SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:42 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,023 Posts
Deathslide...deathslide...deathslide...deathslide. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
i flew mine with a motrolfly, that is all i use after running them. It is on a laser now after my crash.... It survived!
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:43 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcskkrose View Post
Deathslide...deathslide...deathslide...deathslide. ..
I have now learned why it is called that. Do not get into a contest with your friends to do them the lowest or you may win.

But your plane may lose.
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:55 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
he... yesterday started tobuild my edge... all goes together very nice... just.... are tail wheels still included with a kit? tailveel wire i have, but no wheel.. and now just to decide, to make my slick allaround65mg and savox 0257 for edge... orother way around? or like i usually do to save, digis on tail, analogs on wings?...

and khmm... a tip for you guys... if you use epoxy for elevator joiner, do yourself a favour and glue control horn at the same time... or you might have to cut 2 openings on tail...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:20 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
he... yesterday started tobuild my edge... all goes together very nice... just.... are tail wheels still included with a kit? tailveel wire i have, but no wheel..
Yes it is provided. It is not in the hardware bag? I vaguely remember it was a challenge to find mine as well but I don't remember why (which is not very helpful I know)... Maybe it was in fact in a separate bag which took sometime to find. If all else fail the Durbo 3/4" Tailwheel (dub-75TW) worked well for me.
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:45 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,157 Posts
Rain rain go away I'd like to fly my Edge today!
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:40 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
for your 48" to 51" size electric planes what size servo extensions you like to use (light, med, or heavy duty)? I have been buying/using heavy duty or med ones thinking the weight is negligible and that I rather the extension be more robust, but is that an overkill? I am curious what you have been using.... Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:59 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
for your 48" to 51" size electric planes what size servo extensions you like to use (light, med, or heavy duty)? I have been buying/using heavy duty or med ones thinking the weight is negligible and that I rather the extension be more robust, but is that an overkill? I am curious what you have been using.... Thanks!
Like you I always get thet medium or heavy duty just to be safe. And I completely agree that the extra weight is immaterial.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:59 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
I use medium weight ones if for no other reason than I like having stronger wires at the connection points. Equipment on 3d planes get abused so it should be more robust. JMO.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:04 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
More dependent on the servos being used really. If I am using 65MG's then I'll use lightweight ones (32 AWG), 85MG's then I'll used medium weight ones (26AWG), and for big servos I'll use heavy duty ones (22AWG.) Also something comes into play is the length of the extention, if I need to use an extention of over 12" most of the time I'll step up a size, just for the reduction in the wires resistance.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:10 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
Makes sense Eagle
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:24 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
ok, makes sense. Do you toss them after a bad crash (even assuming they pass all your "tests" )? I don't. Is that stupid for something that would costs less than $10 for a extensions for the whole plane? For a new Plane I always buy new, but after a crash I don't generally replace them. I am curious what is your SOP... Thanks x 2.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:40 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
I can't see why you would trash extensions unless there is clear stress - servo thrown from plane, bad twists or suspected stress. But just to toss them from a crash, Du know? Do you salvage servos? I'd think same reasoning as above, if it works and didn't get hammered why not use it? Just sayin.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
I don't replace stuff unless it is clearly broken.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:12 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Yes it is provided. It is not in the hardware bag? I vaguely remember it was a challenge to find mine as well but I don't remember why (which is not very helpful I know)... Maybe it was in fact in a separate bag which took sometime to find. If all else fail the Durbo 3/4" Tailwheel (dub-75TW) worked well for me.
yeah, well, but they all take time to get! :P so far, seing as i flew my first 42" for couple of months without tailwheel, im going to put that one on edge...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:07 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
he... yesterday started tobuild my edge... all goes together very nice... just.... are tail wheels still included with a kit? tailveel wire i have, but no wheel.. and now just to decide, to make my slick allaround65mg and savox 0257 for edge... orother way around? or like i usually do to save, digis on tail, analogs on wings?...

and khmm... a tip for you guys... if you use epoxy for elevator joiner, do yourself a favour and glue control horn at the same time... or you might have to cut 2 openings on tail...
i think i have an extra tail wheel, maybe i got yours haha! seriously pm me your addy if you still need one and ill mail it out to yas
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall