SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:54 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Alert
Banana Hobby is not worthy of trust or belief

I have had a terrible experiance so far with Banana Hobby and want every one to know what may happen to them. I am hoping they do the true and correct thing with my exchange or repair. On October 6, 2011 I ordered a Double Hores 9053 with Banana Hobby and it was received on October 12, 2011 @ 1:30 PM CST. I opened the box and read the owners guide. I placed the battery on the charger and in ten minutes it showed to be charged. I tried to fly the helicopter and all it would do is spin and fall over with the blades hitting the ground and themselves. At 3:30 PM I called Banana Hobby and spoke to a Representative (name unknown). The Representative told me I would need to speak to one of their techs. She stated that she promised to have a tech call me before the end of the business day. At 7:30 PM CST (30 minutes before they close) I called Banana Hobby back and spoke to Cyrstal. Crystal said she had to put me on hold and when she came back, she said that the tech said the battery needed to be charged more and to put it on the charger for 1hr. & 20 minutes. After the charging was complete I tried to fly the helicopter once again and it still won't fly. On October 13, 2011 @ 3:24 PM, I called Banana Hobby back again and spoke to Brianna. Brianna said she would speak to a tech and when she came back Brianna said the tech stated the the blades were loose but that he is coming up with other ideas and he would call me back today. Not believing Brianna, I asked her what the techs name was and her reply was well, I did not talk to the tech I spoke to the person you talked to last night. Again not believing her, I asked Brianna, what is the persons name you just spoke to. I Love this part. Brianna asked me who I spoke to last night. I asked her if she could not remember who she just talked to and she said she would need that name for verification. I asked Brianna if she just made this stuff up as she goes or does her boss tell her to be dishonest with customers. Brianna said I will need that name. I was like, oh brother. I told her I spoke to Crystal last night. She said that's who she just talk to and that someone would email me back later. Brianna emailed me back later this day and said I need to trim up the helicopter and then it would fly. Well, of course that did not work either. At 5:30 PM on this same day I called Banana Hobby back and spoke to Crystal. I told Crystal what was going on and she said she will put me on hold so she can speak to a tech. Crystal came back and said the tech wanted me to take the helicopter to a local Hobby Store and have them check the battery. I told her I would do that. I drove the 6 miles to the Hobby store and the battery checked out fine. They told me they have seen this problem with this specific helicopter before. They even sell this helicopter. I was told there was a manufacturing problem with the inner shaft. On October 14, 2011 @ 12:23 PM, I called Banana Hobby back and spoke to Antonius and told him that I had the battery check out and also told him of the problem I had learned. Antonius said he would have to speak to Crystal and he promised she would email me back by the end of the business day. I never heard back from Crystal so on October 19, 2011 @ 3:32 PM CST, I call Banana Hobby back and spoke to Antonius. I told him that I have been waiting for 5 days for Crystal to call me back about this problem. I asked him if there was something wrong with you people. I told him that I have been lied to and that I thought they were all being very dishonest with me and just hoping that I would go away. I told Antonius that I wanted to send the helicopter back and they could either fix it or send me another one. He said he would take it back but that I would need to send him pictures before he could give me a RMA #. I explained to him that I did not have a camera to get him pictures. Antonius said that he could not help me without the pictures. I told Antonius that I could get sworn Affidavit's from my neighbors stating the condition of the helicopter. Antonius said he would have to speak to the claims department about this and he would call or email me back today. RIGHT! On October 21, 2011 I finally received and email from Jacky at Banana Hobby and she stated that I needed to send pictures however I could just send the helicopter but if it was in differant shape she would have to charge me. On October 24, 2011 I emailed Banana Hobby and told them I found a neighbor that will take pictues and email the pictures to them. On October 25, 2011, the pictures of the helicopter were sent to Banana Hobby. On October 31, 2011, I was emailed a FORM 920 from Banana Hobby and asked to fill it out and send it back with the helicopter. I was also sent a RMA #. FINALLY!! On November 02, 2011 @ 1:30 PM. I shipped the helicopter back to Banana Hobby. I hope they do the right thing and either fix it or exchange the helicopter. This has been such a bad experiance for me, I wonder if they even know how to do the right thing. I make purchases all the time on the internet and never have had any problems before. I will keep everyone posted of the up coming events with Banana Hobby.

