
Joined Jun 2004
1,012 Posts
Looking through the selection at MotionRC. They are Freewing and i believe a 4mm pin will work. They have a 5mm pin version also so just have to checking mounting dimensions.
Considering using just 5/32" wire struts with the gear covers for now. What you think?
Hows your recovery going?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 05:27 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
In a sling,frustrating. Spent 2.5 hr's to swap a retract in a FM's t-28.
I would aim for the 5mm set.I hate extracts.the limit switches are crap.eflite uses a better switch.give me air any day.I have tams minis in a9lbs f-16 they are the best.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 05:48 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,975 Posts
Quote:
give me air any day.I
R

I'm with you Rodger. Check out these Spring Airs.

http://www.retracts.com/
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:17 PM
Fly more Foam
Joined Jun 2004
1,012 Posts
After chatting with CS person at MotionRC, i decided to TRY the nose retract unit that is used on the Stinger 90. Im trying to go with the least amount of modifying and a less expensive alternative to the EFlites that were referenced in 2013'.
I opted for this unit and it fits a 5/32 wire strut and still steerable. Be here sometimes next week when my LHS gets the MotionRC order.

Rodger, i understand being "one handed" so to speak. I am still planning a T38 build once the T-bird is flying. Its calling my name!!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 09:43 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2015 , May 28-31
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,899 Posts
Looking forward to your review.
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Oct 25, 2014, 08:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
Sam as soon as I get a few more days behind me I'm going to work on the 38
Old Nov 07, 2014, 06:41 PM
Fly more Foam
Joined Jun 2004
1,012 Posts
Hey people!! Im shooting ot get some shop time this Sunday to get things roll'n but im going to watch "Interstellar" as a birthday present to me.

Got the Stinger 90 nose unit from MotionRC and it fits like a glove! Metal trunion for 5/32" wire pins or a wire strut. I still plan on wire strut with Robart strut covers so going to get that mounted. If anyone were to ask as to retracts, i would pitch the Stinger 90 retract set from MotionRC and then use either wire or shock struts.
PS Carl S. has one of these for sale in the classifieds, he will even split shipping!
Old Nov 07, 2014, 09:31 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,191 Posts
PS Carl S. has one of these for sale in the classifieds, he will even split shipping![/QUOTE]

Not anymore!
Thank you Carl.
I'll be following your thread for when I get the chance to build this beauty.
Victor
TBolt is offline Find More Posts by TBolt
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:31 PM
Joined May 2004
5,191 Posts
Sam,
So, are you recommending the nose and main gear from the Stinger 90?

Thanks,
Victor
Old Nov 14, 2014, 09:53 AM
Fly more Foam
Joined Jun 2004
1,012 Posts
At this point i can and will recommend the nose unit for sure as this is the only one i have ordered. As to the mains, I havent recieved a set to confirm and i went ahead and purchased the EFlite retracts based on the post from Curtis back in early 13'. After recieveing the plane is when i realized that at lest the EF nose unit would not work for the intended stock mounting.
I have the Tams' upgraded trunions for the EFlites mains and only after getting the Stinger nose unit that i made the assumption that the Stinger mains would probably work being nearly identical to the EFlites. The Stinger set comes with 4.1mm or you may find the same retract fitted with a 5.1mm trunion so i leave the solid recommendation on the mains open on the Stinger 90 set. EFlites fit fine but the 15-25 set will need the upgraded metal trunion to use 5/32" wire struts or pins for this plane.
Sam
Old Nov 14, 2014, 01:35 PM
Joined May 2004
5,191 Posts
thanks for the info, the kit I purchased from Carl should arrive today (hopefully I get home before the wife)
Victor