SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by EeleyEagle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 05, 2011, 06:47 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
Joined May 2006
456 Posts
Discussion
PSS Zero

Have always had a liking of the Japanese Zero as a warbird, mainly because no-one else had one. They all had Spits, Mustangs and Corsairs. I have embarked on a scratch built traditional 60 size Zero modified to be a suitable PSS sloper. The plans are Model World ones, fuse is unchanged but all flying surfaces enlarged to suit. I am making this fuse as a plug for a mould so I can have a fibre-glass shell. Have changed the airfoil to MH32 and changed the wing saddle to suit a zero incidedence.
This has been a slow process but am trying to get it all together for Manilla Slopefest 2012.
EeleyEagle is offline Find More Posts by EeleyEagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:15 AM
Crafter of flying plugs
Armidale, NSW
Joined Feb 2007
1,205 Posts
Is this a new Zero or are they old pictures?
Owen Hedger is offline Find More Posts by Owen Hedger
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:35 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
456 Posts
Old photos Owen. I was hoping to have it done for MSF11 but holidays got in the way. I am in the process of epoxy coating it, filling, sanding, filling ,sanding.....you get the idea.
Andrew
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:55 AM
Crafter of flying plugs
Armidale, NSW
Joined Feb 2007
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeleyEagle View Post
I am in the process of epoxy coating it, filling, sanding, filling ,sanding.....you get the idea.
Andrew
I sure do! It just looks bigger than I recall. It will be a good size.
Owen Hedger is offline Find More Posts by Owen Hedger
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:24 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
456 Posts
Not Happy Jan !!!!

After much pain I have decided that the fin needs to come off and make a new one to replace it with. I just couldn't get it symetrical and it was getting on my nerves, so off with its head ! I am going to make a balsa ribbed one as per the plan and fill it in with foam then sand it to shape. Hopefully this time with the right shape and symetry.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:13 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
456 Posts
New Tail

As you can see I cut off the rudder post, made a new one out of Balsa and glued it in place. Some more filling and sanding to blend it in now.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
I was 1eyed But I fixed that
Central Coast NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2007
1,614 Posts
Looking Good.
HUMPHREY1957 is offline Find More Posts by HUMPHREY1957