My name is Carol Nahkunst and I can be reached @ 214-724-1997 if you would like to talk about your experiances with Banana Hobby. Order # BH18-172334
flying12 is offline Find More Posts by flying12
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 12:31 AM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying12 View Post
I have had a terrible experiance so far with Banana Hobby and want every one to know what may happen to them. I am hoping they do the true and correct thing with my exchange or repair. On October 6, 2011 I ordered a Double Hores 9053 with Banana Hobby and it was received on October 12, 2011 @ 1:30 PM CST. I opened the box and read the owners guide. I placed the battery on the charger and in ten minutes it showed to be charged. I tried to fly the helicopter and all it would do is spin and fall over with the blades hitting the ground and themselves. At 3:30 PM I called Banana Hobby and spoke to a Representative (name unknown). The Representative told me I would need to speak to one of their techs. She stated that she promised to have a tech call me before the end of the business day. At 7:30 PM CST (30 minutes before they close) I called Banana Hobby back and spoke to Cyrstal. Crystal said she had to put me on hold and when she came back, she said that the tech said the battery needed to be charged more and to put it on the charger for 1hr. & 20 minutes. After the charging was complete I tried to fly the helicopter once again and it still won't fly. On October 13, 2011 @ 3:24 PM, I called Banana Hobby back again and spoke to Brianna. Brianna said she would speak to a tech and when she came back Brianna said the tech stated the the blades were loose but that he is coming up with other ideas and he would call me back today. Not believing Brianna, I asked her what the techs name was and her reply was well, I did not talk to the tech I spoke to the person you talked to last night. Again not believing her, I asked Brianna, what is the persons name you just spoke to. I Love this part. Brianna asked me who I spoke to last night. I asked her if she could not remember who she just talked to and she said she would need that name for verification. I asked Brianna if she just made this stuff up as she goes or does her boss tell her to be dishonest with customers. Brianna said I will need that name. I was like, oh brother. I told her I spoke to Crystal last night. She said that's who she just talk to and that someone would email me back later. Brianna emailed me back later this day and said I need to trim up the helicopter and then it would fly. Well, of course that did not work either. At 5:30 PM on this same day I called Banana Hobby back and spoke to Crystal. I told Crystal what was going on and she said she will put me on hold so she can speak to a tech. Crystal came back and said the tech wanted me to take the helicopter to a local Hobby Store and have them check the battery. I told her I would do that. I drove the 6 miles to the Hobby store and the battery checked out fine. They told me they have seen this problem with this specific helicopter before. They even sell this helicopter. I was told there was a manufacturing problem with the inner shaft. On October 14, 2011 @ 12:23 PM, I called Banana Hobby back and spoke to Antonius and told him that I had the battery check out and also told him of the problem I had learned. Antonius said he would have to speak to Crystal and he promised she would email me back by the end of the business day. I never heard back from Crystal so on October 19, 2011 @ 3:32 PM CST, I call Banana Hobby back and spoke to Antonius. I told him that I have been waiting for 5 days for Crystal to call me back about this problem. I asked him if there was something wrong with you people. I told him that I have been lied to and that I thought they were all being very dishonest with me and just hoping that I would go away. I told Antonius that I wanted to send the helicopter back and they could either fix it or send me another one. He said he would take it back but that I would need to send him pictures before he could give me a RMA #. I explained to him that I did not have a camera to get him pictures. Antonius said that he could not help me without the pictures. I told Antonius that I could get sworn Affidavit's from my neighbors stating the condition of the helicopter. Antonius said he would have to speak to the claims department about this and he would call or email me back today. RIGHT! On October 21, 2011 I finally received and email from Jacky at Banana Hobby and she stated that I needed to send pictures however I could just send the helicopter but if it was in differant shape she would have to charge me. On October 24, 2011 I emailed Banana Hobby and told them I found a neighbor that will take pictues and email the pictures to them. On October 25, 2011, the pictures of the helicopter were sent to Banana Hobby. On October 31, 2011, I was emailed a FORM 920 from Banana Hobby and asked to fill it out and send it back with the helicopter. I was also sent a RMA #. FINALLY!! On November 02, 2011 @ 1:30 PM. I shipped the helicopter back to Banana Hobby. I hope they do the right thing and either fix it or exchange the helicopter. This has been such a bad experiance for me, I wonder if they even know how to do the right thing. I make purchases all the time on the internet and never have had any problems before. I will keep everyone posted of the up coming events with Banana Hobby.

