SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:46 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
I have used quite a few of the new EFlite batteries, and they seem to be every bit as good as TP.
this is good news and not the case of course with old Blade batteries But if they are as good as you say then 50% the price of TP sounds even better
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
I have about 24 flights on my nano. I have crashed it about 5 times. The verticle fin on the tail has a high frequency vibration that gets worse with a new battery but, gets less as the battery runs down. It is also worse in IU than in normal mode. I have tried new links, played with blade tightness, changed blades from performance to bullet, oiled bearings, changed tail rotor without improvement. I'm thinking I should change the feathering shaft although I haven't crashed it that hard.. Any other ideas?
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
WOOHOOO!!! mine came in today...I'll charge up some batts, and head over to Killeen tomorrow and pick it up!! The DX6i is programmed and ready to go too!!!

Unfortunately he doesn't have ANY 130X repair parts in stock That thing has been out for a while, so I would think he'd have some, but he doesn't...Those parts should be here about Thur from HH anyway...but I still want to fly my 130x...
Got some 160s and a bunch of other batts from my Msr, so I should be good for a while!!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
just picked one up. It's a winner!
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I have about 24 flights on my nano. I have crashed it about 5 times. The verticle fin on the tail has a high frequency vibration that gets worse with a new battery but, gets less as the battery runs down. It is also worse in IU than in normal mode. I have tried new links, played with blade tightness, changed blades from performance to bullet, oiled bearings, changed tail rotor without improvement. I'm thinking I should change the feathering shaft although I haven't crashed it that hard.. Any other ideas?

To check the feathering shaft take one blade off and try this. While one blade is one it is very easy to see a wobble
MCPX - How to check if the feathering shaft is bent - Fast Method (1 min 34 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Check your feathering shaft like indoorheli says first. You will have to use those 2 plastic wrenches that came in the bag with your heli. If it is straight then I would check for vibration due to main blades out of balance. You should be able to spin up the heli at 100% throttle at midstick (zero pitch) and the heli should be smooth as silk. If not, balance the mains by adding some clear tape.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
I have used quite a few of the new EFlite batteries, and they seem to be every bit as good as TP.
+1 I like the new Eflites. I have some tp's as well as hyperions and bang for the buck, the Eflites are pretty good. Just bought 4 more at the lhs today.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:00 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Well the not so local hobbyshop just got some in. Going to grab 1 since my son NEEDS ones... at least thats my story I'm telling the wife. My other one doesn't get here until thursday
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Just hovered for four batteries. Still all I am doing with the nano is hovering outside. I'm fairly shielded by the house and the garage, but it's still way too much wind for something like the mCX2, but the nano handles it quite well.

I might just go to the store and get a few more batteries...
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well the not so local hobbyshop just got some in. Going to grab 1 since my son NEEDS ones... at least thats my story I'm telling the wife. My other one doesn't get here until thursday
You are going to love it. I remember your mcpx vids.
I just drove 20 miles to get one. It's everything I thought the mcpx was going to be. Tight flips and rolls from the couch inches away from the laptop

My new favorite heli. The 130x is going to be on the shelf for a while..
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Okay, I live in the boonies and I am going into town (50 miles away) to he big city of Bakersfield, Ca on Thursday. Just called the LHS there and he has four Nano CPxs' in stock. Should I or shouldn't I.

Bob
Where in Bakersfield? I'll race you there! (Not)
But you should.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Where in Bakersfield? I'll race you there! (Not)
But you should.
Doug' Hobby Shop. Make sure you save one for me please. Actually you don't have to save me one because I just called them on the phone and reserved one.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, WA, Kent
Joined Sep 2001
718 Posts
Must resist the urge to grab one tonight from the LHS as I have one shipping to me already.

must... resist.... BRB!
joemi is offline Find More Posts by joemi
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemi View Post
Must resist the urge to grab one tonight from the LHS as I have one shipping to me already.

must... resist.... BRB!
Ha I couldn't and drove to the far away hobby shop and bought one.. Then called and canceled my other prepaid order.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2011
162 Posts
Just picked mine up from the LHS. Is there anything I need to do to get this heli ready for flight. Do the main grips need the extra canopy grommet mod done?

Also a page or two ago in this thread someone posted about turining the pots down on the 4 port charger. That is the charger I am going to use. Do you have a picture of exactly what needs to be adjusted? I have never opened this charger up so I have no idea whats in there

Thanks for any help...
lawguy14 is offline Find More Posts by lawguy14