HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Joined Nov 2014
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimboEruption View Post
And instead of Precision Aerobatics being flippant and rude to your customers (I own 6 PA models) why don't you apologize?
You have got to be kidding!
SandyGabby is offline Find More Posts by SandyGabby
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
999 Posts
BimboEruption, you have me thinking.. You probably don't know this but the wing thickness is radically smaller, proportionally, on the XL verses the X and regular Addy. This means the drag coefficient on the XL is marginally smaller, and opens up the possibility of using the big daddy XL as a hotliner. So, I'm going the other direction and have ordered 1,800 mAh 8 cell and 10 cell lipos to power the dragon with some 11" X 11" props. You might say I have a need for speed! Bet you can't catch me.
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Aug 2006
1,257 Posts
My progress

Well today I installed rudder and the pull- pull system. Manuel shows 3 hinges in rudder but I added a forth one to this high stress area. At the tail wheel install I thread laced it in at 2 locations then sealed thread with thin CA. This makes for an extremely strong connection as those of you that fish, have noted this is how they connect the rod guides to the shafts. I then painted the hinges with a close match green latex craft paint. Used the supplied film strip to seal one side of rudder. Then sealed the other side with transparent Ultra-Cote. At the front end I secured my servo using 4 screws for insurance. I for years have been using full thread servo screws from RTL. . These screws are hex head as well. The normal PIA situation with the pull-pull rig up but must say due to the excellent hardware supplied it was almost enjoyable. Then I sealed the firewall vent holes with drops of thin CA. I wish they would highlight this in the manual because it is a very important step that prevents the firewall from crushing. Very fine grain balsa so mine took 4 drops to seal. Lastly I painted the motor box nose to former with black latex craft paint. Did this because the cowl exposes a lot of the box. Should complete her tomorrow and weather permitting take her for a dance. Have Fun, Donnie
menksters is offline Find More Posts by menksters
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyGabby View Post
You have got to be kidding!
No, I'm quite serious, and so will PA's management when they learn that some of their supposed Team Pilots are insulting and chasing away their very best customers in this thread. And they will learn, very soon.

It is extreme stupidity to be hostile to your very best customers who are improving your products, doing their work for them, while they whine and complain.

I'm still waiting for an official apology from Precision Aerobatics, posted here.
BimboEruption is offline Find More Posts by BimboEruption
Last edited by BimboEruption; Yesterday at 11:03 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by menksters View Post
Well today I installed rudder and the pull- pull system. Manuel shows 3 hinges in rudder but I added a forth one to this high stress area. At the tail wheel install I thread laced it in at 2 locations then sealed thread with thin CA. This makes for an extremely strong connection as those of you that fish, have noted this is how they connect the rod guides to the shafts. I then painted the hinges with a close match green latex craft paint. Used the supplied film strip to seal one side of rudder. Then sealed the other side with transparent Ultra-Cote. At the front end I secured my servo using 4 screws for insurance. I for years have been using full thread servo screws from RTL. . These screws are hex head as well. The normal PIA situation with the pull-pull rig up but must say due to the excellent hardware supplied it was almost enjoyable. Then I sealed the firewall vent holes with drops of thin CA. I wish they would highlight this in the manual because it is a very important step that prevents the firewall from crushing. Very fine grain balsa so mine took 4 drops to seal. Lastly I painted the motor box nose to former with black latex craft paint. Did this because the cowl exposes a lot of the box. Should complete her tomorrow and weather permitting take her for a dance. Have Fun, Donnie
Nice. Good job. I will have to use that technique on a tail wheel at some point. I just sanded it so that it was nice and rough. Not too worried about it as it's really not a critical point of failure. I have to do the Pull-Pull next. This arf is a little more work than others but all the little steps help keep weight down.
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,446 Posts
Quote:
No, I'm quite serious, and so will PA's management when they learn that some of their supposed Team Pilots are insulting and chasing away their very best customers in this thread. And they will learn, very soon.

It is extreme stupidity to be hostile to your very best customers who are improving your products, doing their work for them, while they whine and complain.

I'm still waiting for an official apology from Precision Aerobatics, posted here.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM
Joined Mar 2014
110 Posts
Thanks for the tips menksters. I haven't started my build yet, but I appreciate the info you've shared.
Marza Taxx is offline Find More Posts by Marza Taxx
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
346 Posts
Quote:

It is extreme stupidity to be hostile to your very best customers who are improving your products, doing their work for them, while they whine and complain that the solution is not expensive enough.

In all fairness, after a certain point you have brought this onto yourself by spamming and promoting your 4S setup. I appreciate how you set your airplane but not everybody wants to hear about it over and over again. Naturally PA wants us to buy their IPA setup, but I'm not spending that kind of money when I can put together my own that works reasonably well.

Now you're promoting a 3S setup which is borderline silly. It may be perfect for floating around like a butterfly but I and others don't fly that way. Not only does one need to consider thrust ratio, but also pitch speed that will give you speed for higher energy maneuvers. For the size of the aircraft and the PA's desired flight envelope, PA selected a 6s, lower amp setup to achieve there goals. In addition, they likely chose 2x3s to give Addiction owners a simple upgrade path.

Please consider others here too and stop rambling about your 4s and 3s setups!
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro View Post
In all fairness, after a certain point you have brought this onto yourself by spamming and promoting your 4S setup. I appreciate how you set your airplane but not everybody wants to hear about it over and over again. Naturally PA wants us to buy their IPA setup, but I'm not spending that kind of money when I can put together my own that works reasonably well.

Please consider others here too and stop rambling about your 4s and 3s setups!
3S is silly as the Addiction X.

The XL is a 63 oz model, putting it in the heart of the envelope for 3S or 4S. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that the model can substantially stronger in all performance categories, and for $hundreds less. Some might not wish to cover their ears to such great news.
Old Today, 12:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
Do it on 1S or go away
BTW, have you seen this?

http://z8rc.com/faa-grounds-rc-team-pilots/