My name is Carol Nahkunst and I can be reached @ 214-724-1997 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              214-724-1997      end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you would like to talk about your experiances with Banana Hobby. Order # BH18-172334
I apologize for the inconveniences that this had caused you in regards to your order. May I bother you provide me with the tracking number for the return package of the 3CH Double Horse Volitation please. Therefore, it would allow me to track the package back to our facility. I would also like to know as to what shipping courier you had used and if you still have the receipt of the shipping cost that you had paid to return the item back to us. If so, please email me a copy at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com.
However, if you have yet to send out the return package back to us. I would like to inform you to keep the package in your possession due to the fact that I had submitted a replacement request for you. Therefore, a new 3CH Double Horse Volitation will be ship out to you shortly. As for the the defective helicopter that may or may not still be in your possession, you would be able to use it as parts for your replacement when necessary.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Banana Hobby
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Last edited by Nancy BH CSR; Nov 03, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Nancy P., As per your request, I have emailed you a copy of the receipt for the shipping back of the helicopter. Along with that is the tracking number. The helicopter will be coming to you via The United States Postal Service. I sincerely hope that your version of shortly in reference of getting me a new helicopter is just a couple days. I accept your expression of regret over the cirumstances with this process.
Sincerely,
Carol Nahkunst
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:51 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Nancy P., As per your request, I have emailed you a copy of the receipt for the shipping back of the helicopter. Along with that is the tracking number. The helicopter will be coming to you via The United States Postal Service. I sincerely hope that your version of shortly in reference of getting me a new helicopter is just a couple days. I accept your expression of regret over the cirumstances with this process.
Sincerely,
Carol Nahkunst
Dear Carol,

I would like to inform you that the replacement helicopter had been shipped out to you via UPS with the tracking number 1ZX388V40398819504 on November 7, 2011. It is scheduled to be deliver to you today, November 10, 2011.
You can track your package by going onto www.UPS.com to track your package.

If there's any additional issues and/or concern, you can contact Banana Hobby's Customer Service Center at 626-248-2888, or you can even send a direct email to me at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com

Best Regards,
Nancy P.
Banana Hobby
BHlccsr16@bananahobby.com
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:07 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
To NANCY

Dear Nancy, Thank you for your reply back. Thank you so much for sending the new helicopter out to me. I did receive it today. I got it all charged up and tried to fly it. It will go up in the air however it spins to the right and will not trim out. If you would please send out another helicopter right away and then give me instruction's on how you would like me to get this current helicopter back to you. This has been going on for over a month now and I sure would like to fly a helicopter. Please rush the new helicopter right away.

Sincerely, Carol Nakhunst

P.S. I will also email you today.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Dear Nancy, Thank you for your reply back. Thank you so much for sending the new helicopter out to me. I did receive it today. I got it all charged up and tried to fly it. It will go up in the air however it spins to the right and will not trim out. If you would please send out another helicopter right away and then give me instruction's on how you would like me to get this current helicopter back to you. This has been going on for over a month now and I sure would like to fly a helicopter. Please rush the new helicopter right away.

Sincerely, Carol Nakhunst

P.S. I will also email you today.
Just a suggestion from a heli pilot on the outside looking in here.......consider getting yourself a proper 4 channel hobby grade heli if you really want to fly and enjoy it and not drive yourself crazy here. 3 channel helis are nothing more than toy grade disposable garbage and the larger they are, the more terrible they are. You may go through a dozen of them before you get one that works as you expect it to and then it wont last anytime before it starts acting up in one way or the other.

Here is the thread for that heli from other owners and it doesn't take much reading to see that almost everyone has some sort of issue with it. Ignore the first post talking about how great it was since it was most likely from someone just spamming the heli who has never posted again since.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1247510

You can get a much better 4 channel heli with full directional control and proper gyro for what some of these cheap 3 channel novelty helis cost these days.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 11, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 08:13 PM
Fight gravity to the end!
Seattle WA
Joined Mar 2010
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Just a suggestion from a heli pilot on the outside looking in here.......consider getting yourself a proper 4 channel hobby grade heli if you really want to fly and enjoy it and not drive yourself crazy here. 3 channel helis are nothing more than toy grade disposable garbage and the larger they are, the more terrible they are. You may go through a dozen of them before you get one that works as you expect it to and then it wont last anytime before it starts acting up in one way or the other.

Here is the thread for that heli from other owners and it doesn't take much reading to see that almost everyone has some sort of issue with it. Ignore the first post talking about how great it was since it was most likely from someone just spamming the heli who has never posted again since.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1247510

You can get a much better 4 channel heli with full directional control and proper gyro for what some of these cheap 3 channel novelty helis cost these days.
With all due respect, if it is common knowledge that these are garbage, than why bother selling them to unsuspecting consumers? I'd be livid if that was their response to my problem after dropping hard earned money on a purchase for myself or even worse, if it had been a gift...
snafu_u is offline Find More Posts by snafu_u
Last edited by snafu_u; Nov 13, 2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:17 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu_u View Post
With all due respect, if it is common knowledge that these are garbage, than why bother selling them to unsuspecting consumers? I'd be livid if that was their response to my problem after dropping hard earned money on a purchase for myself or even worse, if it had been a gift...
You do understand that I do not work for them and my response is not from Bannan Hobby regarding the issue don't you?

It's called Marketing my friend and there is garbage sold every day to people who dont know any better or dont do their research first. You must do your homework before purchasing anything these days and one quick Google search would have shown first that this company is one of the worst in the industry and anither simple search of the product name would have shown that it was nothing more than a toy that doesn't work for most that own it.

I was simply trying to get the OP to understand that continuing to try and get them to send you a functioning product will be futile as its garbage to begin with. You can get a much better hobby grade product for about the same price. I would try and get a refund if it were me.

Like it or not......that is just the way it is. It's called living in the real world.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 18, 2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:53 PM
Joined May 2010
47 Posts
Now Nancy wants to resolve the problem. Ladies and Gentlemen. I like to order some nice stuff from Bananna, but, I feel I dont have the custome suppport I deserve. I have watched these "problems "with Banana Hobbys customer service for more than two years. I have bought items from thier sister companys, with good luck. That being said, Buyer Beware!! Someone in customer service, I suspect, in the six figure realm, needs to move on! But, the "Super Committee" cant do it. So I continue to wait to spend money where I dont quit know who the heck knows who is incharge.Lost sales, Banana,

Hello, Nice stuff. but, Support me! I am watching.
snoidslap75 is offline Find More Posts by snoidslap75
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:06 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
6 orders and no issues what so ever. /shrug I'll keep buying from them. Good luck where ever you buy from.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:42 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I've bought about 10 EDF's from them over the past few months and all has been good so far.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1 Posts
I purchased a plane from Bananahobby.com - I balanced the plane according to the poorly written directions. It wouldn't take off or fly. Never again. So I looked around - found nitroplanes.com. I have looked through multiple rc plane sites that question their relationship (under same ownership). Well they all say they are not related. To also include a chat session with nitroplanes where they said they were not affiliated with Bananahobby at all. So let me ask you all this - how many businesses that are competitors share the same PO box? I would expect none. Anyone who knows anything about the internet knows that you can lookup a websites registration info - see below for both tell me they are not the same - sharing the same PO Box. and same two IP addresses. Coincidence? Why do they try and hide it? (retorical question)

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:28:39 UTC <<<

Queried whois.melbourneit.com with "bananahobby.com"...

Domain Name.......... bananahobby.com
Creation Date........ 2006-06-18
Registration Date.... 2006-06-18
Expiry Date.......... 2012-06-18
Organisation Name.... Dan Wu
Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
Organisation Address. 94088
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
Admin Address........ registered post accepted only
Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
Admin Address........ 94088
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:30:40 UTC <<<

Queried whois.melbourneit.com with "nitroplanes.com"...

Domain Name.......... nitroplanes.com
Creation Date........ 2005-05-17
Registration Date.... 2005-05-17
Expiry Date.......... 2012-05-17
Organisation Name.... Jun H. Ma
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

fooledMeOnce is offline Find More Posts by fooledMeOnce
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:03 AM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Did you try contacting them and resolving the issues? Maybe they use the same company for their website. Like say yahoo? /gasp...
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:23 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Sep 2011
115 Posts
Banana Hobby is not part of the Nitroplanes Group (Nitroplanes, HobbyPartz, Xheli, NitroRCX) if they were they would have been part of that crazy Black Friday sale and I would own a SkyAngel 50mm jet right now. Look at the products that they sell. Nitro and Banana sell competing products, product made by competing manufactures to capture the same market.

I see this as an attempt to make things right by Banana. From all the bad things that I have heard I have seen effort on their part to make things right.

It is hard to believe ppl also when they create accounts just to bad mouth a company. Some times it is understandable that the person joins just to warn others but fooledmeonce is just pushing it.

BTW BH if you are listening my one problem with the site is that it list planes as RTF when there are really PNF at that price listed. Why don't you just create separate listings instead of listing planes RTF with a $20 tx/rx option. It's not RTF if you don't have anything to control it with.
dubels is offline Find More Posts by dubels
Last edited by dubels; Nov 27, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
banana Hobby is not affiliated nor partnered with Nitroplanes in any way, there is no reason to lie nor reason to hide anything. May I have your order number for the plane you are referring to please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooledMeOnce View Post
I purchased a plane from Bananahobby.com - I balanced the plane according to the poorly written directions. It wouldn't take off or fly. Never again. So I looked around - found nitroplanes.com. I have looked through multiple rc plane sites that question their relationship (under same ownership). Well they all say they are not related. To also include a chat session with nitroplanes where they said they were not affiliated with Bananahobby at all. So let me ask you all this - how many businesses that are competitors share the same PO box? I would expect none. Anyone who knows anything about the internet knows that you can lookup a websites registration info - see below for both tell me they are not the same - sharing the same PO Box. and same two IP addresses. Coincidence? Why do they try and hide it? (retorical question)

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:28:39 UTC <<<

Queried whois.melbourneit.com with "bananahobby.com"...

Domain Name.......... bananahobby.com
Creation Date........ 2006-06-18
Registration Date.... 2006-06-18
Expiry Date.......... 2012-06-18
Organisation Name.... Dan Wu
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +1.51 05952002      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Admin Fax............

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:30:40 UTC <<<

Queried whois.melbourneit.com with "nitroplanes.com"...

Domain Name.......... nitroplanes.com
Creation Date........ 2005-05-17
Registration Date.... 2005-05-17
Expiry Date.......... 2012-05-17
Organisation Name.... Jun H. Ma
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US